Police investigating how naked British man fell from Pattaya guesthouse

rooster59

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

I believe the term sexing is used for something to do with identifying a chcken's sex i.e. a chicken sexer ius an occupation. It could possibly be used with trying to identify if it was a lady or a boy. :sorry:

In my recent experience, I was offered to the sexing going over the local bridge by two of them. "No thanks, not putting my hand down there!" I didn't even want to get that close to "intense" disappointment. Or the yuch factor. OMG, this is a separate issue, but the balcony fall in Pattya, anecdotally at least, seems pretty high. 

23 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

How come they couldn't identify the guest through the reception or the log/check in book ??

Quite a small guestshouse, maybe 5 rooms, certainly no 24 hours reception desk. A TM30 or whatever would have been sent to immigration so the cops could have asked immigrations computer system.

How drunk so you have to be to go naked out unto the balcony and take the time to smoke a cigarette, and place your slippers on the table top? Strange for sure. 

12 hours ago, friendphil said:

Possible scenarios unfold in the mind... I don't like this one, but it seems possible: the Brit guy thinks he's with a woman... 4 a.m. rolls around and still no sweet honey for the Brit... no $$ for the lady (boy)... this could put a strain on things and force some action, I would think. 

Morals of the story.... verify sex up front, stay away from Pattaya, don't smoke near balconies, and keep your clothes on if you want to save face.  

As an Indian sage once said:  "Stay where you are."   

Unlikely scenario. The ladyboy was there to talk to the police when they arrived on the scene.

I see mandate for balcony railings to meet western safety standards or CCTV on each balcony.  Let's get to the bottom of this!!  I don't understand the fasination with LB.  However I've made wrong guesses on the is it or not photo quizzes.   I'm affraid if I ever made a mistake it would be the LB in The gutter. 

LB,S get their fair share of bad publicity on here but i have met a few pleasant ones, that sure at the end of the day want paid but have never felt in any danger when chatting with them, they are not all bad and the more mature ones always seem more honest.

On 6/4/2017 at 8:25 PM, IAMHERE said:

Quite a small guestshouse, maybe 5 rooms, certainly no 24 hours reception desk. A TM30 or whatever would have been sent to immigration so the cops could have asked immigrations computer system.

How drunk so you have to be to go naked out unto the balcony and take the time to smoke a cigarette, and place your slippers on the table top? Strange for sure. 

"There are eight million stories unregistered lodging house in the naked Pattaya city. The Hideaway is This has been one of them."

On 04/06/2017 at 4:29 AM, saakura said:

Must have been drinking and drugging all night, and with a nasty ladyboy making it a lethal combination. They should publicise his name and nationality.

if drugs involved zero sympathy lock him up when hes fit enough

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

How could they fail to identify him all hotels have to take details of guests and report them to immigration and where was his passport?

Not all guesthouses take the passport info and report to Immigration.

The passport may be in the locked room safe.

Read the thread and associated articles.

On June 3, 2017 at 10:27 PM, friendphil said:

Possible scenarios unfold in the mind... I don't like this one, but it seems possible: the Brit guy thinks he's with a woman... 4 a.m. rolls around and still no sweet honey for the Brit... no $$ for the lady (boy)... this could put a strain on things and force some action, I would think. 

Morals of the story.... verify sex up front, stay away from Pattaya, don't smoke near balconies, and keep your clothes on if you want to save face.  

It was a Brit, of course he knew it was a ladyboy!

On 2017-6-4 at 2:59 PM, Mickmouse1 said:

How come they couldn't identify the guest through the reception or the log/check in book ??

Will it make your sad little life better for just a moment should his name be published?

People should be allowed privacy.

12 hours ago, NanLaew said:

"There are eight million stories unregistered lodging house in the naked Pattaya city. The Hideaway is This has been one of them."

8 million lodging houses? Wow no wonder the traffic sucks!!!!

On 6/4/2017 at 10:23 AM, BangkokReady said:

As a tall Westerner, I can confirm that I have encountered a few barriers/railings that I've found to be pretty low. Certainly below my centre of gravity.

5am, drinking drugging all night, a bit light headed, I could see someone taking a tumble.

