Twenty billion baht tram projects set to transform Pattaya!

webfact

Hope they remember to  make sure  the trams slow down on the beach road ,  so passengers  can have time to  fully appreciate   the  girls at the coconut bar .

Better still , this section might be made  ' hop on hop off ' 

Actually , just realized  I'm 65 so better just ignore this post . !

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were tram cars in Sheffield when I were a lad, we was always getting our bicycle wheels stuck in the tram tracks and falling off, can see the same thing happening here with all the motorcycles. Very convenient but they require a separate dedicated tramway to be safe.  An overhead Light rail system like they have in Singapore makes more sense and cheaper. 

Picture is of a Sheffield tram as I remember them.

Tram.jpg

On 5/30/2017 at 0:33 AM, champers said:

Great idea. I hope it comes to fruition. It will be a boon to the city, if it transpires.

Yes!  You will be able to pick-yer-bitch without having to walk, on Walking Street.

14 hours ago, Rimmer said:

There were tram cars in Sheffield when I were a lad, we was always getting our bicycle wheels stuck in the tram tracks and falling off, can see the same thing happening here with all the motorcycles. Very convenient but they require a separate dedicated tramway to be safe.  An overhead Light rail system like they have in Singapore makes more sense and cheaper. 

Picture is of a Sheffield tram as I remember them.

Tram.jpg

My aunt was a war bride from there. As for the tram I don't think this is a serious proposal. It is not practical. A dedicated lane would create serious gridlock on BR and 2nd when the BKK crowd come down on weekends. It's right crazy already without taking a lane away. I take it for an idle threat to the baht bus mafia that will not make an inch of difference in the route and stops war. Who the hell wants to wait around for a tram in this heat? About 3 years ago there were buses they brought in. Lasted a few weeks and they were gone. 

A great idea as long as beach road is changed to a walking street (ppromenade) and the trams are the only item allowed except perhaps bicycles, but NO motorbikes. Allow access for services vehicles and deliveries during 3am till 10.am. The back road needs to be dualled with central reservation and resurfacing. Lay the tracks could all be done and completed in 2 years in the real world, in Pattaya have they got the B___ls to do it? Quick?

Wouldn't It just be easier to use a "tram" with normal wheels and a clean burn engine instead of having to lay tracks and electric they could try to keep 1 lane specially for the tram... faster,cheaper,no disruptive roadworks, easy to rerurn to normal when it fails. :lol:

Archived