Phuket Police formally charge British boyfriend for death of Sophie Anderson

rooster59

26 minutes ago, Nip said:

Have a look at his You Tube page Sun Fruit Dan and see that he may not be corky but he's an insensitive moron and more important a scary individual. 

Have just had a look at his videos on You Tube - I have now seen another side to the man - my apologies.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JamJar said:

An odious mummy's boy.

On the one hand he berates anyone who views him in a negative way, brushing their genuine emotions and feelings away. On the other, he uses her death to raise money for his legal case.

One moment, crocodile tears to invoke our emotion to send him money for his legal defence, then suddenly a change and it's all about the money.

Sorry Danny, but you don't get to choose how people see you. Especially when so soon after the incident, you uploaded a video I Don't Care About Peoples Opinion Of Me!

As to the car braking suddenly, I see no evidence of that in this CCTV footage: https://www.farang-deaths.com/wp-content/uploads/5c8db114.mp4

Take some responsibility man.

I'm clearly missing something as I can't see the accident at all from your link.

The guy involved only diminished my sympapthy with his facebook videos... but it still seems likely to have been a tragic accident.

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

I'm clearly missing something as I can't see the accident at all from your link.

The guy involved only diminished my sympapthy with his facebook videos... but it still seems likely to have been a tragic accident.

It's on the other side of the road, at around twenty four seconds in.

20 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I only watched the beginning of his first video after the accident - and it made me cringe...

Nonetheless, it was clearly a typical accident.

Reckless driving?  I can't see it as anything other than an accident - despite the accused's horrendous video :sad:.

I agree with you. But there are accidents and there are accidents. He had on board the woman he supposedly loved who was carrying his unborn child. Yet in traffic he is riding at a speed that it was necessary to take the evasive action he describes? Me?  Of course I would not be riding a bike in such circumstances and certainly not at the speed he was clearly doing. This of course has been noted by others. Any of us who ride bikes in Thailand ride defensively and consider all else on the roads as fools. That's how I was taught. It seems in videos posted and now removed he fancied himself as a boy racer and sadly a young life was lost. 

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I can't see it either, and agree entirely with your comment - whatever you think of the guy, I don't think he did it on purpose.

1 minute ago, sambum said:

I can't see it either, and agree entirely with your comment - whatever you think of the guy, I don't think he did it on purpose.

Then look properly. Other side of the road at around twenty four seconds. There is no sudden stop by the white pickup in front. Just the normal ebb and flow of traffic.

2 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Then look properly. Other side of the road at around twenty four seconds. There is no sudden stop by the white pickup in front. Just the normal ebb and flow of traffic.

I still can't see it, but go back to my earlier comment about 'bike riders having to keep checking their rear view mirrors.  One glance at the rear view mirrors can result in having to suddenly brake when the vehicle in front brakes unexpectedly.

10 hours ago, z42 said:

Utterly ridiculous and unnecessary. The same standards are not applied across the board (Red bull a-hole, Praewa, Anna Reese,drunken ChMai cyclist killer, and the pickup driver fined1000 baht for mowing down 2 cyclists while leaning down to get his hat off the floor).

All I see here is a pathetic flexing of muscles and abuse of power.

I wonder what investigation was undertaken to reach a conclusion of reckless driving. I suspect minimal at best.

An utter disgrace imo (the singling out of certain people i mean)

If this is really the statement he gave, a lawyer would have told him to leave the last sentence out so they didn't have to lay a reckless charge. "I tried to stabilise it but I wasn’t able to.It’s two people on a scooter, it’s a very difficult thing to do".    

This is the white pickup that he claimed braked suddenly. The truck is in the adjoining lane. His bike is nowhere to be seen in the screen capture. So he was just going too fast to be able to stop in time.  Reckless driving.

1.jpg

8 minutes ago, JamJar said:

"Then look properly."? There's no need for that type of arrogant comment!

However, from what I see now, the white pick up did brake, but "what happened next" is obscured, but it would seem to suggest that the motor cyclist was at fault.

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Then look properly."? There's no need for that type of arrogant comment!

However, from what I see now, the white pick up did brake, but "what happened next" is obscured, but it would seem to suggest that the motor cyclist was at fault.

What else can I tell you if we are both looking at the same video? I even narrowed it down to the time and location.

There was no sudden braking of the white pickup. In fact the silver pickup was the first to brake and the white pickup reacted normally to the situation.

It's either that Danny was going too fast to react to traffic conditions or that he tried  to manoeuvre past the pickup in his impatience and panicked when he realised that he couldn't make it.

He is wholly responsible for the incident.

3 minutes ago, silent said:

If this is really the statement he gave, a lawyer would have told him to leave the last sentence out so they didn't have to lay a reckless charge. "I tried to stabilise it but I wasn’t able to.It’s two people on a scooter, it’s a very difficult thing to do".    

I agree with this - which is why I only ever tried it once, and only then because others had assured me its easy to ride a scooter with a pillion passenger.....

