Jump to content
BANGKOK 24 January 2019 02:40
Rimmer

Pattaya-Maptaphut highway extension on track for 2019 opening

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, gaff said:

Thank you, but I cannot see exactly where it connects with Huay yai.

The reason is that I want to explore the area on google street view before visiting it for real and look for a land.

Thanks again.

Drive up Huay Yai road and you will see exactly where it connects.

 

Eventually Huay Yai road will be an overpass over the new motorway... currently under construction.

 

Modifications are too recent for Google street view.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gaff said:

Thank you, but I cannot see exactly where it connects with Huay yai.

The reason is that I want to explore the area on google street view before visiting it for real and look for a land.

Thanks again.

If you know where the Thai Army Ack-Ack Regiment Barracks are it joins the road about half a kilometre up from there going BanChang direction. I'm not sure what the final layout will be but it appears the main artery will go underneath that road to link up with the dual carraigeway that runs parallel to and south of BC main road and heading to Huay Yai and ends up in the vicinity of the Rayong/Maptaphut Immigration office and Police office.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If you know where the Thai Army Ack-Ack Regiment Barracks are it joins the road about half a kilometre up from there going BanChang direction. I'm not sure what the final layout will be but it appears the main artery will go underneath that road to link up with the dual carraigeway that runs parallel to and south of BC main road and heading to Huay Yai and ends up in the vicinity of the Rayong/Maptaphut Immigration office and Police office.

Maybe I have the wrong name for the Police office, not sure, but anyway it ends near the Imm' office.

Runs just north of the place we have down there.

Edited by overherebc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, gaff said:

Thank you, but I cannot see exactly where it connects with Huay yai.

The reason is that I want to explore the area on google street view before visiting it for real and look for a land.

Thanks again.

It does not "connect" with Huay Yai as such, it passes through Huay Yai with one spur road which comes out near Ambassador hotel on Sukhumvit, and one short link road to the 331 which is put in to service the tourist attractions such as Silverlake and Khao Chee Chan to the North of the link  as well as Utapao airport to the South.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LennyW said:

It does not "connect" with Huay Yai as such, it passes through Huay Yai with one spur road which comes out near Ambassador hotel on Sukhumvit, and one short link road to the 331 which is put in to service the tourist attractions such as Silverlake and Khao Chee Chan to the North of the link  as well as Utapao airport to the South.

The new main highway crosses over the 331 a short distance north of the Silverlake/Bhudda Mtn road, the flyover work is almost complete, and heads cross country to the top end of Ban Chang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, overherebc said:

The new main highway crosses over the 331 a short distance north of the Silverlake/Bhudda Mtn road, the flyover work is almost complete, and heads cross country to the top end of Ban Chang.

Yes, and just south of that flyover is the short link road to the 331.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Yes, and just south of that flyover is the short link road to the 331.

Yep, and just been informed by someone the police station in Maptaphut is Huay Pong or similar name to that.

Not Huay Yai which I now realise  is on the 331. 

Sorry for the bum steer. ?

Edited by overherebc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Yep, and just been informed by someone the police station in Maptaphut is Huay Pong or similar name to that.

Not Huay Yai which I now realise  is on the 331. 

Sorry for the bum steer. ?

My head is still spinning. Thank you very much :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late February I sneaked on the new road and drove on the section as shown on this map, saw that the lights, guard rails and sods are all in place.

hy2.PNG

20180225_083155.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

My head is still spinning. Thank you very much :)

?

I think the main thing is unless they greatly improve the road through BanChang it really means it's all going to bottle neck at the end in Maptaphut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bottle neck will be at Najomtein junction near the Embassy Hotel.

The south end junction at Maptaphut  is very nicely designed with non-stop traveling. No traffic lights.

road78.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

The bottle neck will be at Najomtein junction near the Embassy Hotel.

The south end junction at Maptaphut  is very nicely designed with non-stop traveling. No traffic lights.

road78.JPG

This is not at Mapthaput, this is at Ban Chang which connects to Sukhumvit. The next phase is to link from here to Burapaphat road, (the Ban Chang bypass road), but that is not included in the current construction. It's going to be hectic on Sukhumvit in BC until they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

The bottle neck will be at Najomtein junction near the Embassy Hotel.

The south end junction at Maptaphut  is very nicely designed with non-stop traveling. No traffic lights.

 

50 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

The bottle neck will be at Najomtein junction near the Embassy Hotel.

The south end junction at Maptaphut  is very nicely designed with non-stop traveling. No traffic lights.

road78.JPG

 

At sukhumvit road near to ban chang ( end of the 7 road) there will be 4 levels of traffic, as shown in the photo/mock up the new road goes under sukhumvit levels 1 & 2, level 3 if for traffic from rayong/ban chang to join 7 road,  level 4 will be from 7 road (at a spur not shown, but i have added badly) to link to the ban chang/mataphut bypass road which is behind the toyota garage on the sukhumvit.

suk 7 road2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 8:29 AM, overherebc said:

Where the project is marked to end seems to feed onto the dual carraigeway in BanChang. That feeds M-way traffic into sets of traffic lights that will bring heavy traffic to a halt and further on the road just starts to fall apart. I'm not sure that area of road can handle motorway traffic.

The Future Mapthaphut Bypass Project is complete already so you can go around Ban Chang if heading to Rayong.

 

It will be especially useful to take the trucks off the local roads to and from the industrial areas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The Future Mapthaphut Bypass Project is complete already so you can go around Ban Chang if heading to Rayong.

 

It will be especially useful to take the trucks off the local roads to and from the industrial areas. 

No it is not, it is only from Sukhumvit at Baddog nightclub you access the bypass road at that end of Ban Chang, the new short section from the 7 to the bypass road has not been done yet.

 

Traffic coming into Ban Chang will be on Sukhumvit to do U Turn opposite PTT then back up to Baddog nightclub where they turn left on to the bypass road. This will be chaos until the 7 is connected directly as per Steve187's sketch above.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×