Laem Son National Park in breach of the National Park Act

dfdgfdfdgs

The National Park Headquarters of the Laem Son National Park, at Bang Ben beach, Ranong, have thousands of shells in the construction of the national park building/s.

I've attached a couple of photos.  Anybody can go and see for themselves, once they've paid the 200 baht of course.

NATIONAL PARK ACT,
B.E. 2504:

Section 16     Within the national park, no person shall :    (3) Take out animals or do by any means whatsoever things endangering the animals :

Section 4     (4) “Animal” means all kinds of animals including all parts thereof, and things obtained from or produced by the animals

I wouldn't usually notice or care about this sort of thing, but I did think it odd that a National Park would do this, and I've read about other people being prosecuted for this - remember the tourist lady who was charged and jailed (because she couldn't pay the bail money) because she picked up a shell from the sea floor whilst on a snorkeling/diving trip?  What about the Muktawan 1 meditation facility at Koh Yao Noi who were charged for breaching a different act (Wild Animal Reservation and Protection Act B.E. 2533regarding the dead coral they had collected and used in decoration (not in or anywhere close to a national park, by the way)?

GOPR0536.JPG

GOPR0537.JPG

Archived