How do I find a rental agent in BKK?

Hubby and I are searching for a rental in central Bangkok.  I'd like to get the help of an agent (or agents) as our requirements are a bit specific and not standard.  How might we go about finding agents?  Should I be using the rental search websites and call agents of specific rentals?  Is there a better way to find someone with access to more properties than just the ones they manage?  We'd like to be in a place in the next week or two so I want to be as efficient as I can (i.e. not waste time on rental search websites that are mostly listings of unavailable properties).

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many property agents in Bangkok alone... 

Try Remax, Century.. Or just run a google search and contact some with your requests. 

The issue I have with property agents here is that the majority are fundamentally lazy... they don't tend to listen to specific requests and bombard to you properties which do not match. 

It may be a good idea for you to search on hipflat - find an idea of what you like and contact the agent. 

I gathered about 80 agents Line IDs from hitflat / facebook / other rental websites and dropped them a detailed message about my specific requirements (building, unblocked view, high floor, rental period etc). This worked out for me as I received info about many relevant properties out of which I then selected one. 

I'd say provide as much info about your requirement and let the agent find something. You could say them upfront not to fwd irrelevant properties details. 

Archived