METV question....

Am I correct in thinking with an METV ( valid for 6 months, 60 days per trip), I could, for example enter on, say November 1st and stay to December 30th, then return to the UK for January, and then re enter Thailand for a further 60 days from February 1st, with an option to extend by 30 days up to the end of April ?.

Yes you could.

A multiple entry tourist visa allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue. Each entry can be extended for 30 days at immigration. You can get almost 9 months of total stay from the visa by doing an entry on or before the enter before date on the visa and extending that 60 day entry for 30 days.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you could.

A multiple entry tourist visa allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue. Each entry can be extended for 30 days at immigration. You can get almost 9 months of total stay from the visa by doing an entry on or before the enter before date on the visa and extending that 60 day entry for 30 days.

Ok, many thanks.

3 hours ago, Bravotwozero said:

Am I correct in thinking with an METV ( valid for 6 months, 60 days per trip), I could, for example enter on, say November 1st and stay to December 30th, then return to the UK for January, and then re enter Thailand for a further 60 days from February 1st, with an option to extend by 30 days up to the end of April ?.

Why would you want to go back to the UK in January to freeze your nuts off.

Hop across a border and re-enter to enjoy Thailand's weather.

17 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Why would you want to go back to the UK in January to freeze your nuts off.

Hop across a border and re-enter to enjoy Thailand's weather.

For a specific reason that I could not attend to by hopping across a border....cheers.

• Like 2

It could be done, but first look at what the actual requirements are in your home country for a METV.

You may find the requirements to get an METV are more than you bargained for.

It's up to you but the requirements to be issued a METV are often quite strict depending on where you apply and can be quite costly.

Be sure it Is what really you want and need BEFORE  you choose an  METV.

All I am saying is maybe it is, but look before you leap.

You can't UNDO a poor and expensive choice later.