Cheap Charlie on holidays at its best

howard ashoul

Where indeed and how they change.

Back in the 80s there used to be a no hassles pub off Soi Cowboy called the Britannia. One of the regular girls was a fat young thing called Miss Piggy. She was proud of the name for some strange reason. A few years later I was talking to this beautiful girl while I was having Sunday lunch who asked me if I did not recognise her...yup Miss Piggy minus half her original weight. She had "married" an Aussie who was on rotation with a German, not interested in anyone else now, flush with cash and only in the bar for company.

Some girls make good even if it is on a shared basis.

Hang on a minute Dave, the Aussie was on rotation with a German?????

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, oldhippy said:

"Bar girls can make good wifes" - I read that often.

Can bar guys make good husbands? That is never discussed.

Strange.

I thought gay marriage was illegal in Thailand, therefore "bar guys" can't become husbands.

On 6/12/2017 at 7:19 PM, neeray said:

Agreed. Taking the Farang to meet the family is a precursor to matrimony, as I understood it !

i imagine Toy got an earful from sister when she returned to Pattaya. 

>> is a precursor to matrimony<<

No ,not in Thailand at least .I had 2  P4P girls take me to Issarn to meet their familys .They get a payed for trip home ,and get the Farang to spread at least some money in the village .

On 10/06/2017 at 10:07 PM, howard ashoul said:

Great job on my background! :sleepy:

Many people asked, why I didn't stop him.

- First of all, he was guest. So naturaly we were treating him nicely.

- We also expected, that he will change. That it's just a big missunderstanding. My wife believed to the last minute, that at the airport he will give her some money.

- And there's also an age gap, me 28, he over 60...hard to speak to a guy, who is more than twice my age, about his behaviour. 

Some people suggesting, that it's just a fiction. If it was fitcion, I would post a link to a GoFundMe page. For my 3 beers. I wouldn't wrote this novel just to post it here.

People don't change in short times, unless they are forced to change. 

I get he is a guest, but being a guest also involves the guest having some basic manners. A good guest is someone that you don't even realise is there and someone that leaves you no emotional pain after they leave.

Many things are not real givens in Thai. He doesn't have to pay for the meals with many Thai families, so maybe he was unsure. In my experience, the family pays to welcome the guest...although every individual family is different. However, he should at least offer his share, and many other things he did were obviously not on,

Why not just explain, this is how our family does things? Say you had to do it, and that he should do it, if he cannot do it, then he will not fit into the family dynamics. Will save a lot of time and drama.

It is very easy to speak to an older person about their behaviour. Easier than a younger person, as usually the maturity will kick in at some point during the conversation. You just muck around with them, if too scared to tell them directly. I am 27 and live in Thailand, and now haven't attended the 'farang' restaurant/bar in close to a year due to differences with older blokes (including the owner). Some good blokes, but some absolute shockers (like the guy in your story). 

Firstly if scared to speak directly, you may joke at his cheapness. He should feel some sort of embarrassment. If he doesn't change, then you need to sit him down. At the end of the day there comes a time where you stand up for your family. It is your area, he is forced to shape up, as without you he probably has no idea how to get back to the airport. If he doesn't, then just throw him out and he can find his own way back. Why is there a need to respect/help someone, who has shown no respect to you? I am sure the sister-in-law doesn't want to keep him around, so why protect him? Bill him for what you think he owes you and take him to the airport. If he refuses, well then he can walk. 

I think people can probably believe the story, they just cannot believe how you reacted to it. So people automatically think the story must not be true. 

1 hour ago, wildewillie89 said:

I think people can probably believe the story, they just cannot believe how you reacted to it. So people automatically think the story must not be true. 

What I can't believe is why anyone in their right mind would marry someone who has a sister who is a prostitute. Especially when they are apparently a young "28 yrs old" dude.

12 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

What I can't believe is why anyone in their right mind would marry someone who has a sister who is a prostitute. Especially when they are apparently a young "28 yrs old" dude.

I fail to see what the sister of the wife has to do with anything .Also Prostitute is a strong term ,with different continuations in Thailand .

4 minutes ago, anto said:

Also Prostitute is a strong term ,with different continuations in Thailand .

What do you mean it's a strong term? And the OP has mentioned numerous times in his post that the sister is a prostitute.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

What do you mean it's a strong term? And the OP has mentioned numerous times in his post that the sister is a prostitute.

>>What do you mean<<

Prostitute is a word that i never heard a Thai person use .

34 minutes ago, anto said:

>>What do you mean<<

Prostitute is a word that i never heard a Thai person use .

You mean in English? I've heard them say it in English and many of the different variations in the Thai language.

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

You mean in English? I've heard them say it in English and many of the different variations in the Thai language.

Also, sexpats never use that word.

They prefer to call them bar girls, BG, girlfriend, ladies, the girls.

I wonder why?

4 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Also, sexpats never use that word.

They prefer to call them bar girls, BG, girlfriend, ladies, the girls.

I wonder why?

They want to run away from the truth and sugercoat it. Call a spade a spade :)

9 hours ago, anto said:

I fail to see what the sister of the wife has to do with anything .Also Prostitute is a strong term ,with different continuations in Thailand .

Totally agree. Unfair to black ball others in the family because of work choice of sister Toy. Strange thinking !

9 minutes ago, neeray said:

Totally agree. Unfair to black ball others in the family because of work choice of sister Toy. Strange thinking !

Yes I am sure the rest of the family is totally opposed against the whoring, and refuses to accept a single satang from their black sheep.

Archived