Why everything is closing early and Bangkok nightlife may never be the same

webfact

Why everything is closing early and Bangkok nightlife may never be the same

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

13920946_670388266442534_468420002187217  

Photo: Dark Bar / Facebook

BANGKOK — If finding a late-night roost in the capital’s usual haunts has become more difficult, that’s because most clubs and bars in the Khaosan Road and Thonglor areas were ordered this month to close at midnight – a situation that may not change.

While the earlier closing of familiar venues may seem a sudden change, police said they have merely begun enforcing a law long on the books. Local police chiefs in both areas said they have done nothing but enforce a 2004 regulation requiring clubs and bars registered as restaurants in the two popular nightlife areas to close by midnight.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/nightlife/2017/05/29/everything-closing-early-bangkok-nightlife-may-never/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-05-30

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, webfact said:

requiring clubs and bars registered as restaurants in the two popular nightlife areas to close by midnight.

Maybe that's the reason and they need to get a different business designation. I was at Mixx till 3am tonight.

46 minutes ago, Bang Bang said:

Maybe that's the reason and they need to get a different business designation. I was at Mixx till 3am tonight.

Good point.

My understanding is that  clubs & bars are subject to a different licensing and fee structure. Also the labour laws are different,  such as no underage workers  near the alcohol etc., and of course the random urine tests for drugs.

Nothing is curved in stone, the day that all those pious morality police ' do as I say but not as I do' people will realize that tourism is hurting and numbers are falling, they will reverse those opening hours quick smart... nothing like the Thais to go back on their words and 'laws'.....

13 minutes ago, dg1980 said:

Apparently some Thais believe that Bangkok would better if it was more like Singapore.

Yeah, like the ones that have to put up with the incessant, pounding noise next door, all the drunks shouting in the streets at all hours when they've finally had enough, and wading through puddles of puke to get out of their neighborhood the next morning.

Just now, impulse said:

Yeah, like the ones that have to put up with the incessant, pounding noise next door, all the drunks shouting in the streets at all hours when they've finally had enough, and wading through puddles of puke to get out of their neighborhood the next morning.

Here come the TV old fuddies this site is famous for ????

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Nothing is curved in stone, the day that all those pious morality police ' do as I say but not as I do' people will realize that tourism is hurting and numbers are falling, they will reverse those opening hours quick smart...nothing like the Thais to go back on their words and 'laws'.....

One would wonder why a brain cannot extrapolate that before it happens. . . . . 

The duuh factor seems excessive. Why kill the goose? Oh let me see. If I kill the goose it will not 

lay eggs like it used to. I wonder is this is a good idea. Will we be able to revive the goose later?

Lets ask a monk. Pay a monk? Pay somebody else? It was an old law, lets revive it and see if it works.

Hahahahahahahah OMG

38 minutes ago, dg1980 said:

Apparently some Thais believe that Bangkok would better if it was more like Singapore.

Not just Thais. Keep Thai prices, install some pavements that allow people to walk on them and improve the air quality and tourist numbers would rocket.

Just now, madmitch said:

Enjoy your one hour of fun!!!

Yeah, that's all peeps will have if they make a midnight close everywhere. I'm sure the Thai peeps will be pissed off they won't have anywhere to party on the weekends, but then again there will always be places to go to for them to party till 3am or 5am. Tourists on the other hand won't bother coming to Thailand, they'll just go somewhere else where nightclubs are opened to a normal time.

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Someone clubbing in a city where the clubs close early!

They'll be clubbing with a party of 5 or 10 peeps as they'll have the whole club for themselves...

2 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

Too much information on the net.  The owner of Mixx would not appreciate that!

21 minutes ago, dcsw53 said:

Not just Thais. Keep Thai prices, install some pavements that allow people to walk on them and improve the air quality and tourist numbers would rocket.

lol yea... "mate I'm not going to Bangkok, super night life but no bloody side walk!!!"

5 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

And not get mugged on way home.

lol it's practically been impossible for me to get mugged on the way home. Bro, I'd say BKK is one of the safest cities to walk around in the middle of the night.

Oh wait, did you mean "get mugged on the way home" as in the police trying to get some cash out of peeps walking along Sukhumvit or from one of those police road blocks?

it happened after the army to force to the Zadd's club which is nearby khaosan road. they had allowed underage entry to party and buy drugs. After that big affect for others bar and club have to shut by midnight.

Sent from my CPH1605 using Tapatalk

Archived