Dupuytren's contracture

JAG

I've recently been diagnosed with a condition known as "Dupuytren's contracture". Basically, the muscles in the palm of your hand harden and contract, pulling your little finger downwards and slightly outwards from the other fingers. It has been developing over a couple of years, but I really didn't  bother until I recently noticed that I can no longer flatten my palms or place my hands flat on the table. It is much worse in  my right hand than my left hand. I'm told (and read) that it will probably continue to get worse. I went to my local hospital, and after much humming and hawing they diagnosed it. They had never seen it before, as far as I can tell it is confined to people from Northern Europe (The Viking Disease). There is they say no treatment available here. It's uncomfortable rather than painful.

Does anyone else here have it - and if so have you had any success in treating it?

Dick Turpin has nothing on these guys  150,000 baht  ,250,000 baht   try 19 million,'   '2 nights in hospital'   gawd               again put into google 'Dupuytren's contracture India".    I was quoted £500 there, but went back to Uk and operated on within 2 weeks for free,  in and out within 6 hours after surgery

11 hours ago, teddog said:

Dick Turpin has nothing on these guys  150,000 baht  ,250,000 baht   try 19 million,'   '2 nights in hospital'   gawd               again put into google 'Dupuytren's contracture India".    I was quoted £500 there, but went back to Uk and operated on within 2 weeks for free,  in and out within 6 hours after surgery

$387 to around $ 680  after quick search, each hand....but up to you.  Yes takes a couple of weeks to heal, hand wrapped in tight ball after the op, stops the cords re-attaching.  all I have to show now is fine scar upper palm...all gone, nothing came back

Archived