Girl Scouts/Brownies?

Hi all.

Am curious, as my wife told me its not possible for our daughter to join a local girl scout/brownie troop as its only for kids in the public school system and not for private schools.  Is this true?  Seems a bit silly if it is.  We are in Chiang Mai if that matters.

Cheers.

That is not correct.

My daughter and granddaughter attend a private school and are in the girl scouts.

It is mandatory as far as I know. Kids wear the scout uniform once a week to school.

As ubonjoe writes above.

Also in private schools.

Boys in brown, girls in dark green.

The sister in law has two grandchildren (boy, girl) attending private school and I see them in their changing uniforms.

If I recall correct: once a week in brown/green, once in sports gear.

15 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

As ubonjoe writes above.

Also in private schools.

Boys in brown, girls in dark green.

The sister in law has two grandchildren (boy, girl) attending private school and I see them in their changing uniforms.

If I recall correct: once a week in brown/green, once in sports gear.

The girls will also wear a blue uniform depending of which "brownie" they are and also there is a white navy looking one too - we had a mix of all 3 at the last school I worked for.(1 uniform per girl, not the same girl in a different uniform each week).

• 2 weeks later...

For the girls it depends on the school if they have girl scouts or not. Some school don't have scouting for girls (the green uniform) but instead have some kind of red cross training (the blue uniform).

Living up-country I have never seen the white uniform, might be sea scouts?

1 hour ago, edgarfriendly said:

is this only a school thing?

in the uk as far as i recall, cubs/brownies are outside of school activities.

and only voluntarily, certainly nothing to do with school or during school time.

In the US as well, but here in Thailand the "troops" are part of the schools.

• 1 month later...

ive been on 2 scout camps, shit was cash.

campy style buffet breakfast.. typical dumb activities for the kids all day, like orienteering and teambuilding games. then a piss up every night for the staff.

the knobheads get hammered too easy, even when they water their drinks to oblivion, but they dont get rowdy or anything, just break out the guitars, spoon and glass bottle band and sing sad songs...

obligatory sugar/salt overload insanity on the last day for the students..

Archived