Advice Needed. Tires. Bridgestone vs Dunlop vs Toyo vs Yokohama

9 hours ago, transam said:

How do you know my TEN year old Vigo is tired, you know the ride that has the same engine as the other Vigo's and Fortuner's a year back. The ride that has only 100k on the clock, doesn't burn oil, no rattles, knocks, squeaks, and can burn rubber off the line with an auto box..?

Don't let him wind you up he has caught it seems to me Thai hi-so fever.   :laugh:

He has the money OK and wants everyone to know it, well good for him.
I would be happy buying my old 2005 Vigo back if lit was available and wanted too.

Some people have a thing about buying new cars, l don't , dunno about you but maybe that's because l'm a motorcycle person. :thumbsup:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't let him wind you up he has caught it seems to me Thai hi-so fever.   :laugh:

He has the money OK and wants everyone to know it, well good for him.
I would be happy buying my old 2005 Vigo back if lit was available and wanted too.

Some people have a thing about buying new cars, l don't , dunno about you but maybe that's because l'm a motorcycle person. :thumbsup:

Well seems my rides panels are not the same as his latest buy, Drat, hasn't got a daft low ratio first gear and a second overdrive l don't need, and my interior is not the latest design yet we are very comfortable sitting in it...Even the six speaker sound system is fully adjustable to listen to my CD's....The engine noise is exactly the same as the new ride, plus it stops when l stomp on the stop pedal........BUT.....it ain't got low profile tyres to make the ride feel crap....:laugh:

1 minute ago, transam said:

Even the six speaker sound system is fully adjustable to listen to my CD's...

Dunno if l could bear that if it's your recorded singing on the CD's so please give my sympathies to your lovely wife. :laugh:

BTW Looking at the new Toyota Tuna's & pick-ups l wouldn't want one there ugly in my book, l I really like the looks of the Chevy SUV'S, drove the Cockpit outlet owners one nice ride. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, transam said:

You are now talking out yer ass............facepalm.gif.d5febd4f38d15e6ff79c0c87c39f913f.gif

Well let look at what you were offered on the dash either a radio with TAPE or for a bit extra C/D both now obsolete. You could have gone for the full monty Radio with both Tape and C/D. And it's not dated. You must remember I did own one.

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Well seems my rides panels are not the same as his latest buy, Drat, hasn't got a daft low ratio first gear and a second overdrive l don't need, and my interior is not the latest design yet we are very comfortable sitting in it...Even the six speaker sound system is fully adjustable to listen to my CD's....The engine noise is exactly the same as the new ride, plus it stops when l stomp on the stop pedal........BUT.....it ain't got low profile tyres to make the ride feel crap....:laugh:

My post never mentioned my lump's panels was referring to the new Vigo/Revo. You asked what had changed. I told you but as usual you change the whole thing to suite.

Enough of all this drivel. Off out to have a pint and a meal.

23 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Dunno if l could bear that if it's your recorded singing on the CD's so please give my sympathies to your lovely wife. :laugh:

BTW Looking at the new Toyota Tuna's & pick-ups l wouldn't want one there ugly in my book, l I really like the looks of the Chevy SUV'S, drove the Cockpit outlet owners one nice ride. :thumbsup:

Except their dealers seem to close fast - before the vehicle warranty runs out....They are a very weak player here.....Would bet all the solid employees gravitate to the better brand name leaving it difficult to build a strong franchise/dealership/business.....

Also - some of the dumbest drivers/moves I see here consistently seem to be mostly Chevy drivers....

I think they're taking/qualifying a lot of first time buyers to move vehicles....

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

Except their dealers seem to close fast - before the vehicle warranty runs out....They are a very weak player here.....Would bet all the solid employees gravitate to the better brand name leaving it difficult to build a strong franchise/dealership/business.....

Also - some of the dumbest drivers/moves I see here consistently seem to be mostly Chevy drivers....

I think they're taking/qualifying a lot of first time buyers to move vehicles....

With respect I'm not sure, sounds a problem for Chevy if you experienced it your location.

Where l am in Suk there very popular SUV & Saloons alike.

This thread has just turned upside IMO.  :bah:

Who knows. Question. Have you ever seen the copy watch's that are sold here. They look very similar if not the same as a real one. They only fall down if you try to use it in water.

While the copies look similar, they do not look the same.