Yes, its easy when travelling at a reasonable speed - but far more difficult when moving slowly.

Perhaps this should result in a law against pillion passengers on the back of scooters?  Personally, I'd prefer not to regulate this way, but we all have different ideas about laws and regulations.

3 hours ago, JustNo said:

Shame on you BiB, you let Thais get away with murder in the form of reckless driving in cases FAR worse than this, but when a farang is involved you have no qualms in locking him up, leaving a 5 year old now without a mother and a father. This man had been through enough, his life is in tatters, and now you throw the book at him when there wasn't much 'recklessness'  in this case as it is. I forgot, he isn't minted and you didn't get a brown envelope on your desk. Sort it out Thailand, you are a shambles when it comes to 'justice' 

So in your opinion the consequences dished out in other cases should reflect favourably on this jerk in the OP.

He was working in Thailand illegally and not proficient in riding a motorbike on Thailand`s roads, therefore he caused his own shambles and tragically destroyed two lives in the process of his being here under false pretences and gambling not only with his own life but also with the lives of other people in what to him was probably only an adventure.

Sadly, the guy is a loser and made those close to him losers as well, as would anyone who becomes involved with jerks like him.  

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I agree with this - which is why I only ever tried it once, and only then because others had assured me its easy to ride a scooter with a pillion passenger.....

Yes, its easy when travelling at a reasonable speed - but far more difficult when moving slowly.

Perhaps this should result in a law against pillion passengers on the back of scooters?  Personally, I'd prefer not to regulate this way, but we all have different ideas about laws and regulations.

Nope...how does a bike slide sidewards if you are travelling slowly?  If he was travelling slowly, there would have been no fear of him crashing into the white pickup in front.

So there are two scenarios; One, going too fast to stop, but unable to swerve to the right because of the truck's presence or two, trying to make an unnecessary manoeuvre to the right lane and simply panicking when he realised that he couldn't make it.

Both reckless driving.

This topic has become somewhat reminiscent of the renowned movie 12 ANGRY MEN but in reverse. He started off being perhaps innocent and unfortunate to being guilty and utterly careless. His next video will be from Vietnam as Sophie spoke to him from the next world saying he was entirely guiltless and she wanted him to be free and get on with his life.

26 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Nope...how does a bike slide sidewards if you are travelling slowly?  If he was travelling slowly, there would have been no fear of him crashing into the white pickup in front.

So there are two scenarios; One, going too fast to stop, but unable to swerve to the right because of the truck's presence or two, trying to make an unnecessary manoeuvre to the right lane and simply panicking when he realised that he couldn't make it.

Both reckless driving.

Beside that you cant't know for certain about the possible scenarios, the two that you have described are mistakes, or at worst, minor road law infractions. Reckless driving is something else, I hope that I don't need to explain what's  its definition.

You like many TV members speak with all probability from having short or no motorbike experience, come from a defensive driving country, think to know everything yes want to be the uncalled judge.

I don't know or care about his FB profile (I don't use or read FB, people should try hat sometime), but I know that for any normal person the loss from a similar accident is devastating and life changing. In any case, it will be enough punishment alone.

RIP to the victim and her unborn baby.

6 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I agree with you.....except going into a wobble as a result of having to brake suddenly in an emergency .....to me would not necessarily denote innexperience........I see professionals going into wobbles constantly in races.....although they are travelling at high speed.

I myself have been reducing my speed of late (from about 50 klm to 40) it seems to me that the driving standards are getting worse in Thailand if anything........not better.

As you say, the wobble experience doesn't stack up in this circumstance, that presents a problem regarding credibility. And why is the man so shy now? That is strange. It means there is more to this than meets the eye. Either way, its a terrible accident, that sounds as if it could have probably been avoided by a tad more mindfulness. 

In the country I once lived in we call motorcyclists "temporary Australians".   I had a powerful motorcycle in my 30's in Australia and all I can say is I am lucky to still be alive. Two wheels are fun, efficient and quick, but a health hazard. 

43 minutes ago, JamJar said:

What else can I tell you if we are both looking at the same video? I even narrowed it down to the time and location.

There was no sudden braking of the white pickup. In fact the silver pickup was the first to brake and the white pickup reacted normally to the situation.

It's either that Danny was going too fast to react to traffic conditions or that he tried  to manoeuvre past the pickup in his impatience and panicked when he realised that he couldn't make it.

He is wholly responsible for the incident.

I was referring to your original arrogant reply :-  "then look properly" 

Your original post merely directed us to the link, and dick dasterdly also didn't see anything - presumably we were both looking at the side of the road nearest the camera. You narrowed it down to the time and location later. This is from your ORIGINAL post:-

"As to the car braking suddenly, I see no evidence of that in this CCTV footage: https://www.farang-deaths.com/wp-content/uploads/5c8db114.mp4

Take some responsibility man."

26 minutes ago, paz said:

Beside that you cant't know for certain about the possible scenarios, the two that you have described are mistakes, or at worst, minor road law infractions. Reckless driving is something else, I hope that I don't need to explain what's  its definition.

