British expat Danny Glass denies fatal reckless driving charge, seeks donations for legal help

webfact

34 minutes ago, Boiled Frog said:

Hmm.

I assume that it is not ok for Grauwulf to refer to Mr Glass as a "hippy piece of s**t.

I imagine such frank defamation as that is in breach of the rules of this forum. 

Not to mention it also being in breach of the criminal laws of this country.

No doubt the mods will be along shortly to suspend the member Grauwulf and delete his defamatory posts.

It is cowardly and pathetic that the member Grauwulf, and other members posting in this thread, are happy to bad mouth Mr Glass anonymously on this forum, but of course those same members are not man enough to defame him in person so that he can pursue them with legal proceedings for defamation.

Have you seen the comments under his youtube videos? If you want to start somewhere I'd suggest a bigger audience awaits you there. What he said on the 6th minute onwards was totally out of order. Nothing humane about those comments. "Better she died than to suffer serious injury" along those lines. No one says stuff like that, that feels true pain. No one.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

I take it you was there and witnessed the event?

That would be stupid of you to assume such a thing. I scrutinised the CCTV footage. Studied the speeds and positions of the vehicles and the position of the victim.

Even a cursory view of the CCTV shows that there are three cars that slow down in succession. First a small white car arrived at between 20 and 21 seconds, slows down and moves out of shot, followed by a silver pickup which slows down further when they realise that the white car has either slowed down or stopped, followed by a white pick up that slows down because of the two cars that have slowed down in front of it.  The first white car probably isn't going more than  20 miles per hour(32km/hr). Probably less. The two pick-ups following, successively less.

View the CCTV from 23 seconds to 25 seconds frame by frame and you don't even see a motorbike at the point when all three vehicles have already slowed down almost to a stop. Follow the white pick-up frame by frame. There is no motorbike to be seen

Go forward frame by frame and a motorbike appears and then disappears, as it is overtaken by the 18+ wheeler in the next lane. 

Spot the bike:Exhibit_1.jpg

At that point the white pick-up had almost slowed to the stop. So where was Danny?

If the motorbike was not going much faster than the flow of traffic in that lane, it would not have been possible for the bike to have skidded sideways, depositing it's occupants on to the street. 

He had a duty of care. They, according to him, were going to the gym. There was no emergency.

Of course his driving was reckless, as he was not paying attention.

My problem with him is not some much the reckless action, but the complete inability to admit that it was due to his riding without due care and attention.

If he admitted that in the first place, he might have gained some respect for standing up like a man.

Instead, we can all see him for what he actually is...

The problem here is that he refuses to accept any responsibility for his actions. 

I just watched that for first time, a bloke two up on a bike not paying attention dumps said bike right, into live traffic lane and his unfortunate passenger gets killed by a totally innocent truck driver. Bike rider at fault, No One Else! From what I seen was not the two second rule, the red car was not even moving on that clip? so it was stopped, how did he not see it?? death by reckless driving. So what's his concern re the charge? He is hook, line and sinker. Would have thought if you had your six month preggers GF on back you would be extra, extra, careful... This is not like the Jet ski incident that could be argued 50/50 of fault, this is clear cut down to the bike rider.

14 minutes ago, Boiled Frog said:

The problem is that cowardly and pathetic people like you keep posting defamatory and prejudicial statements from the safety of your anonymous identities.

The problem here is that.

1. This lad is in the wrong

2. This lad even confesses to once being a "big time drug dealer" on camera no less. ( yet he needs cash?)

3: he feels death was a better result than a serious injury

The last two points are his blinking words the first one is the view of the police so no need to defame this guy he has done it all himself

First frame, no sign of Danny

Second frame,  lorry and motorbike both emerging.

I can't confirm that motorbike is the one that he is riding. 

But if it is, be aware that the traffic in the lane that the truck was in, was faster than the lane in which Danny rode and that motorbike was going faster than the truck...and then suddenly was not. Next we see a motorbike on the ground. Danny's lane had already been slower for at least five seconds. 

It's true that mistakes can be made. But it's the way that he has behaved and is behaving that sickens. Blaming the fact that there were two on the bike. Blaming the vehicle in front. Claiming to be driving within the speed limit. 

No a single mention of even the possibility that he could have made a mistake.

Exhibit2.jpg

Exhibit3.jpg

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

On that video it's like 32 seconds long the last scooter just whizzed past. Too much speed blatantly is that the one? Farthest lane from cam was that?

No, that is another scooter (white helmet) than moves to the left of the white pick-up, in between that and the parked cars. Danny didn't have that option, so perhaps just hit the brakes.

