Police rush to London Bridge after reports of van hitting pedestrians

rooster59

Police rush to London Bridge after reports of van hitting pedestrians

By Megan Revell

LONDON (Reuters) - British police rushed to an incident on London Bridge on Saturday after witnesses said a van ploughed into pedestrians and another witness told Reuters she saw people with throats cut on London Bridge.

Police said they were dealing with an incident but gave no further details while the London Ambulance Service said it was sending multiple resources to the incident. A Reuters reporter near the scene said she saw 10 police cars rushing towards London Bridge.

One witness told Reuters that she saw what appeared to be three people with knife wounds and possibly their throats cut.

A witness told the BBC she saw a speeding white van veering into pedestrians. The witness said the van hit five to six people. Reuters television pictures showed dozens of emergency vehicles in the area around London Bridge.

London's transport authority said London Bridge rail station had been closed at the request of the police.

On May 22, a suicide bomber killed 22 people at a pop concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in Manchester in northern England.

The Manchester bombing was the deadliest attack in Britain since July 2005, when four British Muslim suicide bombers killed 52 people in coordinated attacks on London's transport network.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-06-04

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watching the news on TV now. Very tragic indecent of a terrorist attack on London Bridge.  The world has to stop these muslim Islamic killers in there tracks ....  

Stop going to any muslim countries.

My prayers are with those Londoners ....

Another incident at Voxhall  ....  according to the news report  ABC ...   live

3 or 4 incidents unfolding .....    this is an orchestrated attack on innocent public..

muslim attackers being hunted .... 

I'm in London now. But thankfully Not near the incidents. 

Reports coming in the van plowed into people and 3 masked men got out stabbing people running towards borough market 

For people here who not know this Area of London. Is one of the busiest. Lots of pubs and Restaurans very popular 

9 minutes ago, DaveE13 said:

I'm in London now. But thankfully Not near the incidents. 

Reports coming in the van plowed into people and 3 masked men got out stabbing people running towards borough market 

For people here who not know this Area of London. Is one of the busiest. Lots of pubs and Restaurans very popular 

Dave,   I don't know London but pls keep away from some markets near the bridge and Voxhall  .... 

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Dave,   I don't know London but pls keep away from some markets near the bridge and Voxhall  .... 

Yes I'm bit further east near Dalston on a night out so heading home when started getting messages 

9 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Didn't the mayor say that Londoners are just going to have to get used to these incidents.

He's a supporter of the aims of these terrorist attacks, Ramadan is going well for them this year

Another incident at Voxhall  ....  according to the news report  ABC ...   live
3 or 4 incidents unfolding .....    this is an orchestrated attack on innocent public..
muslim attackers being hunted .... 

Police are now saying the Vauxhall incident is not connected to the London Bridge and Borough attacks.
Didn't the mayor say that Londoners are just going to have to get used to these incidents.

Yes. Just as we did in the IRA bombing campaign in the 80s. And not just Londoners; the risk of terrorism is fairly widespread.

The world must keep these Muslims contained otherwise these attacks will continue.. If they visit any Terroristic Nations,

such as, Syria, Iraq, Libya, Iran, ect they will lose their right to return to their adopted countries and lose their citizenship.

RIP to the innocent victims.

reports  :    2 explosions heard just now  

Just reported by SUN NEWS ...  controlled explosions by police

Some attackers still on the run ..  (  so not sure if any caught or not )

Police hunting the attackers ...

One attacker believed to be wearing a red beany ...

Breaking News :    2  explosions heard just now   !!

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Just watching the news on TV now. Very tragic indecent of a terrorist attack on London Bridge.  The world has to stop these muslim Islamic killers in there tracks ....  

Stop going to any muslim countries.

My prayers are with those Londoners ....

Well stopping going to Muslim countries won't help much when so many countries have allowed Muslims to settle for generations.  Ever been to Luton, England ?  Looks more like the Middle East than the Middle East does !!!

31 minutes ago, GaryB1263 said:

I want to hear the rest of this story at the Pub.

The reports by eyewitness who is manager of security firm who supplies Door Men on pubs in this area told BBC these terrorist were running in and out of pubs attacking people but were being fought back with chairs and bottles 

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

True as long as PC prevents the government doing what would be necessary to prevent them.

I'm watching the news as I write and it's on Sky News, Al Jazeera, and Fox ( Sky feed ). I assume it'll be on the other networks as well. Not just a short item- continuous feed.

I hope this doesn't seem callous, but I don't remember such a response when 90 people were killed in Kabul just a few days ago.................................................... :sad:

34 minutes ago, tomwct said:

The world must keep these Muslims contained otherwise these attacks will continue.. If they visit any Terroristic Nations,

such as, Syria, Iraq, Libya, Iran, ect they will lose their right to return to their adopted countries and lose their citizenship.

RIP to the innocent victims.

Trump tried to do something along those lines with his immigration stop on 6 countries, but guess what, everyone jumped up and down and said he couldn't do that. Will more incidents like this change their minds?

Archived