Pattaya confirms big changes for beach chair vendors

Rimmer

Pattaya confirms big changes for beach chair vendors

1245-n5Beach1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Pattaya has confirmed new rules for beach chair vendors that will see them kicked off the sand two days a week and confined to smaller spaces the rest of the time.

Pattaya City Council Chairman Anan Ankanawisan and other board members informed the unhappy umbrella dealers of the final rules promulgated on military orders June 1.

Vendors now will be limited one 63-sq.-meter block of sand – instead of renting multiple 49-sq.-meter parcels – on both Pattaya and Jomtien beaches. Whether those vendors will be subject to annual lottery draws to keep their spaces – as proposed earlier – was not announced.

To keep the beach tidy, vendors will be barred from putting out chairs until requested by a customer. They also will have to remove all their chairs, umbrellas and other property from the beach Tuesday night and bring it back Friday morning.

Currently, chairs are banned on Wednesdays, but vendors can stack their belongings near the footpath.

The new rules – part of the military’s push to eliminate private use of public property and restore beaches to a more-natural state – were condemned by the chair dealers.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-confirms-big-changes-beach-chair-vendors-177207

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-06-10

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that new rules and regulations are quite unnecessary, keep the area tidy

and clean, yes, don't be hostile to people who just want to lay on the sand,

yes, keep prices reasonable, yes, the other rearrangements are too much

hassle for everyone, I want to come to the beach and seat right away and not

wait for the chair to set up...

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

All that new rules and regulations are quite unnecessary, keep the area tidy

and clean, yes, don't be hostile to people who just want to lay on the sand,

yes, keep prices reasonable, yes, the other rearrangements are too much

hassle for everyone, I want to come to the beach and seat right away and not

wait for the chair to set up...

ezzra

We are in thailand where reasoning and common sense do not exist,hence the new rules........the only people to blame for this are the beach vendors (mafia) themselves,the beaches here belong to the King and for people to enjoy not for a bunch of crooks to use as an exclusive  cash machine :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I will be happy to see less ugly furniture on the beaches here, particularly as most of it rarely gets used. Perhaps finally the beaches will be attractive again.

The chair vendor on Jomtien Beach I have gone to for years have been there over 30 years. Which I would think was long before you came along. Thailand has hundreds of miles of isolated beaches. Why the hell did you not choose to settle by one of them? 

On 10/6/2560 at 0:30 PM, champers said:

The small traders in Thailand are getting a good kicking from this regime. Who is next in their sights?

Very true. I think an elected government is well over due. A little accountability never killed anyone.

On 10/06/2017 at 0:16 PM, pegman said:

The chair vendor on Jomtien Beach I have gone to for years have been there over 30 years. Which I would think was long before you came along. Thailand has hundreds of miles of isolated beaches. Why the hell did you not choose to settle by one of them? 

I predate your chair vendor by at least 5 years if not more.

Why dont I live in the sticks? Because I dont want to.

To see a correctly organised beach just drive down to Ban Amphur which is only a few miles away and not isolated at all. All the deckchairs are in one area and most of the beach is empty of them and tidy. So it's easy enough to choose whether you want deckchairs or nature there.

One way to up the trade at the local hospital and medi tourism. Sunstroke kills you know.

But is it a case of trying to keep the tourists on the resorts, so they will not see the appalling mess the country is in?

So its Airport (Corrupt) Road to Resort (The Killing Fields) Resort (Prison).

we have several jet ski dudes who rope and hoist all their chairs into a tree everynight..the fact they care gives me hope... city comes by more often to sweep and p/u the littler....small steps..

On 6/10/2017 at 0:16 PM, pegman said:

There were no chairs there 30 years ago though

Congrats pattaya you have achieved the objective of removing the last few expats in pattaya who enjoy the beaches daytimes, these clowns in charge will wake up one morning with the place totally shut down. The only people who troll these threads are the people that believe soi 6 IS Pattaya and why would anyone come here for any other reason. RIP Pattaya Ive had enough of the stupidity..... 150+ trips over and out for me

On 10/06/2017 at 0:16 PM, pegman said:

Maybe because wherever tourists will settle , chair vendor will pop up  like bees on flowers.

the replies to this topic are quite all from people related to the chair business, only that people like the beach in the crazy way with the mouses colonizing the beach in the night using the parked chairs as home.

10 hours ago, Chivas said:

Congrats pattaya you have achieved the objective of removing the last few expats in pattaya who enjoy the beaches daytimes, these clowns in charge will wake up one morning with the place totally shut down.

Perhaps the arrangement in Ban Amphur would suit you better?

I see no reason why it could not be implemented on Jomtien and Pattaya beaches.

13 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Perhaps the arrangement in Ban Amphur would suit you better?

I see no reason why it could not be implemented on Jomtien and Pattaya beaches.

what....??  in addition dont selectively edit my posts in future thank you

Who wants to pack a blanket, a pillow,  and other stuff in a rucksack just to go to the beach ? And have a lot sand to take care of in the condo...Yes it's 40 baht..but sometimes I just take a walk and  suddenly decide to sit on the beach with a cold drink.. I don't understand what the problem is..

On 2017-6-10 at 5:08 AM, petermik said:

ezzra

We are in thailand where reasoning and common sense do not exist,hence the new rules........the only people to blame for this are the beach vendors (mafia) themselves,the beaches here belong to the King and for people to enjoy not for a bunch of crooks to use as an exclusive  cash machine :thumbsup:

The beach belongs to the people. And the people are renting out space on that beach. 

19 hours ago, Chivas said:

what....??  in addition dont selectively edit my posts in future thank you

As I mentioned, the beach in Ban Amphur is quite well organised with one section for deckchairs and commerce and another larger section that is entirely natural (apart from a path). Perhaps you would find that arrangement suitable? I do.

I didnt quote the rest of your post because I wasnt related to what I was replying to.

9 hours ago, bobobo said:

Who wants to pack a blanket, a pillow,  and other stuff in a rucksack just to go to the beach ? And have a lot sand to take care of in the condo...Yes it's 40 baht..but sometimes I just take a walk and  suddenly decide to sit on the beach with a cold drink.. I don't understand what the problem is..

Is it only 40 baht to rent one of those beach chairs? I thought they were about 100 baht?

6 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Is it only 40 baht to rent one of those beach chairs? I thought they were about 100 baht?

40 baht bottom sois 4/5 on pattaya beach.....one or two others are 50

16 hours ago, bobobo said:

nailed it mate.....the buffoons running pattaya will wake up shortly when theres no one else left and think what went wrong.....absolutely clueless......can you IMAGINE this same scenario on any Med Beach they'd look at you and think you've escaped from an asylum

A pillow? Really?
There are countless tourist hot spots the world over without deck chairs.
They are still packed with tourists. You just take a beach towel and a book and that's it! Shake the towel when finished and roll it up and your done

So much drama on TV.

Archived