13 minutes ago, Lokie said:

I just watched that for first time, a bloke two up on a bike not paying attention dumps said bike right, into live traffic lane and his unfortunate passenger gets killed by a totally innocent truck driver. Bike rider at fault, No One Else! From what I seen was not the two second rule, the red car was not even moving on that clip? so it was stopped, how did he not see it?? death by reckless driving. So what's his concern re the charge? He is hook, line and sinker. Would have thought if you had your six month preggers GF on back you would be extra, extra, careful... This is not like the Jet ski incident that could be argued 50/50 of fault, this is clear cut down to the bike rider.

It is the white pick-up on the opposite side of the road that he must be claiming that stopped suddenly. Only it didn't.

It might appear so to speeding vehicles behind.  But for anyone driving sensibly with a pregnant woman onboard, there would have been no issue in reacting to changes in traffic. 

Especially in Thailand, when riding, you need to be aware of everything. Doubly so with precious cargo on board.

17 hours ago, davidcc said:

I personally find this man's behavior most bizarre and personally rather distasteful. I have no idea about the accident, as I was not there and can not comment. It would not be fair or correct. But one can comment on how someone behaves after such a tragic and sad event, especially as he is himself, is making it so public. His girlfriend he loved and their baby died. It is tragically sad. For all concerned and the family of the lady who died. However, someone directed me to his YouTube postings and I appreciate it is the modern world we live in, but is it normal to post fairly long and multiple videos about yourself and talk about how you are doing ?  Other than a few moments of breakdown into teary eyes, mostly it seemed to be about oneself.  In a few I almost felt he was selling me some sort of spiritual philosophy of his, that quite frankly is incredibly shallow to say the very least. Maybe I misinterpreted it and maybe I am wrong...But I can only say how I felt watching it...It was almost like promoting himself off the back of a tragically sad event. An ego massage.  A cry for attention. I am not saying at all, that is the case, but it is what I felt when watching them. Maybe its me and I am too traditional. But for me, doing it diminishes the sorrow and sends out all the wrong vibes. It  seems very strange to me, to do it. But maybe that is me and this is the modern world. But so soon after it happened ? Not saying he was, or did do it for wrong reasons. It could be I just do not understand people who go public about terribly sad events.  But I almost felt he was on a promotional ego trip. As I say not to cast any aspersions, or bad light on people I do not know. But all I can say, it is how I felt watching them. I certainly would not donate one baht, based on what I saw and felt from watching them. Sad.

Your excellent post prompted me to look at this guy's YouTube stuff. I agree with your description of him entirely. Everything I saw and heard on his videos, (which are numerous), led me to exactly the same conclusion. The videos are all similar in that he purports to be a free living spirit, casually and glibly explaining why he didn't live with the woman who just died in the accident he describes. He also talks of how he enjoys multiple relationships, his late girlfriends pregnancy and tries to portray himself as some kind of mystical guru.

I too am British. In my life, I have met a number of guys like him. Glib, basically lazy, full of their own self importance and esteem, often mentioning how wonderful/fantastic/terrific everyone/everything is, but not actually doing anything to back up the verbal drivel. His qualifications seem doubtful - 'mystical', even. I steer well clear of these people.

There are two others like him living here in Thailand that I personally know of. They sound identical to him - even down to the broad London accent. Mr. Glass and they use identical terminology and it always sounds like BS. Mr. Glass mentions the dead woman briefly, then launches entirely into a diatribe of 'me, me, me!'

I too will not be contributing to his very suspect, (in my opinion), lifestyle, quest for funding and events surrounding his accident. Frankly, I think he is full of the proverbial!

I was in pattaya when the tsunami hit and lost everything that I had and no one helped me to get back on my feet. It seems to me like he is trying to take advantage of a very sad situation. I do not know about the accident or what happened but most times speeding is involved. Everyone is in charge of their own destiny and I would certainly have a certain amount of respect for someone who didn't put their hand out and say "give me" even though he says please. STAND ON YOUR OWN TWO FEET.  NOT ONE BAHT FROM THIS LITTLE BLACK DUCK.!!!

I was in pattaya when the tsunami hit and lost everything that I had and no one helped me to get back on my feet. It seems to me like he is trying to take advantage of a very sad situation. I do not know about the accident or what happened but most times speeding is involved.

So you where in Pattaya when the Tsunami hit, and you lost everything?

To me it sees like you are trying to take advantage of a very sad situation just to prove your point.

WB

18 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I get that. However, as my first post mentioned, I work with a very good lawyer in Pattaya. He would take a case like this, including going to trial for  a fraction of what are friend here is being quoted. Paying 500% above the going rate is one thing if you are paying for it yourself, but asking others to is a bit strong. Do a deal with the prosecutor, same result as the Jet Ski case, lawyer fee 20K. Full trial. with probable similar outcome, lawyer fee 50K.

