Cheap Charlie on holidays at its best

howard ashoul

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can appreciate the OP's situation...I usually try to make guests feel at home and welcomed...if they abuse my kindness, I simply don't have them back...about the guest's assets...I doubt that he is really well-off...Thailand has a bad habit of attracting many farang that try way to hard to impress others...

8 hours ago, NickJ said:

So for once the shoe was on the other foot............

Doubt it was for once. Many bar workers are promised the moon by customers and end up with zilch. 

Sex tourists rarely qualify for much sympathy whatever the result of their ventures.

Your writing skills are better than your verbal communication skills with the knuckle head, Adam.

Perhaps you should have written him a long letter outlining his dysfunctions and instructing him to leave in the beginning,  immediately. 

My wife's nephew had the Thai habit of just walking in our kitchen a going straight to the fridge. On several occasions he managed to drink my last beer. "What?" i hear you say "does a chap not know that its not good form to drink a mans last beer?"

My revenge was that i bought two large bottles of lao kaow. I dont drink the stuff, so i poured one down the sink and filled it with water. I released the top off the second bottles and poured it into a glass, and added a serious amount of vinegar into it. When he came to the house, i got the wife to tell him that the felang wanted to challenge him to drink the glass of Lao faster than i could. With a smile he agreed. We both took our glasses, and on ning,song,sam  we drained the glasses. his face went puce, he couldn't understand what had happened. I had to laugh, but he never touched my last beer again, and had to admit to losing face to a felang who was able to drain a glass of loa koaw. This also worked on my wifes great fat daughter, when she stole my coffee milk out of the fridge, the carton had previously been laced with vinegar also.My little treats to myself are now always in the fridge when i want them

5 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I released the top off the second bottles and poured it into a glass, and added a serious amount of vinegar into it. When he came to the house, i got the wife to tell him that the felang wanted to challenge him to drink the glass of Lao faster than i could. With a smile he agreed.

hmmmm .... good job,    but wouldn't it be easier just to tell him enough is enough and don't drink my beer again  ....

4 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

My wife's nephew had the Thai habit of just walking in our kitchen a going straight to the fridge. On several occasions he managed to drink my last beer. "What?" i hear you say "does a chap not know that its not good form to drink a mans last beer?"

My revenge was that i bought two large bottles of lao kaow. I dont drink the stuff, so i poured one down the sink and filled it with water. I released the top off the second bottles and poured it into a glass, and added a serious amount of vinegar into it. When he came to the house, i got the wife to tell him that the felang wanted to challenge him to drink the glass of Lao faster than i could. With a smile he agreed. We both took our glasses, and on ning,song,sam  we drained the glasses. his face went puce, he couldn't understand what had happened. I had to laugh, but he never touched my last beer again, and had to admit to losing face to a felang who was able to drain a glass of loa koaw. This also worked on my wifes great fat daughter, when she stole my coffee milk out of the fridge, the carton had previously been laced with vinegar also.My little treats to myself are now always in the fridge when i want them

That's dreadful what you did .I would keep the vinegar well away from you .

Fictitious?

Even the dumbest Isaan bar girl would have sussed out a cheap Charlie and never have invited him home. Having failed to extradite money from his ATM card, she would have ditched him in a New York minute.

If the story is to be believed, this is a bar girl family who have snagged one Brit already and would know the ropes. Sorry, just does not sound true.

Good reading however and having started the thread, Mr Howard has not posted on it again.

10 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Fictitious?

Even the dumbest Isaan bar girl would have sussed out a cheap Charlie and never have invited him home. Having failed to extradite money from his ATM card, she would have ditched him in a New York minute.

If the story is to be believed, this is a bar girl family who have snagged one Brit already and would know the ropes. Sorry, just does not sound true.

Good reading however and having started the thread, Mr Howard has not posted on it again.

You have a rather twisted mind .Not all bar girls are that sharp .Some are quite naive  .Mr Fat Brit was paying her up until they reached Issarn her home ,when he suddenly decided he was doing her a favour by just bringing her there /

32 minutes ago, anto said:

You have a rather twisted mind .Not all bar girls are that sharp .Some are quite naive  .Mr Fat Brit was paying her up until they reached Issarn her home ,when he suddenly decided he was doing her a favour by just bringing her there /

I guess the girls in the 70s and 80s were smarter then. All the ones I ever met had minds like super computers when it came to money.

