Police investigating how naked British man fell from Pattaya guesthouse

rooster59

Police investigating how naked British man fell from Pattaya guesthouse

thumbnail__MG_0086.jpg

Image: Siamchon News

A British man was rushed to hospital after falling from the balcony of a guesthouse in the Nong Prue area of Pattaya.

The unidentified man who is believed to be in his 40s was found naked in the street suffering from a serious head injury early on Saturday morning.

The man had spent the night with a ladyboy identified as Sittipong Maneekat, 35, who told police the victim fell after going onto the balcony for a cigarette around 5am.

Police said they arrived at the scene to find rescue workers already treating the man.

Locals had reportedly covered him with a towel and then given him a pair of shorts while he was being treated.

Police said the ladyboy told them the victim was British, although officers had been unable to formally identify the man.

Police said they searched the room at the Hideaway Guesthouse but found no sign of a struggle.

The man was taken to Banglamung hospital where his injuries were described as non-life threatening.

Police said they will speak to the man as soon as he is well enough to be interviewed.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-04

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tonray said:

Hmmm.....5 AM, western male, ladyboy, fall off of balcony. How is it that everyone loses their ability for common sense thinking when they come to Thailand on holiday ?

Didn't realize that it is lack of common sense to go for a smoke on a balcony at any time day or night while on holiday, even if you have company with you?

4 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

This is one instance where the height of the balcony railing might be a factor- especially if the farang was tall. 

As a tall Westerner, I can confirm that I have encountered a few barriers/railings that I've found to be pretty low. Certainly below my centre of gravity.

5am, drinking drugging all night, a bit light headed, I could see someone taking a tumble.

Possible scenarios unfold in the mind... I don't like this one, but it seems possible: the Brit guy thinks he's with a woman... 4 a.m. rolls around and still no sweet honey for the Brit... no $$ for the lady (boy)... this could put a strain on things and force some action, I would think. 

Morals of the story.... verify sex up front, stay away from Pattaya, don't smoke near balconies, and keep your clothes on if you want to save face.  

As an Indian sage once said:  "Stay where you are."   

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

As a tall Westerner, I can confirm that I have encountered a few barriers/railings that I've found to be pretty low. Certainly below my centre of gravity.

5am, drinking drugging all night, a bit light headed, I could see someone taking a tumble.

I'm with you mate, I'm 196cm and definitely keep my distance after a bevvie or two. Even sober it's easy to misjudge.

33 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Didn't realize that it is lack of common sense to go for a smoke on a balcony at any time day or night while on holiday, even if you have company with you?

The lack of common sense part is taking a ladyboy back to your room to spend the night. 

And BTW , been in many balconies all over the world and still have not fallen off one at 5 am. Must have more common sense than some. 

54 minutes ago, friendphil said:

Possible scenarios unfold in the mind... I don't like this one, but it seems possible: the Brit guy thinks he's with a woman... 4 a.m. rolls around and still no sweet honey for the Brit... no $$ for the lady (boy)... this could put a strain on things and force some action, I would think. 

Morals of the story.... verify sex up front, stay away from Pattaya, don't smoke near balconies, and keep your clothes on if you want to save face.  

As an Indian sage once said:  "Stay where you are."   

Then Pattaya would be deserted. ?

Why was he naked on the balcony in the first place?? Soi Buakhao 15 is a built up area.

In addition, looking at the Hideaway Guesthouse, the railings are relatively high by Thai standards and just that railings. That means if you are naked on the balcony, anyone can see from any angle.

Just now, sanemax said:

You are not in the news for falling off a balcony naked though

Yes, I am rather sensible. Perhaps this chap was not. You don't think he was urinating, do you? I mean whilst balancing on the balcony railing. It would explain the situation.

It is so easy to fall off a balcony .

My balcony is waist high .

I went to lean against it with my back .

I was one  foot step forward , which I didnt realise 

(I was one foot step further away from the balcony, than I thought that I was)

As I leant back , my bodies momentum nearly took me over the balcony

Had that balcony been any lower , I probably would have gone over the top

3 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Yes, I am rather sensible. Perhaps this chap was not. You don't think he was urinating, do you? I mean whilst balancing on the balcony railing. It would explain the situation.

He may have had a towel wrapped around him, with fell off as he fell

The towel that the people put over him on the floor may have been his towel

Why was he naked on the balcony in the first place?? Soi Buakhao 15 is a built up area.

In addition, looking at the Hideaway Guesthouse, the railings are relatively high by Thai standards and just that railings. That means if you are naked on the balcony, anyone can see from any angle.

I think he's just finished a touch of the old horizontal hokey cokey with his terak, gone outside for a smoke bollocko,he's still had the condom on his bok ham noi,condom falls off on to the floor, he doesn't see it and goes skidding on it and over the top he goes.easily done...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Archived