Honda Clicki 125 RPM Gauge

aki21

Hi, 

Im new on this forum.

I have a Honda clicki/vario 125 and i wanted to install a RPM Gauge

I tried connecting it, but its not reading it right. 

the gauge I used is the analog one found on ebay or etc.

I did test the guage on my old Suzuki 125 and its reading it correctly.

do you have a way to hook this gauge on an efi MC like this?

I really do appreciate helping me with this one.

its been years and i havent fully installed it on my MC.

Regards,

Aki21. 

Tachometers for EFI use a dedicated signal - usually from a crankshaft sensor which counts the revolutions. There are electronic ones which use the injector pulses to count RPM, and some aftermarket diesel ones use the alternator as a signal source.

An analog one will not work with an EFI system, without some sort of signal. Older ones used a magnet on the flywheel or harmonic balancer,  or you set the tach to the number of teeth on the flywheel, but these have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

In my Suzuki MC, it works when i connected it to the CDI>Ignition coil which is Positive signal

on the Click which is is using ECU, the signal is negative and the common line is positive,

here's the circuit diagram

I tried to look for a cam sensor here on this diagram but its in Thailand, one thing for sure is that the tacho needed a positive signals

I did tried to wrap arround the wire to the HT wire and i did get a signal, however the tach is inacurate since the engine can rev 4-6Krpm but the tach only reads max 3K, it did not happened when I installed it on my suzuki one though,wpid-wiring-ecu-vario-jpg.jpeg?w=1400

"I did tried to wrap arround the wire to the HT wire and i did get a signal, however the tach is inacurate since the engine can rev 4-6Krpm but the tach only reads max 3K, it did not happened when I installed it on my suzuki one though,"

Hmmm.

With mechanical picked doesn't the HT/plug fire twice per 4-cycle.?

TC @ both power and exhaust.?

Older bikes maybe, dunno.

well here's the wiring of the Tach i used.

http://cx500forum.com/forum/attachments/technical-help-forum/16924d1413487685-wiring-aftermarket-tacho-d8208-9.jpg

if im going to rewire and connect the signal to the HIGH voltage side, it may cause electrical shorts on the SP or it may weaken the spark.

as much as possible, i dont want to splice a wire just to add this mod. i hope there is any other way to install this tach.

Archived