HDPrime....the new Ilikehd

KhonKaenKowboy

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dropped them like a rock. Tried the 48 hour trial for $1.50 at boomboom. It works well for the most part. Some buffers here and there but at least the channels are on at 5 a.m., where at hdprime they go off line for 10 minutes at 5 a.m. :annoyed:

On 6/15/2017 at 5:18 AM, Somtamnication said:

I dropped them like a rock. Tried the 48 hour trial for $1.50 at boomboom. It works well for the most part. Some buffers here and there but at least the channels are on at 5 a.m., where at hdprime they go off line for 10 minutes at 5 a.m. :annoyed:

Looked at boomboom. On front page say they take visa but when it comes to paying the only option is paypal and you have to authorize automatic repeat payments. Didn't like that so didn't go ahead. At least with HDprime you can choose when you pay and they don't take your money without you agreeing to the repeat order.

On 6/20/2017 at 5:17 AM, Somtamnication said:

Not on my payment page. Did not use paypal, which I absolutely hate. Not recurring either.

Signed up with paypal for a trial.

Have intalled it on kodi no problem but now cannot login. Fill in the username/password but it doesn't go through.

Also have no idea how I am supposed to watch boom boom on my laptop. do I need an android simulator?

Any help would be great

HDPrime is getting heaps better.
Of late, every time I complain, they answer promptly, and have tried a few different configurations for me. In the account section you can run speed tests and select the best combination of servers etc.
All coming together nicely for me I think.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I just signed up to Nitro, about 680 baht p/m, easy as.  Glad I did, I'm enjoying a weekend of high quality Aussie Rules, MotoGP and F1. I downloaded the APK app and installed it on my M8 android box also set up Kodi with Nitro add on on my notebook computer.

8 hours ago, carlyai said:

HDPrime is getting heaps better.
Of late, every time I complain, they answer promptly, and have tried a few different configurations for me. In the account section you can run speed tests and select the best combination of servers etc.
All coming together nicely for me I think.

Yes I would agree. There has been a significant improvement in service, buffering on live tv in particular is down considerably. Movies and series are loading and playing with ease. Their response time to any queries you may have is better than any company I have ever dealt with, almost immediately replying. 

1 hour ago, stereolab said:

There has been a significant improvement in service, buffering on live tv in particular is down considerably. Movies and series are loading and playing with ease.

So when people get little buffering on live streams with a free service, it's considered unreliable, but if they get it on a service which they pay for every month it is an improvement.:post-4641-1156694572:

Been running both HDprime and BoomBoom in tandem so have a very good comparison of the two at the same time and Boom Boom is far far better in both quality of picture and more importantly reliability. HDprime is a big backward step from what it was and i wont renew my sub when it runs out in a few days.

What I found out yesterday when using HDPrime, is that when channels are buffering or don't play, I did the speed test again and switched servers. Then all very good again.

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

What I found out yesterday when using HDPrime, is that when channels are buffering or don't play, I did the speed test again and switched servers. Then all very good again.

I found that when I switched off my Zenmate application all buffering stopped.

I got one extra week, after an entire month of BS....they never responded to my email, just more delays and promises.  As far as their movies...I have better collections on individual thumb drives.  Netflix works wayyy better, but the content is weak, too.  I have been quoted 199 USD for all NFL and there might even be a promo code.....would rather watch college, though...and just about all of it is on during sleeping hours....but, if you stay up till 4 with the Stock Market; you might as well do some football parlays.

On 7/3/2017 at 5:24 PM, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I have been quoted 199 USD for all NFL

That's the same price quoted on the nfl.com gamepass website. Used to be 99 bucks a year with further discounts if you didn't sign up before the pre-season. Although their online service has been really good, it looks like they have priced me out of the 2017/18 season.

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

That's the same price quoted on the nfl.com gamepass website. Used to be 99 bucks a year with further discounts if you didn't sign up before the pre-season. Although their online service has been really good, it looks like they have priced me out of the 2017/18 season.

Wasn't the 99 USD option for one team only?  

