BANGKOK 20 February 2019 06:17
panchovilla

Good resource to find Univeristy Lecturing positions in Bangkok?

Hello! I will be capping off my Masters degree in Phnom Penh this summer and am interested in teaching university courses at a Thai university after I graduate. What are some good online resources I can use to find openings and positions available for the upcoming academic year? Thanks very much!

Moved to the Higher Education forum.

Hello! I will be capping off my Masters degree in Phnom Penh

An MA in PP? In what? 

I think the only real forum with jobs is the Thai word for teacher dot com, but everybody knows that one? 

There isn't really one. You need to go to the university websites and fill in the online application forms if they have them.  Or contact the HR offices, school deans or heads of department directly by email. 

• Like 1

there was sometime on reserhgate, but almost all of them need phd,

I think with only master you can work only part time,

I've got a PhD, an MEd and some publications. I emailed Mahidol on spec yesterday and nothing back so far. 

I've got a PhD, an MEd and some publications. I emailed Mahidol on spec yesterday and nothing back so far. 

Don't email any of them just go. Thai universities are terrible at writing back to anyone over email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, chakeeoyen said:

Don't email any of them just go. Thai universities are terrible at writing back to anyone over email.

I've heard that if you are offered a job it'll be on a much lower salary if your address is in Thailand and they think they have you over a barrel. 

I've heard that if you are offered a job it'll be on a much lower salary if your address is in Thailand and they think they have you over a barrel. 

I can't say for sure but I have friends that work in international programs and the majority of them just showed up quals in hand, dressed to impressed and made it happen.

One I know is hourly and started at 1k an hour.

Just now, chakeeoyen said:

One I know is hourly and started at 1k an hour.

Anything around 50-60 a month would be fine if I enjoyed the teaching. I can barely spend 20. I could change my PGCE (teaching certificate) to one for the schools, but I don't think I could be bothered teaching kids. I want to talk about John Locke, and whether he has a two-stage theory, I don't want to yell farang-slogans. 

Mind you, the latter might be what you'll do in the unis :smile:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Craig krup said:

If you have PhD, why you do not try jobs listing at RG, I am sure I saw recruitment of Chula there,

also I heard that Fac of Science, CMU, needs two Math and apply math and edu math teachers

8 hours ago, LolaS said:

If you have PhD, why you do not try jobs listing at RG, I am sure I saw recruitment of Chula there,

also I heard that Fac of Science, CMU, needs two Math and apply math and edu math teachers

What is "RG"? 

Unfortunately my PhD is in philosophy, so nothing useful! I'd be relying on the undergraduate degree (Politics/Social Sciences) and the Master of Education degree for a job, I think. 

19 hours ago, Craig krup said:

What is "RG"? 

Unfortunately my PhD is in philosophy, so nothing useful! I'd be relying on the undergraduate degree (Politics/Social Sciences) and the Master of Education degree for a job, I think. 

it is sad that you don't know,

Can you take a look English department, and sociology/political science? and let me know? since they have a lot of international programs there.

3 hours ago, LolaS said:

it is sad that you don't know,

Can you take a look English department, and sociology/political science? and let me know? since they have a lot of international programs there.

Well, why not make the world less "sad" and just tell me? I've googled it: it's not obvious.

There is doubtless an infinity of things which I know that you don't. If you needed to know something my first move would be to be helpful, and just tell you. I wouldn't spend time archly not telling you, but if that's what you need, fine. I've been teaching for a quarter of a century. You're not showing me anything I haven't seen a thousand times.