You like many TV members speak with all probability from having short or no motorbike experience, come from a defensive driving country, think to know everything yes want to be the uncalled judge.

I don't know or care about his FB profile (I don't use or read FB, people should try hat sometime), but I know that for any normal person the loss from a similar accident is devastating and life changing. In any case, it will be enough punishment alone.

RIP to the victim and her unborn baby.

I ride extensively in Thailand. So it is you who is dealing in unfounded conjecture.

How you can write "at worst, minor road law infractions"  and "RIP to the victim and her unborn baby" in the same post smacks of Danny Glass type detachment.

I know of what I write and I am not hiding behind legalese.

His claim of the car in front stopping suddenly is a bunch of bull. The CCTV footage clearly disproves his assertion.

His is simply trying to deflect the blame for the incident. It is his fault entirely.

12 hours ago, z42 said:

Utterly ridiculous and unnecessary. The same standards are not applied across the board (Red bull a-hole, Praewa, Anna Reese,drunken ChMai cyclist killer, and the pickup driver fined1000 baht for mowing down 2 cyclists while leaning down to get his hat off the floor).

All I see here is a pathetic flexing of muscles and abuse of power.

I wonder what investigation was undertaken to reach a conclusion of reckless driving. I suspect minimal at best.

An utter disgrace imo (the singling out of certain people i mean)

I hope you mean others get off too lightly...

Where the is any reason to believe there is injury or death due to reckless, negligent or careless driving then it should be up to the courts to decide.

Nice to see he got a hair cut.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Of course he did it on purpose. Was someone else responsible?

The bike? The road? The car in front? No, it was Danny Glass.

25 minutes ago, sambum said:

I was referring to your original arrogant reply :-  "then look properly" 

Your original post merely directed us to the link, and dick dasterdly also didn't see anything - presumably we were both looking at the side of the road nearest the camera. You narrowed it down to the time and location later. This is from your ORIGINAL post:-

"As to the car braking suddenly, I see no evidence of that in this CCTV footage: https://www.farang-deaths.com/wp-content/uploads/5c8db114.mp4

Take some responsibility man."

I had already replied to dick dasterdly (post #64)with reference to it being on the other side of the road, twenty four seconds in. You posted(post #67) after I had already replied as to where and when.

I mean there is only one eighteen wheel truck in the video. If you couldn't see it before, you should look properly. There was little need for me to point out that it was on the other side of the road.

Let's not get distracted by your petty argument.

If you choose to defend him, that is your prerogative. 

If he hadn't claimed that it was the fault of the pickup in front braking suddenly, then perhaps I wouldn't have posted at all.

The fault is all his. No doubt.

3 hours ago, samsensam said:

i heard he was all over youtube too

He took the cue from her.  She was earning youtube dollars showing pedo friendly videos under the guise of education.  Two peas in a pod.  There's no reason to post a video entitled  "Does My Boyfriend Find Breastfeeding A Turn On?" in the name of "education" except one.  

35 minutes ago, JamJar said:

I had already replied to dick dasterdly (post #64)with reference to it being on the other side of the road, twenty four seconds in. You posted(post #67) after I had already replied as to where and when.

I mean there is only one eighteen wheel truck in the video. If you couldn't see it before, you should look properly. There was little need for me to point out that it was on the other side of the road.

If he hadn't claimed that it was the fault of the pickup in front braking suddenly, then perhaps I wouldn't have posted at all.

Let's get one thing straight - I am not defending the man:-

My Post #59 :- " Thanks for that - yes, I have revised my opinion  of the guy now - it would have been better if he'd "said nowt"! "

My post #61:- "Have just had a look at his videos on You Tube - I have now seen another side to the man - my apologies."

My "petty argument" was merely disagreeing with your "look properly" comment which I thought was quite arrogant - I still do. (I hadn't seen your Post #64 which must have been posted within seconds/minutes of my Post #67.)

And to say that he did it on purpose is merely being  argumentative and to be quite honest , quite vindictive.

However, you seem to be making this a personal argument with me, and as a consequence, let me make my stand quite clear. I am not defending the man, I was mistaken about him in the first place, for which I have apologised. I do not think that he did this on purpose - he may have been responsible, but it's not quite the same thing.

The Mods (and other Posters) are probably getting fed up with this bickering, so this is my final post to you on this thread, as we seem to be getting nowhere, and I am not in the habit of insulting people, so "Have a nice day" :mfr_closed1: 

11 minutes ago, sambum said:

Let's get one thing straight - I am not defending the man:-

My Post #59 :-

My post #61:- Have just had a look at his videos on You Tube - I have now seen another side to the man - my apologies.

Anyway, let's not argue amongst each other.

41 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Maybe pedantic,but if you also choose to look carefully there is not a 18 wheel truck in the video.

This looks very much like a race issue~might as well be blunt about it.  If it were applied this way across the board, they would have prisoners living in shipping containers due to over overcrowding.  Phfffff

Archived