Immigration Office Outside Bkk

dutch

Will retire end December.

Want to do my routine stuff like extensions-90 days and so on, in the most nearby immigration office that is possible.

Want to pre-visit in August to introduce.

Which office is the best to go?

Thanks in advance for the information .

• Confused 1

Thanks George for the quick respons.

I was already aware of Nong Khai and Udon Thani, but was hoping for a more nearby address.

I thought Jayenram had another address, but I lost my note.I will pm him

There is one in Mukdahan, and possibly closer to your place - I should think Aranyaphratet on the Cambodian border. I have never been there but I`ll guess it might be an imm.office yhere since so many people are doing visa-runs there.

JayPee

Kab Cheong Immigration Office will be around 160 km from you, dutch.

Take route 24 eastward toward Ubon. Turn right at Prassat lights. Office is about 20 km south on your left. Chong Chom Khmer border is about another 20 km south of that.

Tel: 044 559 166

• 15 years later...

I thought you were supposed to report to an immigration office that is where you live (recognizing that for some 'where you live' could be a bit of a movable feast).

If you find you have free choice then it may be sensible to choose an office that does not insist on TM30 reporting by your house/apartment/condo owner/landlord (or you in default of the owner/landlord not reporting) once you are registered there. Particularly important if you travel internationally and/or domestically regularly.

I know personally that foreigner-friendly criteria applies to Sisaket province and I read a thread recently that indicated it also applies to Chaiyaphum province.  There may be more. How long that will last is however unclear.

At the very least worth confirming (by posting on Thai Visa) that the province/office you choose takes online reporting of TM30s and it works well. Also that the immigration office is staffed well and handles extensions/90 Day reports/TM30 physical reporting quickly and efficiently. Some of the bigger offices like Chaeng Wattana and Chiang Mai can be nightmare reportedly.

• Haha 1

I suggest everybody have a look at the date this topic was posted in 2004. Back thein you could use any immigration office.

They started requiring them to be done at the designated office for where you are living in 2009.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, happylarry said:

So please tell us klikster, what was the point of resurrecting this old post,

Probably due to not noticing the year it was posted.

Back then there was no office in Khon Kaen. The nearest one was in Korat or Nong Khai.

• Like 1