On 6/19/2017 at 7:44 PM, somo said:

Looked at boomboom. On front page say they take visa but when it comes to paying the only option is paypal and you have to authorize automatic repeat payments. Didn't like that so didn't go ahead. At least with HDprime you can choose when you pay and they don't take your money without you agreeing to the repeat order.

It's a great payment system - you just buy points and purchase packages whenever you want. A lot of services you sign up for will want monthly payments. With HDPrime you can take time off whenever you like, or change to different packages whenever.

I really like the service. Some people may have slow internet connections that can't handle international streaming well. Knowing that most expats are looking for bargain basement cheap Internet services, that's probably half the problem for many.

On 6/25/2017 at 9:55 AM, janclaes47 said:

So when people get little buffering on live streams with a free service, it's considered unreliable, but if they get it on a service which they pay for every month it is an improvement.:post-4641-1156694572:

The reality is that buffering on live streams is unavoidable on the Internet... and that goes double for people living in Thailand as there's only 1 International gateway. HDPrime is trying their best to limit the inconvenience it causes to subscribers. They are doing a good job. I can go hours without buffering.

How fast is your Internet service, is the question no one seems to be addressing on these threads about IPTV?

On 6/3/2017 at 3:53 PM, longball53098 said:

This is the current message posted on the screens of the HDPrime web pages:

Latest News (03 June 2017)

• The situation with our network in Europe is proving to be more complicated than we anticipated, it may take us until 15/06 to have all sorted out properly. We will extend user TV packages to make up for lost time when this is back to normal.
  • Additionally, we are sorry to announce our facebook page has been shut down, please contact us by email for any assistance. As we are all hands on deck to work out the Europe streaming issues, e-mail responses may be delayed by several hours.
  • Lastly, our credit card payment facility is currently unavailable, we expect this to be back online in a week. Please use TrueMoney from any 7-11 shop, or contact us for alternative payment options.

sound real legit to me. 

Been running both HDprime and BoomBoom in tandem so have a very good comparison of the two at the same time and Boom Boom is far far better in both quality of picture and more importantly reliability. HDprime is a big backward step from what it was and i wont renew my sub when it runs out in a few days.

There is no subscription that requires renewal. You pay as you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, tropo said:

The reality is that buffering on live streams is unavoidable on the Internet... and that goes double for people living in Thailand as there's only 1 International gateway. HDPrime is trying their best to limit the inconvenience it causes to subscribers. They are doing a good job. I can go hours without buffering.

How fast is your Internet service, is the question no one seems to be addressing on these threads about IPTV?

Of course it is avoidable. For a HD live stream a 5 Mb international connection is sufficient, while for a Full HD stream 7-8 Mb should be fine to stream without buffer.

Since HDPrime has servers in Singapore this should be no issue for most internet users in Thailand.

Any decent stream provider also builds in a buffer of up 1 minute on live streams, to iron out the minor fluctuations most internet connections have.

I don't use a paid provider, since everything is available for free, but my streams come from Europe or elsewhere in the world.

My connection to Europe is about 9Mb, and i have no problem streaming full HD live streams without buffer.

When it buffers I know it is not caused by my internet connection, but at the server side which is overloaded.

3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Of course it is avoidable. For a HD live stream a 5 Mb international connection is sufficient, while for a Full HD stream 7-8 Mb should be fine to stream without buffer.

Perhaps the fact that I run a fiber 100 Mbps internet connection indicates speed must be a determining factor as I don't get much buffering and love the HDPrime service.. yet many of you are constantly complaining.

Obviously, if you have more speed, buffering times will be reduced as it catches up faster.

I think you'll find the slower people's connections are, the more problems they will have.

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

Perhaps the fact that I run a fiber 100 Mbps internet connection indicates speed must be a determining factor as I don't get much buffering and love the HDPrime service.. yet many of you are constantly complaining.

Obviously, if you have more speed, buffering times will be reduced as it catches up faster.

I think you'll find the slower people's connections are, the more problems they will have.

I'm not complaining at all, since I watch all those HDprime channels and a lot more for free and without buffering, on my ordinary 9Mb ADSL connection.

4 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I'm not complaining at all, since I watch all those HDprime channels and a lot more for free and without buffering, on my ordinary 9Mb ADSL connection.

You can say what you like on here - but I don't believe you. 

Archived