Where to get good quality weatherproof boxes?

bino

I'm looking to buy some outdoor weatherproof junction boxes, like this:

electric_box.jpg

I've looked in HomePro, Boonthavorn, and all of the other usual places. They either don't have anything like it, or the ones they do have are flimsy crap. I want like this with O-ring gasket.

I see these in use everywhere, but where to get them in BKK?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

I'm not trying to be funny here, but they do come in a yellow colour as well. Maybe you were just looking for white ones?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Not sure where the yellow and white came from but I would refrain from using any of the yellow stuff.

I used some of the yellow flexible conduit in the house and it soon became brittle and crumble to the touch.  My neighbor used the yellow flexible conduit for some outside lights and that started to disintegrate within a few weeks.

Don't know if the yellow pipe and junction boxes are made of the same stuff but I would be reluctant to use anything but the good quality grey ones out side.

:smile:

In Bangkok I have bought high quality electrical items from Bukseng  and from Faifathai.  They both have web sites. They both distribute quality IP65 boxes including KJL brand boxes. The KJL box in the photo is a larger version, but between the two distributors in Bangkok the OP will find high quality electrical boxes in all sizes at fair prices. I've ordered special KJL boxes from a Buriram home builders merchant, but the OP can go direct in Bangkok. 

http://www.faifathai.com     or    https://www.bukseng.com/

Buriram IP 65 Weatherproof electric junction box.jpg

I recently bought an electrical junction box similar to that shown in a small electrical supply shop on Soi Ekamai, near where I live.

White colour, with gasket, and with partial circular cut-outs for cable entries. Size guesstimated at about 6" x 4".

Used it to wire up my cooker hob.

So I would have thought quite easily available in BKK.

Not sure that it is quite as industrial as you require, because I'm not using it outside.

Global House have a selection of makes and colours and price is usually a fairly good guide. Do not get hung up on the gasket, I have used both and on some with the gasket the gasket has gone brittle and broken up. Its the quality of the plastic that is important and I would say that the tongue and groove variety was the better bet.

PVC boxes are cheap.  NEMA 3r is the rain-rewsistant rating valid in the US etc.

Type 4 is weather-tight.

In my experience, NEMA 3R is just fine in the beating rain.

A Bell Box is another option.

Kudos to everyone who replied with useful info and locations to get the boxes. Top honors go to Taiping, who gave me enough info in a private message to find the shop he mentioned, which is on the corner of Ekkamai 16. Great place- exactly what I was looking for. A family operation in a shophouse, with an incredible inventory of electrical stuff.

They had exactly what I was after - the white TTM brand boxes with the rubber o-rings, and had them in many shapes and sizes.

I know there are probably tons of places like this all over the city, but none in any of my usual routes. It was great to find a place like this that is reasonably close to home without having to schlep all the way to Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Rangsit, etc. which I was prepared to do if this place didn't pan out.

I saw lots on the internet as many suggested, but all on Lazada were "Ships From Abroad", which meant a wait of about 3 weeks, same as if order from eBay or Alibaba. I didn't want to wait that long to get them. And, as it turns out, I probably got them a lot cheaper buying them here. 80 baht each... almost felt like I was stealing them!

The reasoning behind the white box was purely aesthetic for me. I'm using these for outdoor security cameras, most of which will be up under the soffits of the house. I would have taken grey if they were the first and best that I could find.

Definitely not yellow- too ugly and obtrusive, especially for security cameras that I don't really want to make obvious / call attention to. Also- I believe that the yellow stuff is poorer quality as other people have mentioned.

Happy day- I'm off to go and play with my new toys!

Archived