Thai police arrive in nick of time as extortionists threaten to cut up Japanese businessman

rooster59

57 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I didn't know there were any Yakuza in Thailand. Never heard of any issues with the Japanese here, they are usually very hard-working and polite.

I'm sure they said sorry after every blow. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TPI said:

Now there's the question, maybe the "top brass" have an answer?? :wai:

of course, none of them could or would be involved,

in the immortal words of Ralph Wiggums: "that's unpossible"

:saai:

hmmm, speaking of endangered expats w/lots of money, has there been any more news re killers of that that British boiler room scammer in Pattaya few months back? haven't seen any news reports here or elsewhere for months

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

I didn't know there were any Yakuza in Thailand. Never heard of any issues with the Japanese here, they are usually very hard-working and polite.

Duhh!  read it again, several Japanese are being questioned, and there are airlines operating between Japan and Thailand.

1 hour ago, lkv said:

Examples:

1. Japanese working for a Japanese subsidiary located in Chaeng Watthana

2. Japanese businessman meeting supplier (Thai company) located there.

3. Anybody heard of Impact? That's located not far from Chaeng Watthana Road. They had an international food expo last week.

To suggest business people should hang around or reside only in Sukhumvit is nonsense. All industrial areas (factories etc) are on the outskirts.

Chaeng Wattana is a very convenient location for certain people. It is close to Don Mueang, the Don Mueang Tollway which leads north to Pahonyothin Rd, which passes the huge Navanakorn Industrial Estate a few kms north of Future Park.   There are many Japanese companies located at that Park. It is convenient for the  C.W. government offices also.

Going north on DM tollway in the AM, traffic is lighter than southbound lanes and vice versa in the PM. There are also a number of Karaoke bars, which cater to a large Japanese presence,  near the Manhattan Hotel Soi 42, Klong Luang, PathumThani.  I hope he recovers from his injuries and the real story comes out.

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I can think of one case off the top of my head a couple of years ago reported here on TV..it was up in Chiang Rai where a Yakuza gang member and his team were arrested in a drug 'sting'!

17 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

should put to bed those here that think this is NOT a dangerous place

I 've lived here for 16 years and I don't think Thailand is a dangerous country. Having said that, certain parts of Thailand are dangerous as are certain parts of any of the big cities, especially tourist oriented places, if you don't know the area.

England is a safe country except for the inner city areas and town centres where trouble often lurks. 

9 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Yakuza, Thai mafia, Chinese tongs, Russian mafia, Camorra... the list goes on and on. Staying off their radar would appear to be the best choice for the average citizen.

So the rest of the Sicilian mafia is fine for the average citizen to keep on their radars like the Cosa Nostra, Ndrangheta and Sacra Corona Unita, only the Camorra one isn't.

5 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Super scary. How did the police know to arrive on time?

Police managed to trace one of the abductors who was seen out in a Toyota Vios buying things near the end of Sukhumvit Soi 26. He was arrested and taken back to an apartment in Soi Ekamai Soi 23.

Good luck (for Mr Watanabe) I guess.

28 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I 've lived here for 16 years and I don't think Thailand is a dangerous country. Having said that, certain parts of Thailand are dangerous as are certain parts of any of the big cities, especially tourist oriented places, if you don't know the area.

England is a safe country except for the inner city areas and town centres where trouble often lurks. 

These were Japanese going to kill a Japanese.  Japan must be a dangerous country.  Or maybe not if the Yakuza do all their dirty work overseas.    On your guard if you hear English or Canadian voices

6 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realise that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

(Q) How can 1-one mosquito manage to land on 2-two testicles in 1-one go?

(A) It must be a rather huge mosquito or very small testicles...

(Q) Does it exit mosquitos of such size?

(A) No....;)

7 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

t's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realise that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence .

I like this one ha ha:smile:

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

So the rest of the Sicilian mafia is fine for the average citizen to keep on their radars like the Cosa Nostra, Ndrangheta and Sacra Corona Unita, only the Camorra one isn't.

Did I say that? No, you did. If you want to demonstrate your superior knowledge of the names of criminal organisations, go ahead. Permit me to doubt it adds much to the thread content.

13 hours ago, tonywillo said:

If there's a lot of money involved as the article says the "top brass" will all over this like pigs to a trough 

Thanks for the relevant input. Please, for the love of God, don´t say that it was good that the police rescued a man who´s life was in danger.

13 hours ago, Moti24 said:

"Three Japanese men are helping police with their enquiries at Thong Lor police station in a case that a top brass officer said involves a lot of money."

Of course there's a lot of money involved!  You don't think the top brass would leave it to mere underlings!

Again! Another comment that´s purely irrelevant. If a lot of money is involved and it regards a case that will be covered by media. What is strange. Top of the police in any country would like a case like that.

13 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

What´s scary is that you don´t understand the good in that. They actually saved a man from being tortured and eventually killed. How do you look at it when you suddenly know that?

12 hours ago, needforspeed said:

On time was if they arrived before they beaten him with a baseball bat.

Oh yes! Forgot that. Another negative mindset. How would you like it to be? Before you were dead or after? I think you know the answer.

12 hours ago, TPI said:

Now there's the question, maybe the "top brass" have an answer?? :wai:

No, they not have any answers yet. They have to conclude an investigation. That´s how police work is done. You on the other hand seems to have all the answers, but refusesto shed some light on what you are really implying. That´s really suspicious!

19 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

This would make it sound like the police were fairly well on to it...still you never know. Well done to them if they did crack the case by good police work.

" Police became aware of the case on Wednesday when his Thai wife and a friend reported his disappearance tyo 191 and Thong Lor police.

A ransom attempt had already been made and matters seemed to have taken a serious turn, reported Thai Rath.

Police managed to trace one of the abductors who was seen out in a Toyota Vios buying things near the end of Sukhumvit Soi 26. He was arrested and taken back to an apartment in Soi Ekamai Soi 23."

19 hours ago, bbi1 said:

:cheesy: A certain Japanese restaurant in Chiang Mai is run by complete caricatures  of the above, heavily tattooed Oji-sans (older guys) in Tracksuits. The food wasn't anything special and I notice they never seem to have customers although it has been open for years and years. Perhaps they are up to something else?!:cheesy:

The salary men usually reside in Sukhumvit area. A businessman residing in Chaengwattana area is out of the norm.

Not at all. Nichida Thani exits onto Chaengwattana, tons of well heeled expats live there.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

I know a lot of Thai policeman are not respected and some deserve a lack of respect for sure. But in this case the Thai police saved a man's life and saved him from presumably a terrible death. So give the Thai police some credit for a job well done in this case. 

Archived