Pattaya boomtown - Russian and Chinese "quality tourists" flooding back as resort becomes hub of Sport Tourism, claims TAT

webfact

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Terminal 21 going up, the Central Marina revamp, lots of new hotels being built in south, central, and north Pattaya

You do know that the traffic is already beyond road capacity in all those areas and can't be improved, don't you? It's bad now and it's low season.

When all those places and especially Terminal 21are open, what do you think will happen to the traffic?

Enjoy the walk, as no one is going anywhere fast in a vehicle.

I live on Pattaya Second Road and I actually do walk a lot of places.  When we do need to drive the traffic isn't that bad--we can get from our condo near Hard Rock to south Jomtien in around a half hour.  I can live with that.  Pattaya's compact so even if traffic is slow it's not going to take too long to get anywhere.  If traffic ever gets really bad, yes, those areas you mentioned can be improved--by eliminating the parking.  

52 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

Please, please please stay away from Hua Hin we don't want those type of tourists--stay in Pattaya!

I agree.

After a slow start Hua Hin is developing its own unique culture and has began to cream off the best that Pattaya has to offer. Sweeter bar girls, more middle class Thais, more affluent Brits and Germans and even more dedicated law enforcement officers. Who wants these zero baht Chinese down our side of the bay anyway? Clear off!!

The Pattaya side stinks and has rats the size of cats.

If Hua Hin could get a 20Billion baht gift from the Government it might even take over as the cultural capital of Thailand. It is well on its way already anyway..

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

TAT spin so fast, I am surprised they dont disappear up their own exhaust pipes

In some air forces around the world that have a story about the "oogle floogle" bird, that flys around in ever decreasing circles until it flies up its own a..hole!

My better half and I arrived at Swampy last Monday and I've never seen it so dead in all the years that I've been coming here, even for low season.

So how are all these quality Chinese and Russian tourists arriving here exactly?  Parachuting in?

36 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I agree.

After a slow start Hua Hin is developing its own unique culture and has began to cream off the best that Pattaya has to offer. Sweeter bar girls, more middle class Thais, more affluent Brits and Germans and even more dedicated law enforcement officers. Who wants these zero baht Chinese down our side of the bay anyway? Clear off!!

The Pattaya side stinks and has rats the size of cats.

If Hua Hin could get a 20Billion baht gift from the Government it might even take over as the cultural capital of Thailand. It is well on its way already anyway..

Hua Hin,   is just so boring,  it also attracts the same boring type of people.

one big boring place. :coffee1:

What a load of bs!  Quality? 55555555555!  This must be the "fake news" that Trump guy was talking about. Russian & Chinese quality tourists, I wonder if the TAT guys ever visit Pattaya.  5555555555  is to laugh!!!  rofl

1 minute ago, stanleycoin said:

one big boring place. :coffee1:

Depends what a person is after in Thailand . Do they want cheap sex or culture?

Also the fishing boats in the harbour are beautiful.

Boring!!!!! Go eat your hat!

32 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

one big boring place.

Boring!?

Pattaya eat your heart out.

Hua-hin-01.jpg

7 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I lot of criticism here.

it seems to me that it is just a part of the master plan to make Pattaya a 'family holiday resort'. They have to start somewhere. No good being negative.

They have already started; umbrellas, food stalls, soapy massage and a proposed 20 Billion plan to ease traffic congestion. It might not seem like much is being done but I do think there are good intentions.

Pattaya a future 'family and sport resort' in the making.  F1, table tennis, rock climbing and jet ski racing. 

One day soon Pattaya will be known for its sport rather than the world's sex capital.

Soapy massage is a family thing?

1 hour ago, Reigntax said:

What. No mention of the quality bridge clubs players.

I was told they all moved  to Hua  Hin

and fell asleep soon as they past the Go Kart track,  that was over two years ago.

maybe they are still asleep at there hotels :cheesy:

11 hours ago, Jessi said:

More B/S from the  TAT!!!

Andrew Drummond just did a story about the lies coming out of the TAT.

That story was pretty much a review of a US based TV show, which A.D. did not like.  No statistics or in depth analysis to be found within. I am referencing the May 31, 2017 entry. 

10 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

I was told they all moved  to Hua  Hin

and fell asleep soon as they past the Go Kart track,  that was over two years ago.

maybe they are still asleep at there hotels :thumbsup:

Probably converted to playing Patience. Mind you, with these announcements we all need some.

Pattaya has always been best suited for those wanting to play poker... or poke him.

2 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

So your so excited and full field that you needed to come on the pattaya forum  and slag the place off.

Touch of envy there from Mr Pattaya stanleycoin.

I've just come back from a refreshing stroll along the beach and up the pier. At the end of the pier I looked down and could see starfish in the sand in 3 metres of water. Can't do that in your parts!

Pattaya's claim to fame, apart from the decadence and giant rats, is its half finished apology of a structure called "Balli HI pier". Should be called "Silly Billy pier".

At the moment your side of the bay is more popular because of the girls. Take them away and what have you got!? Giant rats!!  We don't want rats or girls. We don't want to be labeled as Pattaya02 anyway. We want our coast to be a cultural experience. And as we say here; "A Pattaya sh-g is a 5 minutes worth of dubious pleasure, but the beauty and culture in Hua Hin last forever.

Why not get onto a ferry and try a bit of our culture? I can meet up with you and show you some beautiful sights. We can go fishing or pick wild flowers in the forest. I bet you will not want to return!

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Touch of envy there from Mr Pattaya stanleycoin.

I've just come back from a refreshing stroll along the beach and up the the pier. At the end of the pier I looked down and could see starfish in the sand in 3 metres of water. Can't do that in your parts!

Pattaya's claim to fame, apart from the decadence and giant rats, is its half finished apology of a structure called "Balli HI pier". Should be called "Silly Billy pier".

At the moment your side of the bay is more popular because of the girls. Take them away and what have you got!? Giant rats!!  We don't want rats or girls. We don't want to be labeled as Pattaya02 anyway. We want our coast to be a cultural experience. And as we say here; "A Pattaya sh-g is a 5 minutes worth of dubious pleasure, but the beauty and culture in Hua Hin last forever.

Why not get onto a ferry and try a bit of our culture? I can meet up with you and show you some beautiful sights. We can go fishing or pick wild flowers in the forest. I bet you will not want to return!

Ha Ha,

if you say so.

Why are you on the pattaya forum.

is your day that dull. ?

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Suladda

You are right I have been in Jomtien over a year I have never seen quality Chinese tourists excpet for today. I am relaxing at the beach and next to me bunch of them they seem nice.  Go a head crack down on cheap tourists mam.

Archived