BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

howard ashoul

Cheap Charlie on holidays at its best

12 minutes ago, anto said:

Sounds like stalking .

It's called fun on a humorous thread where the facts don't add up. Wake up man, it's all light hearted and if the OP hasn't complained, why should you? If the OP is offended and says so then I apologise but for now it's all good fun and no rules have been broken. No racist remarks (except the comments on Brits), no homophobic remarks, no flaming and no baiting.

TV lists all FMs posting history, they are all in the public domain and open for viewing. The whole idea of keeping posting history is to enable previous posts to be checked out.

Sometimes I question whether some FMs even have a sense of humour but for someone with over 2,500 posts and only 986 likes, I understand why.

Also, thought you might like to read this.

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

4 minutes ago, getithere328 said:

And where are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am from a country with 11 million inhabitants, 6 (six) governments and a sense of humour. Why?

Furthermore the French and the Dutch say that we are stupid, that we eat potato fries for breakfast lunch and dinner, but our monks are useful as they brew the worlds best beer.

12 minutes ago, Flustered said:

It's called fun on a humorous thread where the facts don't add up. Wake up man, it's all light hearted and if the OP hasn't complained, why should you? If the OP is offended and says so then I apologise but for now it's all good fun and no rules have been broken. No racist remarks (except the comments on Brits), no homophobic remarks, no flaming and no baiting.

TV lists all FMs posting history, they are all in the public domain and open for viewing. The whole idea of keeping posting history is to enable previous posts to be checked out.

Sometimes I question whether some FMs even have a sense of humour but for someone with over 2,500 posts and only 986 likes, I understand why.

Also, thought you might like to read this.

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

Humourous thread ? You dont sound funny to me .As for likes ,who cares ,certainly not me .

4 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I am from a country with 11 million inhabitants, 6 (six) governments and a sense of humour. Why?

Furthermore the French and the Dutch say that we are stupid, that we eat potato fries for breakfast lunch and dinner, but our monks are useful as they brew the worlds best beer.

Belgium 

1 minute ago, anto said:

Belgium 

I don't think that you understand my answer.

I was always fond of the French and Dutch

3 minutes ago, getithere328 said:

I was always fond of the French and Dutch

I will never forgive them for inventing Belgium in 1830.

(for a change, I am very serious now)

2 minutes ago, getithere328 said:

Completely unforgivable

Unless you are Belgian too, you have no idea how unforgivable.

But the topic was about a cheap Charlie on holiday.

Well, I am on holiday in Madeira right now (soon back home in Thailand), and I am such a cheap Charlie that I prefer to have a bottle of (excellent ) Portuguese wine at the apartment rather than to go out.

That is my excuse for posting in this bar forum at this hour. What is your excuse?

11 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

But the topic was about a cheap Charlie on holiday.

Well, I am on holiday in Madeira right now (soon back home in Thailand), and I am such a cheap Charlie that I prefer to have a bottle of (excellent ) Portuguese wine at the apartment rather than to go out.

That is my excuse for posting in this bar forum at this hour.

You really must be plastered from that bottle because this isn't the "bar forum" but the "Issan forum" :smile:

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

You really must be plastered from that bottle because this isn't the "bar forum" but the "Issan forum" :smile:

The entire TVForum is the modern low cost computerized version of a bar.

Men only.

Lots of alcohol.

Extreme opinions, no room for subtlety.

Mods (bar keepers) that have to compromise between more clicks (beer sales) and decent behavior.  

A fruitless attempt to escape from boredom.

The odd philosopher.

Op, thanks for taking the time to write this entertaining story. Despite what others say, I believe it happened as you say. 

Unfortunately, there are "users" like this in the world. Glad your wife had the balls to stand up to him. 

On 6/10/2017 at 6:12 AM, colinneil said:

OP you bored/nothing to occupy your time, that you have time to write a novel.:cheesy:

Agreed.  Sounds like fiction to me as well.

You should have stood up to him about his behavior