Still waiting to hear back from Mr Howard.

Just now, Flustered said:

I guess the girls in the 70s and 80s were smarter then. All the ones I ever met had minds like super computers when it came to money.

Still waiting to hear back from Mr Howard.

its just such obvious click bait but it has 4 pages of replies

so its done its job,

10 minutes ago, kaorop said:

its just such obvious click bait but it has 4 pages of replies

so its done its job,

I believe his story .Met a similar Aussie recently .Similar age fat and boasting of his wealth ,but complaining about the price of everything when Australia is 10 times more expensive  for the things he was complaining about .It was funny in a way and i only had to endure his company for one evening .He tried to meet again but by my phone went dead on him .

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Is he British? Or have I missed something, I got the impression that he is not a Native English Speaker, may he's

an Indian, and that's why the OP called him Adam.:cheesy:

Indians, Chinese, etc usually dont take bar prostitues as girlfriends or wives and go visiting the family in Isaan. This is mostly done by farangs.

First time I went to issan with a woman she took me to the market and I spent 2000 baht including 580 baht for case of Leo beer.  fish pork chicken vegetables fruit. I was a little shocked and ticked off that I was paying the entire tab. Then we went back to her home and the women cooked for 3 hours and 50 ish people ate and drank all night. They supplied the white alcohol not me. Ended up being a great night and some people were joyous and thanked me and some were a little jealous and some were not fans of farangs but fans of free food and Leo. But for 2000 baht I have to say it was a great evening for me and I learned a little bit about issan society and myself. I went back to see them again for dinner and the mom insisted that they kill 3 chickens and I not buy meat for the second dinner. Beer I bought because I wanted it. Those three chickens were worth a lot to them so that is one reason I hate to hear Thai bashing. There are some really good people in Issan and of course the others. Don't want to diminish the tradegy of those men that lost their life savings to issan woman( as I saw many new village homes both occupied by married people and unoccupied by any farang)but issan has many nice locals mixed in with the others just like the expats I know in BKK. 

1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

First time I went to issan with a woman she took me to the market and I spent 2000 baht including 580 baht for case of Leo beer.  fish pork chicken vegetables fruit. I was a little shocked and ticked off that I was paying the entire tab. Then we went back to her home and the women cooked for 3 hours and 50 ish people ate and drank all night. They supplied the white alcohol not me. Ended up being a great night and some people were joyous and thanked me and some were a little jealous and some were not fans of farangs but fans of free food and Leo. But for 2000 baht I have to say it was a great evening for me and I learned a little bit about issan society and myself. I went back to see them again for dinner and the mom insisted that they kill 3 chickens and I not buy meat for the second dinner. Beer I bought because I wanted it. Those three chickens were worth a lot to them so that is one reason I hate to hear Thai bashing. There are some really good people in Issan and of course the others. Don't want to diminish the tradegy of those men that lost their life savings to issan woman( as I saw many new village homes both occupied by married people and unoccupied by any farang)but issan has many nice locals mixed in with the others just like the expats I know in BKK. 

Good post .I am money challenged currently her in Chiang mai ,but my Thai wife who i helped out for 8 years and her friends are helping me .So its not always a case of no money no honey .

5 hours ago, anto said:

That's dreadful what you did .I would keep the vinegar well away from you .

Dreadful may be, but it cured the problem.I never walked into his house and did the same thing. There are some Thai traditions that i dont agree with. I live in a village, and i wont have them thinking i am an easy touch.With Thais, a one off soon becomes an acceptable habit.And , by the way, this is the son of my wifes sister who borrowed 20,000 b off of her 2 years ago, and has never paid her a baht piece back.

Revenge is a dish best served pickled.:smile:

5 hours ago, Flustered said:

Fictitious?

What's a New York Minute? is it different from a London Minute, or a Kentish half hour, or a Merseyside second, what is it?

Archived