"Motiveless" attack as Indian tourist and Thai girlfriend left battered in Pattaya

webfact

"Motiveless" attack as Indian tourist and Thai girlfriend left battered in Pattaya

3pm.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

PATTAYA: -- A news video showed the aftermath of a street attack on a 26 year old Indian tourist and his Thai girlfriend in Pattaya on Monday morning.

The couple were set upon by three or four Thai men who jumped out of a pick-up truck as they walked back in the area of the Sun City Hotel in Bang Lamung.

The couple - Deepankar Dohare who suffered a head wound and bruising and his unnamed girlfriend who was also hurt - said they had no idea what it was all about.

Deepankar was pictured with blood on his white shirt after the attack.

A security guard at the scene confirmed that the pick-up had been driven at speed onto the footpath and several men got out and attacked the couple. They then sped off into the night.

Police are checking CCTV and will re-interview the couple to see if there was in fact a reason for the attack such as an argument over a girl or some personal dispute.

But for now the couple were sticking to their story that they had done nothing to cause any trouble, reported Siamchon News.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-13

yet another attack on a Pattaya tourist???!!...oh c'mon...Thailand is safer then Irak, will the trolls say!

ok I was never uneasy to travel here and there, but definately, reading on these numerous agressions within the last 48 hours in Pattays -  if I want to drink and screw my head off, I'll rather hop over to another Asian country for 48 hours with Air Asia but definately not to Pattaya any more!!...

But on a different note, perhaps it's a subtle way to "clean" up Pattaya by discouraging tourists with their cash, to come over?

Thailand used to be a friendly and great place to visit, but the last 5 years or so it has gone downhill fast. You get the feeling,when traveling in Thailand now,that the people are more aggressive in every way. The smile that was Thailands trademark,no longer reaches the eyes,now it's just a grimace. Greed and envy is destroying the country,sadly....

My wife and I were in Vientiane one night and the local bad boys started spitting and snarling as we walked past.  We hadn't even looked at these miscreants so absolutely no motive was provided for the reaction to our presence.

Every bone in my body urged me to smash their faces in. 

I saw sense and walked on by [still would have loved to floored and kicked the main protagonist in the face].  In the UK I would have had no hesitation.  I hope karma came back and got them on another day.

2 hours ago, Here It Is said:

My wife and I were in Vientiane one night and the local bad boys started spitting and snarling as we walked past.  We hadn't even looked at these miscreants so absolutely no motive was provided for the reaction to our presence.

Every bone in my body urged me to smash their faces in. 

I saw sense and walked on by [still would have loved to floored and kicked the main protagonist in the face].  In the UK I would have had no hesitation.  I hope karma came back and got them on another day.

I am surprised this happened in Vientiane (capital of Laos), I lived there for over a year back in 2000, and I find the people there very humble and nice , never looking for a fight . I opened a cafe there with my Laos girl friend.

1 minute ago, samsensam said:

of course there is, when did a thai journalist ever bother to do in depth research or check facts of a story

perhapsit is due to the fact that it's the cops who off-duty do part-time in the press?:cheesy:

10 hours ago, just.a.thought said:

Thailand used to be a friendly and great place to visit, but the last 5 years or so it has gone downhill fast. You get the feeling,when traveling in Thailand now,that the people are more aggressive in every way. The smile that was Thailands trademark,no longer reaches the eyes,now it's just a grimace. Greed and envy is destroying the country,sadly....

It has gotten tougher. I used to go 2 or 3 times a year starting back in 2004.  Then I tailored off to one time a year.  Now I skipped the last year.  I remember many late nights walking back to my hotel in the off season, second road was quiet.  No worries.  The only robbery attempt is one young lady on her motorbike made a u turn got off the bike and tried to "help" me.  She not doubt thought I was drunk.  Big surprise to her that I basically don't drink and while I may have looked distracted I was simply meandering taking in the cool night air.  My money and things were tightly away inside an inner pocket and her groping and obvious robbery attempt was simply dismissed and I moved on.  I remember on a couple of trips I got in to BKK late at night about 130 am and took a taxi down to pattaya, checked in to my hotel and it was fun to go up and down soi 7 and 8.  Sure the bars were "closed", the lights were out or dimmed.  But still plenty of places to pull up a chair have a chat, a drink, etc. Amazing over the years how heavy the traffic has gotten, especially after the Bangkok floods.  I think anybody that wanted a city with some infrastructure moved to the Pattaya area.  Soi Yume up behind Carre 4, yes I know Big C now was a quiet little street, not solid concrete like it is now.  My friend used to stay at Nantana Gardens there.  Quiet out of the way place at a good price and easy to get to on motorbike.  The tree butchering along Beach road.  The North side of Beach road used to have flower gardens that were very pretty.  The walkway around the point to Naklua was still up.   Could sit on the benches and things along second road.  No stadium lights.  A shame. 

9 hours ago, madusa said:

I am surprised this happened in Vientiane (capital of Laos), I lived there for over a year back in 2000, and I find the people there very humble and nice , never looking for a fight . I opened a cafe there with my Laos girl friend.

That was 17 years ago though. Things may have changed a lot there as well. I'm not saying you are wrong.

Pattaya was very different 17 years ago as well.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

a pick up with Thais doesn't just stop to pick fights with anyone walking along the street.   More to this ....  I would say a customers suit wasn't a good fit .......

Ill tell you whats "more to it': : There are too many Thai males in Pattaya. And by the way how many young Thai males buy suits from Indians around here ??

Your dreaming Bud.

the pattaya 20ish male is not a true example of a cival  thai male..pattaya thugs are the lowest,uneducated,filled with rage with backing never more than 5 seconds away.and yet lately, they have somehow sunk even lower.they seem to lash out at Indians more than others, mabey Indians are an easy peaceful target,mabey they have had an experience with an indian barginer ..mabey pattaya thugs have no where to go now ,but up...I doubt it though

Archived