Thailand ‘among top 20 most dangerous countries’ to visit

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You know there are some shallow people in this world.

Did the Aborigines invite the brits to come over and invade "their" lucky country, oops lets not start a political hot potato, lets just all bury our heads in the sand and or say we can;t undo what other did so many years ago because it suites us while we extract all the $'s out of your land, I mean OUR land

Don't worry, the Chinese will invade very soon within a couple of decades. They've already started the process slowly buying up all the real estate & farming land :smile:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

They should just convert Tasmania into one big prison and send all the prisoners there. It can be the next Alcatraz Island. Nobody in their right mind wants to live there anyway.

Same as Ireland  then .lol

37 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

They should just convert Tasmania into one big prison and send all the prisoners there. It can be the next Alcatraz Island. Nobody in their right mind wants to live there anyway.

Approximately 517,000

29 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Don't worry, the Chinese will invade very soon within a couple of decades. They've already started the process slowly buying up all the real estate & farming land :smile:

They won't have to invade. As per last part of your comment they will have bought everything and just "own" Australia.

21 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Do I take it you're an inbred apple islander, or simply an expert on Tassie? 

Oh, here we go. Another expert on what people do and think.

I am not an expert on anything and I am not from Tasmania and I got the information of the calculated population of Tasmania website.

You made the comment "Nobody in their right mind wants to live there anyway." I just put roughly 517,000 most likely do. Some would not want I agree. Just because you may not like somewhere doesn't mean others don't want to.

this is not really news; the impact to those of us that really live here is that the thai consider us expats as tourists no matter the length of 'stay' ;no matter how many families we support; no matter how much taxes we contribute

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Why not, its a free for all

15 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I am not an expert on anything and I am not from Tasmania and I got the information of the calculated population of Tasmania website.

You made the comment "Nobody in their right mind wants to live there anyway." I just put roughly 517,000 most likely do. Some would not want I agree. Just because you may not like somewhere doesn't mean others don't want to.

Not sure what happened there, I was responding to bbi1 comment on Tassie, not sure why it ended up going to you ? -  gremlins I guess. 

17 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

True dat brother! Just because a lot of peeps don't wanna live in Compton, Inglewood or South Central LA, doesn't mean a lot of homies don't wanna call that place their crib.

Lies, Corruption, Laziness Untrustworthy, Deception, Murder, Propaganda, Uneducated.

Are just a few words that spring to mind when I think of a country, that so many have said on here think they are so safe in. I for many years thought I was safe and loved every minute of living there until one day a knock at the door started a nightmare I will never forget or forgive.

Its so bad even the locals do runners, just like that one who got his police family and an attorney to try and scam me, it backed fired on him and he lost the plot beat the crap out of his wife (She Deserved it as a right con artist) then did a runner to avoid either death or jail.

One thing is for sure you cannot no longer trust anything here and risk your life if you visit.

If you think this report is bad, there is another on its way much worse so I am told.

Big shame as it could be one of the most beautiful country's in the world, but now I would rather live in a war zone than there as it run by criminals

12 hours ago, bandito said:

In my younger years, long time ago, I got taken in by the cops 2 times because of a fight with bargirls who called the cops and you know what?

Both times they told me I was free to go as I were not arrested but the bargirl was.

I could release them by signing a paper that I would not complain or they would stay locked up, so I signed and they got released.

No money did change hands and was not asked for.

Yup, it's the luck of the draw with the police. I have met great cops that do their job and not trying to extort money out of you, but then I have met cops that will make things up to extort money out of you.   I do feel safe in Thailand. Some cities in the USA (Detroit, Chicago) are way more dangerous than Bangkok.

1 hour ago, ericthai said:

Yup, it's the luck of the draw with the police. I have met great cops that do their job and not trying to extort money out of you, but then I have met cops that will make things up to extort money out of you.   I do feel safe in Thailand. Some cities in the USA (Detroit, Chicago) are way more dangerous than Bangkok.

Yeah, the worst thing what could possibly happen in Chicago is running into the Bundys! :sleepy:

On 10/06/2017 at 1:44 AM, owenm said:

Melbourne, Australia has rampant crime of late. Forced home invasions, car jackings, aggravated burglaries and senseless crime.. In Bangkok I feel extremely safe and haven't had any issues, nor for anywhere in Thailand... Melbourne was the most liveable city but no longer... 

