Pattaya-Maptaphut highway extension on track for 2019 opening

Rimmer

• 8 months later...
On 5/2/2018 at 4:05 PM, Thailand J said:

I see your point the new road 7( yellow in the map below)  is not tied to the bypass( red).

The new road 7 does not stop at Suk but extends beyond until Thetsaban 34. May be they will widen Thetsaban 34?

r7b.PNG

There are on and off exits to Suk both east and west,,,,,,,,,,,this modified map does not show this

with he way the whole 7 toll works, it has to either be open all at once or not at all since the booths at all exit has to be manned otherwise traffic from all the way in Bangkok has nowhere to pay at the exit. The new sections will be free to use for a while of course, but they have to give out cards and has payment accepted at exit booths.

Unofficially, if you can squeeze through the barriers like motorcycles, the road is complete and there'll be no one to stop you

14 minutes ago, soisiphok said:

Is Thailand the only country that doesn't allow big bikes (500cc plus) on tollways & if so why?

No, Pakistan, China, Indonesia, South Korea, Venezuela and Vietnam.

Heaven knows why, I think as in the past they were never more than 125 cc, and the law hasn't caught up.

On 6/3/2017 at 8:48 AM, Beats56 said:

I just want to be able to take a train from Rayong to Bangkok instead of a bus or minivan. But the highway from Maptaput to Pats will.be good.

I want to take an ordinary big bus from Rayong to Bangkok ???

Archived