Starting a TEFL Training School in Bangkok - Easy, Difficult, Illegal?

Sorry if this isn't the correct forum to ask this but over the last 6 months I have thought seriously about opening a TEFL training school in Bangkok. I've been in the industry for years so I think it could be successful but I can't seem to find information about how to actually register/become a training centre. I even read somewhere that it's impossible/illegal to register as a TEFL training centre in Bangkok due to some law that was passed 10+ years ago. There's over 10+ TEFL schools here already though and I'm sure they're not illegal. Does anyone know anything about this?

I think the first question you need to answer is "what qualifications do you need to be able to confer internationally recognized certifications" ?

Do you know what a TEFL curriculum should teach ? What about standards ? Who regulates TEFL certs ?

The school building needs to be licensed as a non-formal school by the Ministry of Education.

To issue certificates, you need to have a curriculum for TEFL teaching/training attached to the license.

The above is to be legal in Thailand.

TEFL accreditation is separate to this. There isn't one world-wide accreditation organization. However, employers are usually happy with a certificate from a legal school that offered 120 hours of onsite training with 6 observed teaching practices with real students and some sort of affiliation with an international organization..

Archived