I personally believe that large chunks of funded monies may well be used for "day to day living expenses" in the meantime, not on fees per se.

as i said before the mans a Bxm

1 hour ago, rodney earl said:

I was in pattaya when the tsunami hit and lost everything that I had and no one helped me to get back on my feet. It seems to me like he is trying to take advantage of a very sad situation. I do not know about the accident or what happened but most times speeding is involved. Everyone is in charge of their own destiny and I would certainly have a certain amount of respect for someone who didn't put their hand out and say "give me" even though he says please. STAND ON YOUR OWN TWO FEET.  NOT ONE BAHT FROM THIS LITTLE BLACK DUCK.!!!

The 2004 Tsunami did not hit Pattaya...

1 hour ago, rodney earl said:

haha ... nice one. If you had said Phuket, Phi Phi or Khao Lak then what you say might be believable.

The 2004 tsunami did not hit Pattaya as Pattaya is in the Gulf of Thailand and not the Andaman. This means that the tsunami would have travelled south and would have hit Singapore before reversing up the gulf of Thailand. Get your geography right before you post such crap.

8 minutes ago, claffey said:

The 2004 Tsunami did not hit Pattaya...

I don't recall any people losing money in banks, either.  Everything, to the trashpackers in CM....that would amount to a smart phone, a pair of flip-flops, a man purse, and some Shiite stained circus pants.  But, their online stores are "killing it."

23 hours ago, R123 said:

Did Mr. Glass have an Insurance Policy?

If so then the Insurance company can deal with it.

If no insurance policy, why not?

Of course he did not have an insurance policy. It would be an exception for anyone living here riding a bike to have an insurance policy that covers legal expenses.

53 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Of course he did not have an insurance policy. It would be an exception for anyone living here riding a bike to have an insurance policy that covers legal expenses.

Exactly ... the compulsory bike insurance only covers very limited hospital expenses ... nothing else.

And I doubt he had 'travel' insurance ...

On 31/05/2017 at 11:20 AM, chuang said:

It seems easy money is aplenty in thailand.....asking money for court cases, money for hospital stays, money for air tickets to go home

and money for etc etc etc......thailand is a haven....:stoner:

In case I don't win 30M baht on the lottery today can somebody crowdfund me, pretty please?

12 hours ago, JamJar said:

No, that is another scooter (white helmet) than moves to the left of the white pick-up, in between that and the parked cars. Danny didn't have that option, so perhaps just hit the brakes.

And that (to me) is the point - the video shows pretty much bug..r all!

As for the '2 second gap' and similar comments - have you tried leaving the sensible safety gap?  Its immediately filled by other vehicles....

I'd add, that its easy to just keep your eyes on what is happening in front of you whilst driving a car - far more difficult when driving a scooter when it becomes essential to keep checking on what is happening around you.

Having said this, I don't find him to be a 'likable' character either as he doesn't seem to show any care or concern that he was responsible for the death of his girlfriend.  The vast majority of us (I hope) would be stricken with grief and blaming ourselves - rather than posting (immediate!) videos going on about our innocence and 'I've spoken to her and she doesn't blame me' - or words to that effect :sick:.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

And that (to me) is the point - the video shows pretty much bug..r all!

As for the '2 second gap' and similar comments - have you tried leaving the sensible safety gap?  Its immediately filled by other vehicles....

I'd add, that its easy to just keep your eyes on what is happening in front of you whilst driving a car - far more difficult when driving a scooter when it becomes essential to keep checking on what is happening around you.

Having said this, I don't find him to be a 'likable' character either as he doesn't seem to show any care or concern that he was responsible for the death of his girlfriend.  The vast majority of us (I hope) would be stricken with grief and blaming ourselves - rather than posting (immediate!) videos going on about our innocence and 'I've spoken to her and she doesn't blame me' - or words to that effect :sick:.

The video shows a lot, to those who know for what to look.  

There is a wealth of information in the video that confirms, at the very least, driving without due care and attention.

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean the evidence isn't there. 

I certainly don't agree with your statement that it is difficult to check what is happening in front of you when riding a scooter. that is just crazy. I am super focussed on the road conditions when I'm riding. Especially what is going on in front of me.  If you can't do that, you are going too fast for your riding ability.

That being written, things can happen, objects in the road, people coming out of side roads without looking, dogs, sand....

But none of these things have been claimed by Danny. We are writing simply of vehicles slowing  in his lane and his going too fast to him to be able to respond safely.

Vehicles slowing down is not an abnormal situation when on the roads. 

The point is people make mistakes. but has Mr Glass admitted to making one?

6 minutes ago, JamJar said:

<snip>

The point is people make mistakes. but has Mr Glass admitted to making one?

Yes, in the first video he made he was very heartfelt, and admitted that he caused the accident.

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, in the first video he made he was very heartfelt, and admitted that he caused the accident.

And since then has he said anything different? I think he has and that's the issue.

Archived