I agree the Phillipines is much more dangerous but then mainly in Mindanao. The rest of the place it is called using your head. Same in Thailand the 3 Southern Provinces yes. Have never felt unsafe anywhere in Thailand. Only issue I ever had was with rip off artists and drunken ex Pats. Them you learn to avoid. Always feel safe in Thailand . Love the place

11 hours ago, ericthai said:

Well, you know the only times I did or do pay off a cop is or was a traffic cop and always when I was wrong.

I'm not starting to get a discussion with the cop as it will only get worse and I lose.

So when I get pulled over I ask right away "How much?".

Some even ask what I am willing to pay.

Mostly a 100 or 200- bht.

Sometimes I have to pay at the station where they pool the money so everybody get his rightfull share. :cheesy:

Once I was in a hurry to get to Don Muang to catch a flight and I was late and got pulled over near Pattaya

I gave him Baht 200- so I could be on my way.

After the "thank you very much" said the cop that the next time I would'nt be fined as I paid a fine for 2 times speeding

I've been laughing all the way to the airport, what a country. :intheclub:

On 2017-6-9 at 10:44 PM, Machiavelli said:

The aborigines have always found Australia unlucky! 

yes indeed.  the Australian aborigines and the American Indians, all got the same treatment. From losing their land to measles, smallpox and acute lead poisoning.

14 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Lies, Corruption, Laziness Untrustworthy, Deception, Murder, Propaganda, Uneducated.

Are just a few words that spring to mind when I think of a country, that so many have said on here think they are so safe in. I for many years thought I was safe and loved every minute of living there until one day a knock at the door started a nightmare I will never forget or forgive.

Its so bad even the locals do runners, just like that one who got his police family and an attorney to try and scam me, it backed fired on him and he lost the plot beat the crap out of his wife (She Deserved it as a right con artist) then did a runner to avoid either death or jail.

One thing is for sure you cannot no longer trust anything here and risk your life if you visit.

If you think this report is bad, there is another on its way much worse so I am told.

Big shame as it could be one of the most beautiful country's in the world, but now I would rather live in a war zone than there as it run by criminals

'You risk your life if you visit' - Rather over dramatic me thinks.

I've been subjected to Thai police extortion on 2 occasions over my 37 years visiting and residing here, including a night in a cell, for me and my Thai wife, to strengthen their hand.

Both totally unjustified I hasten to add, a complete misuse / disregard for the law, but hardly a risk of losing a life.

I can't imagine this is even close to being true.  Extensive touring through Latin America was 10 times as dangerous as anything I have ev3r encountered in Thailand. I've been here 25 years, all over the place, all times day and night, never a problem.

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:00 AM, anto said:

>>land of Saints and Scholars").<<.................Ireland ?   I come from Dublin ,and yes unless its bolted down and even then things get stolen .Here much less so .I did once get a phone stolen while boarding a public bus in Bangkok ,but that's the extent of it after 10 years here .

Oh, how I love this BS by the defenders of all things Thai!

I bet, you had a lot of 5 on 1- fights in Ireland,where the 1 is a physically handicaped baker!?

Or you have a daily accidents of brake- failure buses with non-profile- tires, where 8 people die and the driver makes a runner?!

And wasn't Ireland also that place, where a 16 year old girl without a drivers license killed 9 people and got of with 48 hours of community service!?

And I remember the rape and killing and raping of a Thai woman and her thai friend on this small Irish holiday island, where they covered it all up and scapegoated to Scottish men?!

But...uuuuuhhhh... no box of tool got stolen in Thailand, as far as you witnessed it!

:coffee1: 

On 6/9/2017 at 8:34 PM, lovelomsak said:

Please help me understand this article. 

It says thailand is in the top 20 most dangerous countries to visit. Then next it says the report places Thailand  118 out of 136 countries. with a placement of 4 . I do not know about the rest of you but 118 seems to not be in the top 20. What is this article trying to say?

The report covers various criteria, safety being one of them.  For that criterion (versus e.g. tourism service infrastructure and cultural resources) Thailand ranks in the top 20.

Archived