3 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Well let look at what you were offered on the dash either a radio with TAPE or for a bit extra C/D both now obsolete. You could have gone for the full monty Radio with both Tape and C/D. And it's not dated. You must remember I did own one.

facepalm.gif.9fb8e9c2cbbee429cc0282b95a2cf5da.gif

Hi guys the Tyres that comes with the TRD Rims are Dunlop 265/50/20 GrandTek PT3(checked with the Shop too)

http://dunloptire.co.th/product/g/2/10

according to this video review, these Tyres are specially selected by Toyota to fit with the TRD Rims.

So this cements my decision to stick with Dunlops which was tested extensively by Toyota.

Dunlop Grandtrek PT3 
Tire for the latest commercial vehicles.

BuaDunlop Tire (Thailand) Co., Ltd., led by Mr. Motohiko Maso, President and Mr.Printinan Pisutvatcharakul The president Press conference on the launch of the new On Road SUV, the newest modelGrandtrek PT3 with the concept of "happy with you all the way"  at The Winning Post, The Royal Bangkok Sports Club. On Friday, April 1, 2559 

BuaGrandtrek PT3 is a tire that focuses on highway driving. Provides excellent performance in balance and direction. The braking distance on the wet floor is 3.1 meters shorter than the previous model. Reduces fuel consumption by 11% and extends service life by 21%. 

Controls the direction and balance
Bua of the new tread pattern. Equal Rib Design and True Circle Circle round shape help distribute the pressure evenly. And increase the efficiency of road adhesion. Both straight and curved 

Optimizing Brake Performance on Wet Roads The
Bua Grandtrek PT3 reduces the stopping distance with a stop test of 100 km / h on a wet surface. The Grandtrek PT3 has a shorter braking distance of 3.1 meters when tested. Compared to the previous version. 

Reduce fuel consumption. And extends the life of the
Bua Grandtrek PT3 with rotational resistance technology. Add a special rubber compound. (Functionalized Polymer) to achieve strong adhesion to silica. Low heat It saves about 11% of fuel consumption, plus a new tread design. Helps reduce irregular wear rates. 21% longer 

Bualifespan for Grandtrek PT3 tires. Suitable for On Road SUVs, as well as for passenger vehicles (PPVs). Toyota vehicles use the Grandtrek PT3 tire as the Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2016 OEM tire with 265 /

Dunlop Grandtrek PT3 
Tire for the latest commercial vehicles.

bullet-A.jpgDunlop Tire (Thailand) Co., Ltd., led by Mr. Motohiko Maso, President and Mr.Printinan Pisutvatcharakul The president Press conference on the launch of the new On Road SUV, the newest modelGrandtrek PT3 with the concept of "happy with you all the way"  at The Winning Post, The Royal Bangkok Sports Club. On Friday, April 1, 2559 

bullet-A.jpgGrandtrek PT3 is a tire that focuses on highway driving. Provides excellent performance in balance and direction. The braking distance on the wet floor is 3.1 meters shorter than the previous model. Reduces fuel consumption by 11% and extends service life by 21%. 

Controls the direction and balance
bullet-A.jpg of the new tread pattern. Equal Rib Design and True Circle Circle round shape help distribute the pressure evenly. And increase the efficiency of road adhesion. Both straight and curved 

Optimizing Brake Performance on Wet Roads The
bullet-A.jpg Grandtrek PT3 reduces the stopping distance with a stop test of 100 km / h on a wet surface. The Grandtrek PT3 has a shorter braking distance of 3.1 meters when tested. Compared to the previous version. 

Reduce fuel consumption. And extends the life of the
bullet-A.jpg Grandtrek PT3 with rotational resistance technology. Add a special rubber compound. (Functionalized Polymer) to achieve strong adhesion to silica. Low heat It saves about 11% of fuel consumption, plus a new tread design. Helps reduce irregular wear rates. 21% longer 

bullet-A.jpglifespan for Grandtrek PT3 tires. Suitable for On Road SUVs, as well as for passenger vehicles (PPVs). Toyota vehicles use the Grandtrek PT3 tire as the Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2016 OEM tire with 265 /

Saves 11% fuel consumption indeed...

6 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

It doesn't matter what Boots those Topleover Poser Trucks have, most end up like this.IMG_2354.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Looks like it's had a big side swipe and ended up on it's roof.

