British expat Danny Glass denies fatal reckless driving charge, seeks donations for legal help

webfact

5 hours ago, JamJar said:

Driving under speed limit doesn't mean that he wasn't going too fast. If one is doing 45km/hr and the traffic in front is doing 10 to 20km/hr,  then riding under the speed limit doesn't quite have the same meaning.

The truth is that the vehicle in front didn't stop at all. The traffic ahead had begun to slow down five seconds beforehand.

He was going too fast and noted the slowdown of the traffic too late. Not the fault of the truck driver. He was in a completely different lane.

Are you sure of the speed and time factors you put in your comment?

Were you at the scene or have you seen irrefutable evidence confirming what you state? 

How many times has a momentary lack of attention left you thinking...  wooo  that was lucky. I would imagine that happening more than once, unless of course you are one of TV's elite and faultless contributors.

Maybe he set up crowdfunding in anticipation of what may happen. If he has any notion of what living in Thailand could entail then it would be prudent to do so.

On the other hand, other posters may be right in commentig that this does seem callous and that he is in fact capitilising on the poor ladies demise.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, harleyclarkey said:

I don't get many of you here with your insinuations and innuendos.

Maybe he is not what you might consider conventional.

But please wake up to the fact he is responsible for the death of his partner and mother of their child. He was in control of the bike....possibly rode too close to the car and was not paying 100% attention which you always must do on a bike.

He has to live with this tragedy and the guilt till the day he dies. He will relive the crash, the sound of the bike going down, the lorry, his partners last moments. This won't leave him. 

Be a little more sympathetic and lay off him with all this detective work.

When we make "mistakes" in our lives we generally have to pay in some form or other, sad that he sees the easiest way to pay is to go online and beg! as thats all it is, can he not earn money to pay for his "mistakes"!

4 hours ago, davidcc said:

I personally find this man's behavior most bizarre and personally rather distasteful. I have no idea about the accident, as I was not there and can not comment. It would not be fair or correct. But one can comment on how someone behaves after such a tragic and sad event, especially as he is himself, is making it so public. His girlfriend he loved and their baby died. It is tragically sad. For all concerned and the family of the lady who died. However, someone directed me to his YouTube postings and I appreciate it is the modern world we live in, but is it normal to post fairly long and multiple videos about yourself and talk about how you are doing ?  Other than a few moments of breakdown into teary eyes, mostly it seemed to be about oneself.  In a few I almost felt he was selling me some sort of spiritual philosophy of his, that quite frankly is incredibly shallow to say the very least. Maybe I misinterpreted it and maybe I am wrong...But I can only say how I felt watching it...It was almost like promoting himself off the back of a tragically sad event. An ego massage.  A cry for attention. I am not saying at all, that is the case, but it is what I felt when watching them. Maybe its me and I am too traditional. But for me, doing it diminishes the sorrow and sends out all the wrong vibes. It  seems very strange to me, to do it. But maybe that is me and this is the modern world. But so soon after it happened ? Not saying he was, or did do it for wrong reasons. It could be I just do not understand people who go public about terribly sad events.  But I almost felt he was on a promotional ego trip. As I say not to cast any aspersions, or bad light on people I do not know. But all I can say, it is how I felt watching them. I certainly would not donate one baht, based on what I saw and felt from watching them. Sad.

Completely agree with you after watching youtube video made just hours after his loved one tragically died. In my opinion he was rectless because let his pregrant wife ride motobike. He had to care about her safety. Begging money now is just sad.

"“It was an accident. It was not the driver’s fault that he ran her over, it was an accident on his side and on my side. No one is to blame. It was just one of those freak accidents that happen,” Mr Glass said."

No such thing as an accident!  It was somebody's fault!

Would it really be too hard for Admin to just add new stories to the original thread?

The confusion that arises after ever new release because people jump in and make crazy uninformed comments on this and other similar threads, could be mostly avoided, tho' a few members would still insist the black is white ,even tho' the proof is against them.

I do know why this is done, but apparently, as i read here once, that to suggest its all about baht is not allowed.

Just looked at the original thread and the report says he changed lanes to go arround a car parked at the side of the road. In that thread you said he was 100% at fault.

13 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Just looked at the original thread and the report says he changed lanes to go arround a car parked at the side of the road. In that thread you said he was 100% at fault.

Yes, i said he is 100% at fault for the crash, and he is.

What is it that are you trying to say?