Being light headed should be a good thing, bringing down the center of gravity; that and the amount of liquids in the abdomen should create a safe and stabil situation..........gravity wise

On 6/4/2017 at 8:23 PM, Maggusoil said:

In my recent experience, I was offered to the sexing going over the local bridge by two of them. "No thanks, not putting my hand down there!" I didn't even want to get that close to "intense" disappointment. Or the yuch factor. OMG, this is a separate issue, but the balcony fall in Pattya, anecdotally at least, seems pretty high. 

There's no way to determine if it's high or low based on sensationalist reporting by news media in a city with lots of high balconies. It's a sure way to off yourself provided you pick a high enough floor. It would seem one of the easiest and surest ways to do it. People kill themselves everywhere, but here they like to report each case.

What would you do with a ladyboy at 5am in a guest house?      I can't go there . .  I guess people come or go to Thailand with all sorts of expectations. Get a little drunk or out of it on whatever else comes your way or gets put in your drink yes its a danger I would not court . . . . . women with balls!!!       danger danger

What was he doing with a ladyboy at 5 am in a guest house ? Sounds like real danger to me.

Well maybe exploring his sexuality - as I said in a previous post- straight men take ladyboys back to their rooms- not gay men . Probably many have girlfriends / wives/ kids back home.
These days people explore outside the accepted norm - life is all about new experiences.
Then there are many many bisexual men ( thank God for bi men- in my experience when they can get away from their wives- it's good- no more detail on that )

No more a real danger than anything else you might get up to.

Could be many reasons but not

I said in a previous post- straight men take ladyboys back to their rooms- not gay men

Straight men might hook up with what he later finds out is a ladyboy and then tells ladyboy to leave, ladyboy wants his money and gets angry, straight oldish man goes flying when no money is paid.

Sounds more like it

But will we ever know as not many stories are followed up on here.

On 6/4/2017 at 10:27 AM, friendphil said:

The Indian sage was shouting up to someone teetering precariously on the balcony. Definitely good advice. 

without going completely off topic in the case where the brit fell from the balcony in Udon Thani (about two months ago) I noticed on my last visit the balcony had new higher railing's installed so at least they have made their place a bit safer. 

Well the guy who fell off the balcony is a friend of one of my friends.

My friend is helping with his insurance claim.

I accompanied my friend to visit him today and despite all the outlandish theory's on Thai Visa, it appears he simply went on the balcony to get some air, maybe slightly unwisely sat on the air-conditioner compressor and  due to jetlag fell asleep and slipped off and over the balcony.

Certainly no drugs of large amounts of alcohol involved, he has the toxicology report to prove this.

Also his Ladyboy companion was asleep at the time and he was certainly not pushed.

Sorry to disappoint the Thaivisa Board members that think Ladyboys are the epitome of evil, his Ladyboy friend has spent her days since the accident caring for him at his bedside and helped him buy a wheelchair, open a room after he was discharged from the hospital and generally made sure he has been fed and looked after since his unfortunate accident, and seems like a very decent person.

Edit to add: he said he was wearing shorts, maybe they were ripped off on the way down, he is not sure.

All his valuables were still in the room and returned to him after the unfortunate event.

1 hour ago, jay1980 said:

Well the guy who fell off the balcony is a friend of one of my friends.

My friend is helping with his insurance claim.

I accompanied my friend to visit him today and despite all the outlandish theory's on Thai Visa, it appears he simply went on the balcony to get some air, maybe slightly unwisely sat on the air-conditioner compressor and  due to jetlag fell asleep and slipped off and over the balcony.

Certainly no drugs of large amounts of alcohol involved, he has the toxicology report to prove this.

Also his Ladyboy companion was asleep at the time and he was certainly not pushed.

Sorry to disappoint the Thaivisa Board members that think Ladyboys are the epitome of evil, his Ladyboy friend has spent her days since the accident caring for him at his bedside and helped him buy a wheelchair, open a room after he was discharged from the hospital and generally made sure he has been fed and looked after since his unfortunate accident, and seems like a very decent person.

Edit to add: he said he was wearing shorts, maybe they were ripped off on the way down, he is not sure.

All his valuables were still in the room and returned to him after the unfortunate event.

Good news. Those baying for his name to be splashed across international news headlines should be ashamed!

Wish him a fast recovery nevertheless and a fast lesson learnt from the highrise moral values and standards of Pattaya.

But let's not be naive...such tragic incidents will not dissuade other tourists who get the urge call from their pants to chill down in Thailand!

Archived