66 under-age drinkers rounded up in raid on popular Suphan Buri pub

rooster59

66 under-age drinkers rounded up in raid on popular Suphan Buri pub

By The Nation

Interior Ministry officials raided a popular pub in the heart of Suphan Buri province late Friday night and detained 66 underage pub-goers.

The raid at Discovery Pub in the Muang district shortly after midnight on Saturday was led by Piriya Chanthadilok, director of the Investigation and Litigation Division of the Provincial Administration Department, and Suphan Buri assistant governor Theerachai Thossaros.

The official found that the pub was jam-packed and 66 of them were under 20 years old, the legal age to enter a pub. Of the 66, 24 were under 18 years old. The authorities also found that 84 of those in the pub did not carry an ID card.

Small amounts of crystal meth and ketamine drug were found on the dance floor and in front of toilet rooms. Ten pub-goers tested positive for drug use.

The pub owner was charged with allowing people under 20 and selling them alcoholic drinks.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30317715

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-10

Just now, Ramen087 said:

why is that disturbing?

Google how many drugs give a false positive on an initial urine screening, then figure it will take a week or two or longer for the more expensive test to exonerate you, during which time you'll either be a lot poorer for cash, or a guest of the local hoosegow.

My Thai doctor has warned me to stay out of bars for that very reason.  He said the sophisticated tests would exonerate me, but it will take a long time to get those results.  Good news is that I stay out of bars anyway.  Some folks don't.

Just now, impulse said:

Google how many drugs give a false positive on an initial urine screening, then figure it will take a week or two or longer for the more expensive test to exonerate you, during which time you'll either be a lot poorer for cash, or a guest of the local hoosegow.

My Thai doctor has warned me to stay out of bars for that very reason.  He said the sophisticated tests would exonerate me, but it will take a long time to get those results.  Good news is that I stay out of bars anyway.  Some folks don't.

I don't do drugs (especially controlled substances in SEA)  unless I have a prescription from a doctor so I don't give a rip... but thanks anyway

3 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

I don't do drugs (especially controlled substances in SEA)  unless I have a prescription from a doctor so I don't give a rip... but thanks anyway

Good luck with that.  I'm hoping you don't take ibuprofen or benadryl or vitamin B2...or any one of a few dozen other OTC meds or common foods:

http://www.askdocweb.com/falsepositives.html

2 hours ago, impulse said:

I have heard that sometimes they tell foreigners to leave and only test the Thai people.

13 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

you worry too much...

Maybe so.  But my objective is to remind visitors that you're not in Kansas any more, and you left behind the rules and protections you grew up with when your plane landed.

11 hours ago, impulse said:

Maybe so.  But my objective is to remind visitors that you're not in Kansas any more, and you left behind the rules and protections you grew up with when your plane landed.

I have never forgotten I am a guest in a strange land where the deck is stacked against me. We agree on that.

7 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

I have never forgotten I am a guest in a strange land where the deck is stacked against me. We agree on that.

That puts you ahead of a lot of newbies fresh off the boat airplane with no experience of Thailand other than the travel blog photos of 150 passed out hard bodies after a full moon party.  

Not hard to see how someone would get the idea that the rules about mind altering substances are looser than they really are...

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

That puts you ahead of a lot of newbies fresh off the boat airplane with no experience of Thailand other than the travel blog photos of 150 passed out hard bodies after a full moon party.  

Not hard to see how someone would get the idea that the rules about mind altering substances are looser than they really are...

To all <deleted> on holiday --->>  If you act like a knob in a foreign land, I have zero sympathy for you...

Just now, Ramen087 said:

To all <deleted> on holiday --->>  If you act like a knob in a foreign land, I have zero sympathy for you...

I have some sympathy for them.  But that's not going to help them...

Archived