BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamie2009

Cremation Costs.

If I die in Thailand I have no intention of being shipped home, I have no property/car here etc. just enough in the Bank for every day living.

What is the cost of a basic cremation and how would I arrange for it too be paid ?

Could I write into my UK Will my wishes stating my daughter would transfer the money to my GF too pay for it from my estate ?.

Back garden, a few litres of petrol & a match about 100 baht should cover it.:biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Back garden, a few litres of petrol & a match about 100 baht should cover it.:biggrin:

I don't have a garden !

Youll be dead so you wont really care what they do to you. If however you are single with no NOK here they will attempt to contact your NOK in birth country. So you need to tell them to make sure your burnt here either way they will be charged.

A number of company's sell pre-paid funeral plans somewhere between 30 - 40K

12 hours ago, jamie2009 said:

I don't have a garden !

You can use mine, I need the fertilizer. :)

More seriously, a local cremation around here costs one or two thousand baht but the cost can increase based on what the family want, extra;s such as flowers, laying in state for a week, a formal burial with lots of people/parking/seating etc all cost more. FWIW I'm planning on 5k baht for mine.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Total rip off go and chat to monks or head man

Are you serious, joking or don't really know, I've never heard of such things in Thailand in over twenty years.

Not joking, I have details of two such companies both operate out of Bangkok but obviously the plane covers Thailand, you can even purchase repatriation costs. 

Not joking, I have details of two such companies both operate out of Bangkok but obviously the plane covers Thailand, you can even purchase repatriation costs. 

30 to 40k no chance total rip off. Burn you for 2k pocket the rest. Find a woman give her 10k to burn you she can keep the rest then

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Repatriation I can understand, clearly what you describe is aimed at naive foreigners in Thailand, outrageous pricing.

5 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

You can use mine, I need the fertilizer. :)

More seriously, a local cremation around here costs one or two thousand baht but the cost can increase based on what the family want, extra;s such as flowers, laying in state for a week, a formal burial with lots of people/parking/seating etc all cost more. FWIW I'm planning on 5k baht for mine.

Actually expect most middle class families will be paying about 100k for family member and it can be a lot more (although a good portion of expense may be recovered in attendee envelops).  Expect for basic for GF to do 30k should be available if possible.  This is a very important event (even if we do not see it as such).

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually expect most middle class families will be paying about 100k for family member and it can be a lot more (although a good portion of expense may be recovered in attendee envelops).  Expect for basic for GF to do 30k should be available if possible.  This is a very important event (even if we do not see it as such).

I got my numbers from my wife who has been known on occasion to be very conservative with her money, less so with mine - I suspect she'll be burning me in the back garden from the sound of things, not that I shall care at the time.

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That is the associated cost the burning itself would be no more tham 3 to 5k at the very most. This guy is single here so a basic burning no need for food ect ect