Big Brother is Watching You

al007

Thousands of British expats could face tax penalties for undeclared cash: report

http://www.internationalinvestment.net/products/thousands-british-expats-face-tax-penalties-undeclared-cash-report/

Big brother is watching and closing in, it will only be a matter of time before visa information is shared between Thailand and the UK, ( and we do not know it is not being done at present)and then many claiming benefits , including inflation linked pensions identified and prosecuted

If I were a UK pensions auditor, I would contact Thai immigration with a request to access their immigration system, and low and behold I would immediately expose a lot of fraud, and recover big sums for the UK revenue

As regards undeclared cash, I believe as Thai Tax residents we do not have to pay tax on overseas earnings so long as the interest is not remitted to Thailand in the year in which it is  earnt, ANY CLARIFICATION from those better informed than me appreciated. This benefit is also applicable to Thai Citizens

Thailand is a very tax friendly country to live in

In the meantime, if you are one of those who has "forgotten to tell HMRC, and UK pensions where you live, " I would strongly recommend you do so soon, the benefit could be, no questions and no big penalties and repayment of what has been claimed incorrectly

A simple letter like I wish to inform you I will be living in Thailand from say August 2017 should be sufficient

22 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Oh my God if i have to pay three times the interest i earned last year i could be hit with a bill for 9500 bhat , where the pen and paper?

So you plead guilty

First rule is keep your mouth shut

Second deneigh

Third Run like hell and live another day

But on a serious note at least be aware you are breaking the law !

3 minutes ago, al007 said:

So you plead guilty

First rule is keep your mouth shut

Second deneigh

Third Run like hell and live another day

But on a serious note at least be aware you are breaking the law !

Me break the law , i never broke the law , the judge said so when i was found not guilty .:smile:

Edited by bert bloggs

Discussed a no. of times already. Here is one -

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/983797-thailand-to-implement-crs-exchange-of-information/#comment-11900307

Thailand is not yet part of this and even when/if

4 hours ago, al007 said:

If I were a UK pensions auditor, I would contact Thai immigration with a request to access their immigration system, and low and behold I would immediately expose a lot of fraud, and recover big sums for the UK revenue

you think Thai Immigration would comply (as that is nothing to do with CRS)............So I call alarmist on that part of your post although I do not necessarily disagree with your general intent.

Who cares really. OP do you get a commission of UK tax man? Or a percentage as an over the top alarmist. Peoples affairs are there own and dont need alarmist to try unsuccessfully to worry them. 

Edited by jeab1980

Soon all our rights as private living individuals will be completely eroded.

Employments past and present, company owner and directorships, school records, residencies and addresses past and present, phone numbers, where we bank, pensions information, where we shop and what we buy, who are our families, births, marriages, divorces and deaths, criminal records, what properties we own past and present, our incomes, profits on property and land ownerships, what debts we owe, our credit ratings, medical records and tax records; all will eventually be stored in government and company databases assessable to all and sundry worldwide for a fee. I believe that most of this is accessible now online. There is probably more information stored about us then we even know about ourselves.

Welcome to the 21st century of technological Big Brother.

Edited by cyberfarang

42 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Soon all our rights as private living individuals will be completely eroded.

Employments past and present, company owner and directorships, school records, residencies and addresses past and present, phone numbers, where we bank, pensions information, where we shop and what we buy, who are our families, births, marriages, divorces and deaths, criminal records, what properties we own past and present, our incomes, profits on property and land ownerships, what debts we owe, our credit ratings, medical records and tax records; all will eventually be stored in government and company databases assessable to all and sundry worldwide for a fee. I believe that most of this is accessible now online. There is probably more information stored about us then we even know about ourselves.

Welcome to the 21st century of technological Big Brother.

So whats new? Im sure certain go governments already ready know all of this. But do i care!!! not one jot. Is it going to affect my life today/tomorrow/this year/next year/in 20 years i think not so I wont be worrying about it.

23 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

So whats new? Im sure certain go governments already ready know all of this. But do i care!!! not one jot. Is it going to affect my life today/tomorrow/this year/next year/in 20 years i think not so I wont be worrying about it.

You probably don`t care, but there are many that do. People with criminal records or up to no good, tax evaders and those who have undeclared assets.

Although I have always been a good law abiding person wherever I`ve been and lived and have nothing to hide in that respect, I still don`t like the idea that my personal details, whole life history, what I do, what I`ve done and with whom is out there somewhere in the public domain. For example: would you send me, a complete stranger, details of how much you`re worth, what you own, what you do for a living with names of companies or how many times you have been divorced, names of your children if you have any, because in-fact, if you were really a person of interest to me, that`s exactly the data I could obtain about you if I was determined.

If this still really doesn`t bother you, then PM me all the details about you I have mentioned above?

5 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

You probably don`t care, but there are many that do. People with criminal records or up to no good, tax evaders and those who have undeclared assets.

Although I have always been a good law abiding person wherever I`ve been and lived and have nothing to hide in that respect, I still don`t like the idea that my personal details, whole life history, what I do, what I`ve done and with whom is out there somewhere in the public domain. For example: would you send me, a complete stranger, details of how much you`re worth, what you own, what you do for a living with names of companies or how many times you have been divorced, names of your children if you have any, because in-fact, if you were really a person of interest to me, that`s exactly the data I could obtain about you if I was determined.

If this still really doesn`t bother you, then PM me all the details about you I have mentioned above?

This was about goverment knowing these things which i fully belive they already do 

It bothers me not. They already have with my consent some 45 years of details about me. I reitarate i really dont care. Nothing to worry about. Unless as you say you have something to hide. The diffrence between goverments having my details and you is obvious.

Edited by jeab1980

Have you ever Googled your name?  Was there a lot available?   I had one or two things in my results long time ago but they seem to have fallen off.  Now I only get the "find a person" results with past addresses up until 20 years ago but nothing recent as I've been gone from the US for so long.

Big brother has been watching us all since records were started. Electronics only made it easier.

Most people encourage it by buying the new phones that are probably connected to the spy organisations. Even this is being recorded by them.

I get ads on my computer that are personalised to me, whatever country I'm in.