Pattaya boomtown - Russian and Chinese "quality tourists" flooding back as resort becomes hub of Sport Tourism, claims TAT

webfact

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Miss Pickle said:

We all know what the top sport is in Pattaya

Yes we do Miss Pickle. We don't want THAT sport on our side of the bay.

2 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

I was told they all moved  to Hua  Hin

and fell asleep soon as they past the Go Kart track,  that was over two years ago.

maybe they are still asleep at there hotels :cheesy:

We are not sleep we are teaching the locals chess.

3 hours ago, Reigntax said:

What. No mention of the quality bridge clubs players.

Yes we have perhaps the best players in Thailand.

I feel that I'm not appreciated on this forum. Never mind; I'm not too upset. I'll go back soon.

Bye the way; note the lack of umbrellas. The beautifully clean and rubbish free railway line. And another lovely pic of the fishing boats.

HH-02.jpg

HH03.jpg

HH04.jpg

Yes we have perhaps the best players in Thailand.

I feel that I'm not appreciated on this forum. Never mind; I'm not too upset. I'll go back soon.

Please hurry.

Your delusional about Hua  Hin.

I lasted one  month there 6 years ago.

its no more that a one horse town ,    full of boring people. :jap:

5 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Please hurry.

Your delusional about Hua  Hin.

I lasted one  month there 6 years ago.

its no more that a one horse town ,    full of boring people. :jap:

OK, ok Mr Stanleycoin I hear you.

But did they have the chess and draughts club back then?! I thought not!!

3 minutes ago, GuiseppeD said:

I like the photo of the palm trees gently blowing in the wind.  Is that Pattaya?

Guiseppe; Of course it's not Pattaya. Dear;dear; dear!!!

You can see the sea how can it be Pattaya? It's Cha-am.

Twin to Hua Hin. Just like Jontiem and Pattaya.

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Guiseppe; Of course it's not Pattaya. Dear;dear; dear!!!

You can see the sea how can it be Pattaya? It's Cha-am.

Twin to Hua Hin. Just like Jontiem and Pattaya.

Thanks for the clarity, owl.  But there does seem to be a nudist on the far left hand side of the picture and not sure if he's stalking someone.  Maybe call the police, just in case.  

8 minutes ago, GuiseppeD said:

But there does seem to be a nudist on the far left hand side of the picture and not sure if he's stalking someone.

No nudes on this beach Guiseppe.

Just a young guy enjoying the sea air.

HH-stalker.jpg

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

No nudes on this beach Guiseppe.

Just a guy enjoying the sea air.

HH-stalker.jpg

Blimey, that's my mate, Anatoly, from Chelyabinsk.  The Russians are moving to Hua Hin.  

I like your high-powered binoculars, by the way.

The place is too hot for serious sports for a start. Marathons have to take place in the middle of the night, or half the competitors would die of heat exhaustion. Much better just to lie in a darkened air-con room, and get a local 'athlete' in to perform the old ' jiggy jiggy' 

26 minutes ago, GuiseppeD said:

Blimey, that's my mate, Anatoly, from Chelyabinsk

Hi Guiseppie. If that is your friend Anatoly (and you are not just pulling my leg) and he is interested in chess we meet every Friday, Saturday and Sunday over the chippy on the main drag starting at 7pm and finish at 11pm. Plenty of tea or coffee; free.

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Hi Guiseppie. If that is your friend Anatoly (and you are not just pulling my leg) and he is interested in chess we meet every Friday, Saturday and Sunday over the chippy on the main drag starting at 7pm and finish at 11pm. Plenty of tea or coffee; free.

Thanks for the offer, owl, but Anatoly is looking for something a little more risqué which is why he moved to Hua Hin.

15 hours ago, Thechook said:

Yes all the major world sports are clambering to have their premium events moved to Pattaya.

Yes the World Bridge Championships are even now preparing their defence!

Glad that Thailand can get their neighbours in during the rainy season, as this will help with the tourist dollars.

Too bad that Thailand cannot see its way to modernize the visa requirements like Mexico and other countries

have that allow 90 day visitors and travellers without the need for a visa.

Geezer

Does she know the meaning of 'Quality'?  you would think a person in such a position does know the meaning but i would like her to give us her explanation of the word in describing the so called hoards of 'quality Russians and Chinese Tourists' arriving back to LOS.

Pattaya boomtown - Russian and Chinese "quality tourists" flooding back as resort becomes hub of Sport Tourism, claims TAT

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1Ba2QjM6oDI7yWzGcYBleAg0ux7Lh.jpg.54ab3bd9dce15790337ec9afcf6b67c5.jpg
Picture: Thai Rath

PATTAYA: -- An upbeat Thai Rath reported from Koh Larn yesterday quoting a Pattaya Tourism Authority representative that Russians and Chinese tourists were visiting in droves.

And the huge numbers were arriving despite it being the low season and raining every day.

Suladda Sarutilawan of Pattaya TAT said that the government's crackdown on "zero dollar" tours was seeing a marked rise in "quality tourists" from China.

She said they were spending lots and boosting the local economy at a time when visitors are usually harder to find.

Suladda said that Russian visitors were now coming like they used to years ago.

She further credited the rebranding of Pattaya as a hub for Sports Tourism saying events like the triathlon last weekend and the marathon set to take place in July are attracting thousands who might not normally come to the resort.

She said that 10,000 are expected in town for the marathon on July 16th and 300-400 of those would be those quality Chinese she spoke of.

Source: Thai Rath
  tvn_logo.jpg -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-01

Sports hud, sex sports...[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-T819 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, retirementenquiry said:

TAT's path to quality plenty more where this came from this the still zero dollar pathway from the big bus to the hill

path2quality.jpg

Let's hope the marathon runners are allowed to run in the road!

On 5/31/2017 at 8:45 PM, Toshiba66 said:

There must be more than one Pattaya in Thailand because the one I was in over the last 2 weeks is as dead as I've seen it.

No Russians in droves.

No Chinese in droves.

Nothing in droves except droves of empty Hotel Rooms.

I believe, thanks to"real" social media, the truth about Pattaya, Puhket, etc. are becoming more informational than the "pie-in-the-sky travelblogs and that " quality" tourists now realize the reality is that these destinations are NOT quality, in the normal sense of the word.  

On 6/1/2017 at 7:17 AM, mark01 said:

One thing for sure, those Chinese tour busses are causing huge traffic problems on the major roads and along many smaller sois around Pattaya.

Did the Chinese tour company that got their busses confiscated a while ago, get their busses back?

I suspect a large amount of money passed hands and the busses were quietly driven out of the compound!

Either way, more road trouble ahead!

These buses clog the roads, slows down the traffic to a crawl, make U-turns they can not do in more that 4 moves, blocking traffic as they do this hundreds of meters both directions, park illegally making two lane roads one lane. The police do nothing about it, they can not miss it they drive by this every day/night with their heads in the air 

Archived