Volunteer cop still fighting despite losing both hands and feet in high voltage accident

webfact

Volunteer cop still fighting despite losing both hands and feet in high voltage accident

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

CHAIYA: -- A former volunteer policeman still aims to be the main breadwinner in his family despite a terrible accident that has left him without hands or feet.

Thai Rath reporters went to meet forty three year old Sonthaya Inthajao or "Lek" who is still hospitalized in Chaiya Hospital, Surat Thani.

In early April he was doing his other job of cutting palm when he was electrocuted. Surgeons were unable to save any of his outer limbs.

But the accident has not destroyed the spirit of this fine man who lives with his mum and dad after splitting up from his wife and two children.

Thai Rath said that he intends to continue supporting his family including his children who he sends money to every month.

"Now that the accident is behind me I will have to see about prosthetic limbs," said Lek matter-of-factly. "And I will need to find a new way to earn money so I can remain as the breadwinner in the family.

"I have never been a complainer," he said, "I will fight to my last breath".

He thanked former police colleagues and his friends in the locality who have been regular visitors to his bedside since the accident.

"It is great to know that people have not forgotten me," he added.

A fund has been set up by his father to help with his care.

Donations can be made to the account of Amphon Inthajao at Kasikorn Bank (Chaiya Branch) # 026-8-80973-2.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-29

Keep fighting mate, never give up, fight fight fight.

I was down after being told i was now paraplegic, but being a fighter with the help of my wife and a few good friends, i got over my depression, and got on with my life best i could.

Come on TV members, on the post is an account where you can send donations, do it help him, i will be helping with a donation.

Lets show Thai people that we are not just a bunch of old whingers here on TV.

Do it NOW.

25 minutes ago, metrox said:

I can help with 3D printed mecatronic upper limbs trough my association Give a Hand, anyone have his contact ?

Hi, the OP says that the guy is still a patient in Chaiya Hospital in Surat Thani prvince. The hospital phone number is 077431103, I'm sure a Thai speaking person could call them and take it from there.

3 minutes ago, Laab Muu said:

Hi, the OP says that the guy is still a patient in Chaiya Hospital in Surat Thani prvince. The hospital phone number is 077431103, I'm sure a Thai speaking person could call them and take it from there.

Yep, I just notice this too, and it's not far from my place. I will call tomorrow and see if I can pay them a visit.

1 minute ago, Laab Muu said:

^Let us know how you get on, I was just looking at the helping hand Facebook page.

I am in Samui. If somebody around Suratthani read us and can pickup me at Donsak pier with a car to visit him in Chaiya at the end of the week, it will help a lot. I have 4 prototypes to show.

Archived