free shuttle to Central malls.

thaibeachlovers

Central Airport and Festival have free shuttles that run throughout the day.

Good service that is sadly underutilized probably because the hotels don't seem to advertise it, though timetables are available from some.

If needing transport to get there, think about using them as they might cease if not enough customers. I was told that the one to Promenada is no more, probably for that reason. Pity, as people going to the immigration office used it.

Central Airport and Festival have free shuttles that run throughout the day.
Good service that is sadly underutilized probably because the hotels don't seem to advertise it, though timetables are available from some.

If needing transport to get there, think about using them as they might cease if not enough customers. I was told that the one to Promenada is no more, probably for that reason. Pity, as people going to the immigration office used it.

Do you have any links or flyers etc so we can find out when & where they go.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

Do you have any links or flyers etc so we can find out when & where they go.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293917-i9325-k3354696-Free_Shuttle_Service_Central_Airport_Plaza_to_Hotels-Chiang_Mai.html

If you go to Central Airport Plaza, or Central Festival you can get a printed timetable. There are different routes than that one too if you are not on that route. All those hotels have copies of the timetable.

Plenty of info if you google Central Airport Plaza Chiang Mai free shuttle. I'm tired so you'll have to look for yourself, as I'm going to bed.

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293917-i9325-k3354696-Free_Shuttle_Service_Central_Airport_Plaza_to_Hotels-Chiang_Mai.html

If you go to Central Airport Plaza, or Central Festival you can get a printed timetable. There are different routes than that one too if you are not on that route. All those hotels have copies of the timetable.

Plenty of info if you google Central Airport Plaza Chiang Mai free shuttle. I'm tired so you'll have to look for yourself, as I'm going to bed.

Your link is to a schedule from 2010.  Googling the subject does not provide a current schedule, however it does provide a link to TV posts that indicate the free shuttle is for hotel guests only.  Going to random hotels and asking staff about a shuttle schedule doesn't appeal to many people.  Neither does wondering around Airport Plaza or Central Festival and hoping to find a shuttle timetable.

If they want people to use their service, they should make it easier for people to find their service.

On ‎05‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 0:36 PM, heybruce said:

Your link is to a schedule from 2010.  Googling the subject does not provide a current schedule, however it does provide a link to TV posts that indicate the free shuttle is for hotel guests only.  Going to random hotels and asking staff about a shuttle schedule doesn't appeal to many people.  Neither does wondering around Airport Plaza or Central Festival and hoping to find a shuttle timetable.

If they want people to use their service, they should make it easier for people to find their service.

Oh dear, oh dear.

The shuttle is NOT for hotel guests only. I've never been asked for proof.

What are you going on about random hotels for? The hotels on the link I gave all have timetables.

If one is not staying near those hotels the timetable is at the information booth in the mall, found by following the big sign saying "free shuttle".

For those that do want to use the service when leaving the mall, don't let the taxi drivers fool you into thinking it only goes to the airport. They want your money.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh dear, oh dear.

The shuttle is NOT for hotel guests only. I've never been asked for proof.

What are you going on about random hotels for? The hotels on the link I gave all have timetables.

If one is not staying near those hotels the timetable is at the information booth in the mall, found by following the big sign saying "free shuttle".

For those that do want to use the service when leaving the mall, don't let the taxi drivers fool you into thinking it only goes to the airport. They want your money.

So one can assume all of the hotels using the service in 2010 are still using the service and have free schedules for anyone who asked?

How big is the sign in mall?  Big enough to be seen from any place in the mall, and from any entrance?

Returning to my original post, if whoever is providing this service wants people to use it, they should make it easy to use.  A current schedule on the internet would be a good start.

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You seem to be anti for the sake of being anti.

You obviously are not interested in using the service, and just being negative about a very good service that is available.

I'm sure those people that want to use the service are capable of either finding one of those hotels and asking at reception for the schedule, or finding the information desk at Central Airport/ Festival Mall.

I'm not responding to any more of your posts on here.

Actually I might use the service for one of my infrequent trips to the mall, if I knew when and where the buses ran.  However I don't wish to travel to the mall for the purpose of looking for the information desk that is supposed to have the free schedule.  Neither do I wish to go to hotels listed on the 2010 schedule in hopes that they have a current schedule and are willing to give them to non-guests. 

Your OP is a call for more people to use the free shuttle.  Your OP also indicates that the seven year old schedule available on-line is out of date.  I merely pointed out that putting a current schedule on-line would make it easier for people to use the service. 

Since you are keen on having more people use the service, why don't you go to the information desk at the mall and suggest they update their online schedule?  Alternatively, why don't you just get the current schedule and post it here?  That's how information is distributed now.  That's why you are posting on the internet instead of standing on a street corner calling for more people to use the free shuttle.

• 6 months later...

Archived