Mr Glass, 29 years old, is poncing about in LOS, with no obvious source of income other than his questionable YouTube channel and an on off relationship with the victim.  He hasn't done a days work in his life and he's asking for money? 

You're really are on your own now and time to grow up and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could spit. 

Yes, i said he is 100% at fault for the crash, and he is.
What is it that are you trying to say?

In post 54 you state he did not change lanes. Your next post goes on about possible confusion. Seems you are the one who is confused as the original report says he did change lanes.

6 hours ago, chuang said:

It seems easy money is aplenty in thailand.....asking money for court cases, money for hospital stays, money for air tickets to go home

and money for etc etc etc......thailand is a haven....:stoner:

You can take the expat out of the nanny state, but you can't take the nanny state (mentality) out of the expat.

4 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

You can take the expat out of the nanny state, but you can't take the nanny state (mentality) out of the expat.

Nail firmly hit on head.

Too many expect in thailand ( and other expat developing world haunts ) that it should be exactly as it was in good old back home.

It isnt and I sincerely hope it doesnt happen.

Oz, the UK, the usa wont and never will allow superannuated teenagers with modest incomes, modest assets and little in the way of health insurance to move there and live.

Sure things could be better in LoS but by and large a good life can be had at a fraction of what it costs in good old back home.

Instead of bad mouthing our hosts we need to start showing them a bit more respect or else before we all know it the only places that will be interested in taking us over the hill wrinklies will be the likes of chechnya and mogadishu

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

He already stated on a Youtube video that he lost control of his scooter as he had to brake too hard to avoid the vehicle in front that stopped suddenly. 

He lost control and bailed. The scooter and passenger fell.... etc..

Yes.  He had to brake too hard to avoid the vehicle in front.  That means he was driving too fast and too close to the vehicle in front of him.  Keep more yards distance and you could stop or steer away safely.  95% of people probably drive too close and it makes so little sense to me.  When driving close you can't see as far ahead, you can't see the upcoming road conditions, you get much more stressed even though you don't realize it.  Drop back and live.  You will get where you are going just as quickly

1 hour ago, alanrchase said:

In post 54 you state he did not change lanes. Your next post goes on about possible confusion. Seems you are the one who is confused as the original report says he did change lanes.

Sorry, but i am not at all confused.

If you read the original report as you say, i suggest you re read it and comprehend the facts.

On the day following the crash the rider stated that he did NOT change lanes, and as is very evident to most, he did NOT .

The initial report got so many things wrong, changing lanes was one, which if you bothered checking on would be quite obvious.

Hence my post about multi threads is proven very valid as you have have just shown.

Suggest you re read the original and grasp the facts before accusing me of being confused.

Would probably save you a lot of embarassment to be sure. :smile:

Only a fool breaks the 2 second rule.

Too many scammers making a living on Youtube begging for donations as a way of funding their lifestyle at the moment in Thailand it seems to me. Hey, if you want to have a channel do it for the love and enjoyment because I for one will not contribute one baht.???

1 minute ago, watso63 said:

Only a fool breaks the 2 second rule.

Too many scammers making a living on Youtube begging for donations as a way of funding their lifestyle at the moment in Thailand it seems to me. Hey, if you want to have a channel do it for the love and enjoyment because I for one will not contribute one baht.???

It's the same for the endless JustGiving campaigns due to lack of travel insurance.  Only a monkey would travel abroad without it, but beg the rest of us to fund their stupidity. 

I've contributed in the past but there's nothing left in the pot to fund such recklessness.

I have previously posted that some years ago UK police stopped referring to accidents, they are all road traffic collisions. Accidents implies that it's no one's fault, when almost every time someone is at fault. The factors are Speed, Inattention, or Recklessness, that is not caring about the consequences. Only in very few incidents are mechanical defects a factor.

Should never travel so close to vehicle in front that you can't stop in an emergency, the solution lay in his throttle and brake control. Lorry driver maybe a bit unlucky, but again maybe travelling too fast to avoid collision or stop in time.

So can we please avoid the term accident, Acts of God have nothing to do with these collisions.

2 minutes ago, Grauwulf said:

i will concur however that Mr Glass is one of those men who is self centred, narcissistic and full of s**t regardless of his nationality.

I think that's what Fulwell53 was getting at in his defense.  Loser with no job, no prospects and expects the rest of us to bail him out.  No hope.

