Police rush to London Bridge after reports of van hitting pedestrians

rooster59

33 minutes ago, steven100 said:

travel ban for muslims entering these countries ....  

the less allowed in the less chance they can do attacks.

Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. Most of these attackers of late  grew up in England. The door should have been closed 30 years ago.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That was tried with the IRA terrorists and ended up being very counter-productive.  I doubt they'll make the same mistake again.

Because it was a battle against nearly half the population of NI. This battle is different. Or do you believe that the vast majority of UK muslims support these scumbags?

2 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Horrific pure evil terrorist attack. I hope they find and punish the perps.

The usual knee jerk redneck Islamophobic nonsense from the  bigoted brigade on this forum, who are spouting exactly the stereotypical hatred that the terrorists want you to. 

With a liberal dose of hypocrisy thrown in too, when western governments had a big hand in creating the conditions for the organisations behind these monsters to become established. Think of our interference, needless wars, murder, and pillaging in their countries for the last 100 years usually for the sake of the almighty $ and oil.

No excuse for these individual terrorist cowardly acts. But maybe helpful in understanding how to end rather than perpetuate them.

It's not grannies from Leeds doing this.

Call my response redneck knee jerk Islamophobic if you like but I lived in Saudi, I know what they are like.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Is that Enoch Powell I hear laughing from the grave?

I remember having a friend in my younger days who used to say that Enoch Powell was right. I thought my friend was a racist scumbag, and avoided him. Experience has taught me that Enoch Powell was on the money, almost a prophet, just a little out with the specifics.

50 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

It's time for internment. The security services know who the vast majority of radicalised are. God forbid Corbyn gets the reins: he's a rabbit in the headlights at best on stuff like this. Has May got the bottle to deal with this properly?

May? I think she will certainly have to cut the Police budget for next year by less than she hoped.

11 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. Most of these attackers of late  grew up in England. The door should have been closed 30 years ago.

absolutely correct ....   but the do-gooders would have never let that happen  ....  they make me sick ..:angry:

19 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Horrific pure evil terrorist attack. I hope they find and punish the perps.

The usual knee jerk redneck Islamophobic nonsense from the  bigoted brigade on this forum, who are spouting exactly the stereotypical hatred that the terrorists want you to. 

With a liberal dose of hypocrisy thrown in too, when western governments had a big hand in creating the conditions for the organisations behind these monsters to become established. Think of our interference, needless wars, murder, and pillaging in their countries for the last 100 years usually for the sake of the almighty $ and oil.

No excuse for these individual terrorist cowardly acts. But maybe helpful in understanding how to end rather than perpetuate them.

There's always an initial gentle white-wash from the same quarters who are active elsewhere on the forum. You know where... More of the same expected from Jeremy Corbyn who will mouth similar inanities in the next few days. One thing readers should note is that although above contributors will make a gesture towards condemning individual terrorist acts, they will never ever stand against any of the organisations behind them. Why is that? Because the above contributors hold to a formula of unconditional support to all those organisations seen to oppose imperialism (whatever that means and see nonsense above). And that is why we have seen hard left marching with Islamists against 'imperialism'. Also, whether any of the above contributors hails from a Stalinist or Trotskyist background we'll probably have difficulty finding out as they are careful in not letting it peep out.

Probably most ....  but do more serious background checks on those who you may allow in such as the little old grandmother or the study student or similar.
Set up a task force who's job is to just scrutinize muslims entering ...  
not sure but something has to be done ....  and this would be my suggestion ..
costly yes ....  but thats the way it has to be ...

Eyewitness Gerard, a security guard heard one say as he stabbed a woman. "This is for Allah". On BBC.

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Picture on BBC showed one of them shot by police. On the ground. Armed policeman stood over him. The terrorist was said to be alive at the time. He's got cannisters strapped to him. I doubt it's beer.

Screenshot_2017-06-04-09-21-24-1.png

5 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

There's always an initial gentle white-wash from the same quarters who are active elsewhere on the forum. You know where... More of the same expected from Jeremy Corbyn who will mouth similar inanities in the next few days. One thing readers should note is that although above contributors will make a gesture towards condemning individual terrorist acts, they will never ever stand against any of the organisations behind them. Why is that? Because the above contributors hold to a formula of unconditional support to all those organisations seen to oppose imperialism (whatever that means and see nonsense above). And that is why we have seen hard left marching with Islamists against 'imperialism'. Also, whether any of the above contributors hails from a Stalinist or Trotskyist background we'll probably have difficulty finding out as they are careful in not letting it peep out.

'And whatever you do, forget the slashing of police numbers by the rightists.'

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There is no way they are actually "monitoring" 3,000 people. They might have a computer recording anything they say on the internet or phone, but physically, not a hope. It takes many people to monitor one person properly, and to monitor 3,000 would take thousands and thousands of police. Unaffordable.

correct, about 100,000 to monitor 3000 24/7

internment should be brought in

I also favor communities sharing some responsibility for what happens in their midst

10 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Eyewitness Gerard, a security guard heard one say as he stabbed a woman. "This is for Allah". On BBC.

These extremists hate grown women. They prefer child brides as per their prophet. What did you expect?

8 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

We must use a proxy or Opera  because :

" this content is not available in your location " ( I'm living in Thailand )

I'll try with Opera

Thanks Transam

see post 70 for cnn reporting links

correct, about 100,000 to monitor 3000 24/7

internment should be brought in

I also favor communities sharing some responsibility for what happens in their midst

Didn't The Times report 27,000 jihadists in the UK?

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

'And whatever you do, forget the slashing of police numbers by the rightists.'

Quite right too. How else can they have countless bored policemen standing around in tube stations armed to the teeth after every instance? It's always a case of "doing something afterwards, rather than preventing it in the first place".

One thing is sure; potential terrorists all over the western world are watching this and learning the lesson that they can cause HUGE chaos just by running people over with a car. No organization required. One guy in a car and the police will shut everything down. Score for the bad guys.

Our world has just changed forever.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Quite right too. How else can they have countless bored policemen standing around in tube stations armed to the teeth after every instance? It's always a case of "doing something afterwards, rather than preventing it in the first place".

One thing is sure; potential terrorists all over the western world are watching this and learning the lesson that they can cause HUGE chaos just by running people over with a car. No organization required. One guy in a car and the police will shut everything down. Score for the bad guys.

Our world has just changed forever.

its going to take draconian measures to regain control

2 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Oh dear, I shouldn't laugh, but BBC talking to a woman who's trying her best not slur her words.

Its been a hot and sunny day a lot of people been out all day enjoying themselves and then all hell breaks out.

I said earlier was in Dalston and about 1030pm all you could hear was sirens and Police vans and Ambulances going past 

Just now, Mosha said:

Didn't The Times report 27,000 jihadists in the UK?

Probably, but IMO that would likely be including anyone that ever posted anything on line saying they support the bad guys.

The number of bad guys actually prepared to do something would probably be quite small.

7 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Oh dear, I shouldn't laugh, but BBC talking to a woman who's trying her best not slur her words.

Yes, best to be falling down drunk when one of these attacks occurs. Short of that, surround oneself with self-defense chairs and bottles while ensconced amongst friends (the Telly turned to a football match is optional?).

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

3 minutes ago, transam said:

That's daft.......

Muslim communities l doubt would grass on their own.

Archived