Can I get prepaid True Move H SIM card with the same number than the sim I just lost?

alexlm

Because all my 2 factor authentifications and banks are linked to this number.

i bought this True Move H SIM card at a 7/11.

Any way to get a new SIM card with the same number?

thanks

My prepaid sim expired with True because of no credit (I rarely use the phone and didn't realise). Just went to a true stall with my passport and had a new one issued with the same number. Like yourself I needed the same number for my banking.

Regards Bill.

Not true but Dtac same problem went to a l9cal big Dtac shop in big C explained i had lost phone and sim (phone remotley wiped and blocked.) Also couldnt remember if i had registered it or not. Turns out i didnt but they asked me for the last two numbers i had called from phone (luckily i only ever call the Mrs 99.9%of time on that phone). They issued me with a new sim with old number and registered it for me in my name.

Just now, SymS said:

Considering ID registration is compulsory to get a prepaid SIM card, I would assume this should be possible with all SIM cards then.

Depends how long hes had it. Plus there are several places which sell sims without registration in tuk com alone in Pattaya

My phone was stolen about a year ago.  I had to file a report with the police and give a copy of that report to AIS in order to get a new SIM with the same number. 

Registration, including a photo of the front page of your passport is required.  A fingerprint may be required by Jan 1 of 2018.

Fortunately I had most numbers backed up but it was still a pain in the backside getting numbers from those who's number wasn't backed up.  Now I back up the phone numbers regularly.

20 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

Fortunately I had most numbers backed up but it was still a pain in the backside getting numbers from those who's number wasn't backed up.  Now I back up the phone numbers regularly.

Android will do this for you automatically if you turn on sync, provided you have a google account for your mobile.

27 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

Android will do this for you automatically if you turn on sync, provided you have a google account for your mobile.

If its android you have to have a google account. I belive to get the best use of it. Ie google app market/google maps yes you csn use without a google account but whats the point!

Edited by jeab1980

7 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Not true but Dtac same problem went to a l9cal big Dtac shop in big C explained i had lost phone and sim (phone remotley wiped and blocked.) Also couldnt remember if i had registered it or not. Turns out i didnt but they asked me for the last two numbers i had called from phone (luckily i only ever call the Mrs 99.9%of time on that phone). They issued me with a new sim with old number and registered it for me in my name.

Dtac seem to use the same number for different people. Have had a Dtac USB modem for about 3 years but recently changed to True pocket wi-fi. The usb sim still had credit on it with about 6 months to run so I put it in a phone for making calls. The trouble someone else had the same number and I kept receiving their calls, so don't know if they got the sames calls as well. Had to turn the phone off to stop the calls.

I'm not in Thailand until the end of June.

That's why I'm worried.

I just emailed True Move.

I'll post their answer.

I'll also update this topic at the end of June when I have the definitive answer.

Thank you everyone.