13 minutes ago, GuiseppeD said:

I think that's what Fulwell53 was getting at in his defense.  Loser with no job, no prospects and expects the rest of us to bail him out.  No hope.

Yes Guiseppe, I understand that but it also would seem from his post that he does not have a fondness for British expats and ties them all in as one which simply is not true. Yes he says " Not all" but then contradicts himself by saying that he hasn't met a British expat he would spend one minute talking too. He's either been in the wrong bar in Pattaya too long or has been wronged by said group of expats. Wonder where he is from. Not geelong I'd bet!! Nothing like a bit of Brit bashing eh Fullwell53?

He  was driving. He was in control of his speed. His choise to be going the speed he was going. He was driving to fast and close to the other cars and trucks around him. Why wasn't he thinking about the safty of his girlfriend and the unborn child. When I see big trucks around me I give them alot of room. Slow down and let them pass me. These snowflakes never think it is their fault. Be a man and say it was my fault. Sorry. And deal with what happens next. 

5 hours ago, Fulwell53 said:

Mr Glass typifies the attitudes of many british males these days.

Think they know it all, world owes them a favour etc etc.

Like many brit expats ( NOT ALL)  it appears there are doubts about his overall legitimacy.

Anybody helping him get away with his appalling behaviour needs help.

I Wont generalise as many do on here about thais and say they are all bad but I rarely encounter a brit in a bar that I want to spend more than a minute talking to. Foul mouthed , racist etc etc. As I said not all but too many for my liking.

Might I respectfully suggest you change bars then. I am a Brit ( as you so dismissively refer to our nationality) and I also feel that the LoS is struggling to attract the better class of not just "Brits" but the whole mongrel spread of those who abuse the Queens English in an attempt to look cool or hip or tough, but for Christs sake, open your eyes and look around you. It is not the exclusive domain of us Brits to be obnoxious aggressive and foul mouthed, the whole world seems to be going to hell in a handbag nowadays. Standards that my parents installed in me now can get me accused ( for example) of being mysogynous if I retain them, ignorant if I do not. I don't know you ( and judging from your somewhat narrow minded posting, probably don't want to either but I would suggest avoiding such ridiculous comments about a specific nationality until you are completely sure that those who share yours do not also share the unpleasant characteristics to which you attribute to my kind. 

12 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

According to an earlier article in the Phuket News:

I quit drinking for the entire month of, yes you guessed right, February. Can I put "Detox professional" on my CV, and can I charge international consultancy rates? Thanks, and donations, appreciated!

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I am well aware of the case. Here was my reply on this forum when that verdict was given.

"An ounce of common sense at last. And a face saving verdict in to the bargain.

Charging him, for what was a tragic accident, was not smart, but no good would have come from anything other than allowing him to go home."

What has happened to date in this case is the police have accused him and handed the file to the Prosecutor who has 84 days to decide if to actually formally charge him. Or the lorry driver, or both, or neither.

If he is charged it would be time to get a lawyer, but a normal price for a lawyer for a case like this should be no more than 50,000 Baht, so I am still asking why 300,000 is needed, so early in proceedings?

Loss of earnings comes to mind? 555 Live on in dream world

Boiled Frog , this forum is for discussion , any topics is ok as long as we do not break any forum rules.   So if any tragic accidents happens we are still allowed to discuss it , if it suits you or not. 

12 hours ago, JamJar said:

Driving under speed limit doesn't mean that he wasn't going too fast. If one is doing 45km/hr and the traffic in front is doing 10 to 20km/hr,  then riding under the speed limit doesn't quite have the same meaning.

The truth is that the vehicle in front didn't stop at all. The traffic ahead had begun to slow down five seconds beforehand.

He was going too fast and noted the slowdown of the traffic too late. Not the fault of the truck driver. He was in a completely different lane.

I believe the law says that a driver must AT ALL TIMES keep sufficient distance between himself and the vehicle in front. Meaning, sufficient distance to be able to brake/slow down/come to a stop whatever is necessary. That would make the man guilty.

He is still  posting videos on Youtube and the last one was uploaded 17 hours ago . 

He is actually making money on this , talking about the accident and begging for money , I find it disgusting. He also said he would take a break from his YT channel , but the opposite happened , he is posting 2 videos daily talking about this tragedy .  

Heart breaking news my pregnant girlfriend Sophie died in tragic accident.

The above is a video name with 60k views.

On 6 minutes it is just unbelievable to say that stuff.

What the hell is this boy thinking.

Archived