Pattaya boomtown - Russian and Chinese "quality tourists" flooding back as resort becomes hub of Sport Tourism, claims TAT

webfact

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, tootall said:

These buses clog the roads, slows down the traffic to a crawl, make U-turns they can not do in more that 4 moves, blocking traffic as they do this hundreds of meters both directions, park illegally making two lane roads one lane. The police do nothing about it, they can not miss it they drive by this every day/night with their heads in the air 

I have ranted about these filthy disgusting buses 4 years now...but as I sat on beach rd a few nights ago,i had an apiphany...its not the buses so much,,, its the 90% of the drivers...I sat and watched,on beach rd and soi1,as traffic slowed down to a crawl for a few minutes and it was somewhat bearable.no screaming buses at 6000 rpm.easy to cross the street, quiet almost ''angelic''.then waited and watched as it the traffic returned to the ''freeway speed '' and the retarded bus driver mentality was back..''left lane, slow traffic and right lane the retarded bus drivers flashin the lights and blowing the horn at traffic reg slower traffic,drive it like you stole it''....it is the uneducated bus driver that is the problem..the buses are just the weapon for their rude ,ignorant behavior...we must be real about this city...they need all the roads available to move the huge volume of traffic.but I wish we had a ''safe space,a green space a beach space quiet calm ''  no buses no cars just bikes and pedestrians  but I don't this city is capable of that commitment..the only way to cure this..is'''park and rides'' ie ''THE TRAM''...THE END

6 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The disconnect between testimony from actual people who are  on the ground and the embellished  exaggerated statements from state agency employees who's job it is to promote a destination is so very obvious.  Sad.

Totally agree !

On 01/06/2017 at 7:46 AM, Thechook said:

So they have cleaned out those cheap Charlie and summing tourists in Pattaya and replaced them with quality.  The bars and girls will be wrapped now they can triple their prices.

Chance will be a fine thing. I've yet to see any Chinese or Russians in any bars

And unless they've now got girls working the the steps of the7/11's.Well i suppose that's possible too

Dosvidania Dimitri

On 01/06/2017 at 7:46 AM, Thechook said:

So they have cleaned out those cheap Charlie and summing tourists in Pattaya and replaced them with quality.  The bars and girls will be wrapped now they can triple their prices.

37 minutes ago, balo said:

When you look at the quality British "tourists"in Pattaya these days no wonder TAT look for quality from Chinese and Russians.......

Got a bit of a grudge to "Bear" Balu? (Sorry - Balo)

On 6/1/2017 at 7:46 AM, Thechook said:

So they have cleaned out those cheap Charlie and summing tourists in Pattaya

Nothing suggests "they" have "cleaned out" anybody but zero-dollar tourists. Is there a shortage? If there is, what's the loss?

and replaced them with quality.

There's no suggestion of "replacement" except w/ regard to the zero-dollar tourists.

The bars and girls will be wrapped now they can triple their prices.

No. Pattaya's economy depends on more than the bars now.

9 hours ago, balo said:

When you look at the quality British "tourists"in Pattaya these days no wonder TAT look for quality from Chinese and Russians.......

Did you mean British residents?

If you did then I agree, they cannot go home as to many bits of paper floating about,

As for quality, that is another word that does not translate very well in some places.

4 hours ago, Redline said:

Looks like they just laid the stone on some dirt :whistling:

4 hours ago, Redline said:

Looks like they just laid the stone on some dirt :whistling:

Welcome to the Land of Smiles - ouch - got Insurance Sir?

On 6/1/2017 at 7:05 AM, grumbleweed said:

Say what you like about them, but they can certainly push the envelope when it comes to imagination

or tea money ..........

• 1 month later...
On 01/06/2017 at 10:16 AM, franklnooner said:

Quality Russian and Chinese 

Hahahahahahahahahahaha@

Yeah they go 7/11 or family mart quality tourist.  Ask a thai what they think of such quality tourists. 

On 6/1/2017 at 7:33 AM, yankee99 said:

"She said that 10,000 are expected in town for the marathon on July 16th and 300-400 of those would be those quality Chinese she spoke of."

.4% are quality and 99.6% are zero dollar.

That would be 4% not o.4% but otherwise I agree with you.  I was in Pattaya last month and in and around must have been thousands (no exaggeration of Chinese tour buses).   What sports were any of them involved in.  I was there for scuba diving, archery and martial arts.  I came across lots of nationalities but not a single Chinese involved in any of those.

2 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

That would be 4% not o.4% but otherwise I agree with you.  I was in Pattaya last month and in and around must have been thousands (no exaggeration of Chinese tour buses).   What sports were any of them involved in.  I was there for scuba diving, archery and martial arts.  I came across lots of nationalities but not a single Chinese involved in any of those.

I think Rugby is their forte as they seem to win the scrums at the breakfast buffets in most places

Yesterday at "Wat Yarn" and "Silverlake Winery"

there where a lot of Chinese.

They are even widening the roads leading to these attractions presumably to accommodate more tour busses...next I think they will start charging an entrance fee...probably dual price.1499650740911.jpg.1b4a11480471fd717f2705e1dddc49e0.jpg1499650828995.jpg.6a83e479f91b0bdec8e5cd6d2ffc4c73.jpg

21 minutes ago, johng said:

Yesterday at "Wat Yarn" and "Silverlake Winery"

there where a lot of Chinese.

They are even widening the roads leading to these attractions presumably to accommodate more tour busses...next I think they will start charging an entrance fee...probably dual price.1499650740911.jpg.1b4a11480471fd717f2705e1dddc49e0.jpg1499650828995.jpg.6a83e479f91b0bdec8e5cd6d2ffc4c73.jpg

Yep chinese are walking ATMs for them 

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, GuiseppeD said:

My better half and I arrived at Swampy last Monday and I've never seen it so dead in all the years that I've been coming here, even for low season.

So how are all these quality Chinese and Russian tourists arriving here exactly?  Parachuting in?

Probably flying into U Tapao on charter flights.

Archived