What gift to buy for my life saver in pool ?

susanschwaiger

18 hours ago, cruisemonkey said:

Two years ago in khao Lak I pulled a ten-year-old Chinese kid off the bottom of the deep end of a pool, got him over to the side and out. He was unconscious with no respiration or pulse. After two cycles of CPR, he puked in my mouth and disgorged (what seemed like) several gallons of water from his lungs, stomach and sinuses. His heart started, he started breathing and 'came to'. The parents brought me a can of Singha and three cans of Chang from the store when they came back from taking him to the clinic. The resort gave me a complimentary fruit plate.

but you did not rescue the boy to be rewarded , out of instinct only and for me the biggest reward was that you saved his life , brilliant , how did you know CPR ? had you had training coz I know that it has to be carried out correctly , especially with children . Well done

Yesterday, I went to Centara and searched out the lifeguard who saved my life. Expressed many thanks to him and gave him a Red Bag with several  thousands bhat. Later also send an email to hotel about this. Today,  I will print out the letter  give the hard copy to the manager there.  (Double safe :)))

........I restarted learning swimming 1 month ago, by myself and Youtube :))   Now I can raise head above water regularly and change breath. But I get exhausted very soon. In fact , I am a quite sporty person, but in water, I feel so hard to float up. Not sure if this is due to my size: 166cm , 47KG...  Some say stout person float much easier than skinny ones.....or, the skinny ones needs much higher frequency of moments to keep above water... I'm always amazed when seeing heavy people floating  easily with so little movements (or no moments at all )....    I did  learn swimming in the past for several times, but always gave up in depression.  Anyway, this year, I must complete this target ....

17 minutes ago, susanschwaiger said:

Yesterday, I went to Centara and searched out the lifeguard who saved my life. Expressed many thanks to him and gave him a Red Bag with several  thousands bhat. Later also send an email to hotel about this. Today,  I will print out the letter  give the hard copy to the manager there.  (Double safe :)))

........I restarted learning swimming 1 month ago, by myself and Youtube :))   Now I can raise head above water regularly and change breath. But I get exhausted very soon. In fact , I am a quite sporty person, but in water, I feel so hard to float up. Not sure if this is due to my size: 166cm , 47KG...  Some say stout person float much easier than skinny ones.....or, the skinny ones needs much higher frequency of moments to keep above water... I'm always amazed when seeing heavy people floating  easily with so little movements (or no moments at all )....    I did  learn swimming in the past for several times, but always gave up in depression.  Anyway, this year, I must complete this target ....

You'll be fine........swimming is all about confidence.......relax & have fun......

4 minutes ago, DD13 said:

You'll be fine........swimming is all about confidence.......relax & have fun......

Correct , panic and swimming do not go together . It is much easier for children to learn to swim than it is for an adult . Children when very young do not have the fear factor that an adult does . As  hyku 1147 says  swimming lessons with a qualified instructor will ease the fears you have .

Good luck  and keep us posted on your progress 

2 hours ago, superal said:

... how did you know CPR ? had you had training coz I know that it has to be carried out correctly , especially with children . 

Yes, I had training: Red Cross, St. John's Ambulance and constantly during 20 years at sea as a Canadian Coast Guard officer.

Just now, cruisemonkey said:

Yes, I had training: Red Cross, St. John's Ambulance and constantly during 20 years at sea as a Canadian Coast Guard officer.

right man right place 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:13 PM, stephen tracy said:

I think that's a bit tacky, I would go for tolsti's suggestion.  And maybe some kind of nice gift and a card, but not cash. 

Thais love to receive envelopes with money especially as gifts for weddings, funerals, graduations, birthdays etc. There is nothing tacky about receiving cash and he will truly appreciate it.

Archived