Thirteen year olds arrested for stealing coins from public washing machines in Pattaya.

snoop1130

Thirteen year olds arrested for stealing coins from public washing machines in Pattaya.

03-thai-696x365.jpg

A volunteer policeman called for backup after stumbling across a crime in the Soi Nern Plab Wan area of Nong Preu.

He had seen three boys with a large bag of coins wandering suspiciously in the street so he approached them. One fled the scene but he managed to make an arrest of the two others, named as M and V, aged 13.

They admitted they had been stealing by forcing open the machines.

Regular cops were soon on the scene of the heist. Four washing machines near a convenience store had been emptied.

Collection trays had been dumped by some trees.

Ten baht that was found in a clear plastic bag was taken into evidence, reported Amarin TV.

The parents of the boys were called in to the police station as the cops decided how to proceed in the matter.

The boys said they stole the money to go on trips and buy food.

Source: http://www.amarintv.com/news-update/news-853/46127/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-6-1

30 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

What on earth would they do on Sukhumvit Road?

Not getting much further than sukhumvit from nernplabwan with 10 baht.

you do realize that sukhumvit road is in pattaya as well and not only in Bangkok

all the madness happening in this country and the world and a couple of kids nicking some coins out of a washing machine makes news. sometimes I wonder if i'm reading the sunday sport and it's all just a big prank. and yeah soilspoil, we used to do it when we were kids, for sweets. sooo bad!

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I never used to break into machines but as a kid in London in the 50's we used a lolly stick to unblock jammed public phone boxes and postage stamp machines, quite a lucrative sideline for a 7 year old :whistling: 

Same design was used in many countries and the same lolly/ice cream stick "crime". I'd entirely forgotten that until just now. 

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I never used to break into machines but as a kid in London in the 50's we used a lolly stick to unblock jammed public phone boxes and postage stamp machines, quite a lucrative sideline for a 7 year old :whistling: 

I've got vague memories of when public phones had an A and a B button in England. If your call went through you pushed A,,,if not you pushed B and got you cash back.

We stuffed paper up the coin return....go back a few days later...result...a few pennies usually.

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

We used to do the offering boxes at churches. Just take a paper clip and some scotch tape. Take an incense stick provided by the church tape your paper clip hook to it and start fishing. Give a man a fish he can eat for a day  but give him a fishing pole and he can afford candy and soda. 

23 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

We used to do the offering boxes at churches. Just take a paper clip and some scotch tape. Take an incense stick provided by the church tape your paper clip hook to it and start fishing. Give a man a fish he can eat for a day  but give him a fishing pole and he can afford candy and soda. 

Quite wicked. Your crime probably caused those priests to have to drink home brand booze rather than top shelf.

39 minutes ago, Keesters said:

Surprised at how many members admitting to being petty thieves in their youth. So it is true then that Pattaya is full of foreign criminals.

Time magazine article about teenagers

theft is relatively common, with about 16% of the participants reporting having stolen something in the past year.

For the majority of offenders, property crime may simply be an exploratory phase

the thieves generally didn't need the money

Children who steal

Although they have learned that theft is wrong, older children or teenagers steal for many reasons. A youngster may steal to make things equal if a brother or sister seems to be favored with affection or gifts. Sometimes, a child may steal as a show of bravery to friends, or to give presents to family or friends or to be more accepted by peers. Children may also steal because they might not want to depend on anyone, so they take what they feel they need.

On 6/1/2017 at 4:25 PM, tomyummer said:

Kids in training to get into politics.

Obviously a hardened gang of thieves, this lot. Which one is the Artful Dodger? i'd like to know.Criminals, born to hang, as my old grandma would say.

I tell you what, if they are clever enough to get the coins out, i say good luck. They haven't killed anybody, or beaten anybody up. And a cozzer had to call for back up for 3 13 year olds.maybe his face would have been saved, if he had just shot them.

The James Younger gang, you aint, but get as much as you can before getting lifted.When the copper takes your statements, tell them,"Its a fair cop, society is to blame" tell them you come from a broken home, but dont tell them, that you broke it.

Good luck boys.( but give the money to your mums)

Archived