At least the roof pillars didn't collapse enabling the punter to escape. Thank Buddha they weren't in a Honda Noddy car. Or they would have been in the do do's big time.

29 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Looks like it's had a big side swipe and ended up on it's roof.

That side damage is what happens in a roll over,  and right the sides and roof absorb the impact so the integrated passenger roll caged area stays in tack. :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

That side damage is what happens in a roll over,  and right the sides and roof absorb the impact so the integrated passenger roll caged area stays in tack. :thumbsup:

Same as Toyota  Cars do ,the new 2018 Camry is rather nice, nothing like a Truck. Unfortunately its not Blingy enough for flash Essex Boys.:partytime2:

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Same as Toyota  Cars do ,the new 2018 Camry is rather nice, nothing like a Truck. Unfortunately its not Blingy enough for flash Essex Boys.:partytime2:

So the Camry is not a big seller in Essex then?

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

I wouldn't own any small car here. You must have realised that you cant see bugger all, when your stuck behind a pick up or an MPV. Nothing to do with bling, common sense. Oh by the way it's Hertfordshire.

I have been driving for close to 50 years. Driving commercial trucks for over 30 years. My experience is:

1 Michelin

2 Continental

3 goodyears

4 toyo/yokohama

bridgestone was good until they merged with firestone. Firestone is notorious for weak sidewalls

WORST

Firestone/Bridgestone

Hangook

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I wouldn't own any small car here.

Camry is not a small car and a really nice ride if you know how to drive,  l like the old 2.4 but would like a V6 model or a V6 Accord , then your talking motors. 

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Camry is not a small car and a really nice ride if you know how to drive,  l like the old 2.4 but would like a V6 model or a V6 Accord , then your talking motors. 

When I was referring to small cars I was inferring about cars that are low to the ground seating vise being a death trap here.

To many large lumps blocking your vision. Overtake at your own peril. Hence I have always had big high up lumps. 

22 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

When I was referring to small cars I was inferring about cars that are low to the ground seating vise being a death trap here.

To many large lumps blocking your vision. Overtake at your own peril. Hence I have always had big high up lumps. 

Understood but is a matter of personal opinion as to whether cars with low ground seating is a death trap, l would disagree my Mrs little Yaris 1500 can out maneuver any big clumsy lump SUV so therefore being a safer transport IMO.  

When it comes to driving in Thailand as discussed to death many times on this forum l find it no less safe here than any other country personally l find it safer once you've learnt the ropes so to speak.

9 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Understood but is a matter of personal opinion as to whether cars with low ground seating is a death trap, l would disagree my Mrs little Yaris 1500 can out maneuver any big clumsy lump SUV so therefore being a safer transport IMO.  

When it comes to driving in Thailand as discussed to death many times on this forum l find it no less safe here than any other country personally l find it safer once you've learnt the ropes so to speak.

Yeh, I learnt the ropes, stay at home and.....classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.d948a1c5dbf29fe4a9a5be98b0451031.gif

The Spivo we bought our Daughter is still around after 10 years it still tidy. Haven't any idea what Tires they have put on ,but the Man who bought it isn't Happy. Son went to Bkk alone, n put super Tyres on it @ 10 k each, I changed the rims to 20 I think but they still handle like a cock in a Bowler Hat.One very irate Dad at the moment,must be rather special at that price. Must take a peep.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

The Spivo we bought our Daughter is still around after 10 years it still tidy. Haven't any idea what Tires they have put on ,but the Man who bought it isn't Happy. Son went to Bkk alone, n put super Tyres on it @ 10 k each, I changed the rims to 20 I think but they still handle like a cock in a Bowler Hat.One very irate Dad at the moment,must be rather special at that price. Must take a peep.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Bridgestone are 10 th each. So nothing special. They are not a sports car so will not handle like one. Anyone with half a brain cell would know that.

4 hours ago, transam said:

Yeh, I learnt the ropes, stay at home and.....classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.d948a1c5dbf29fe4a9a5be98b0451031.gif

Well l love my home but having a motorbike, it's somewhere to get back to. 

Just had fitted my new set of Dunlop tyres ready from Suk for a ride l'm calling  " Long way down south around and back again "  :biggrin:

Be about 2 weeks or so in the saddle. :thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Well l love my home but having a motorbike, it's somewhere to get back to. 

Just had fitted my new set of Dunlop tyres ready from Suk for a ride l'm calling  " Long way down south around and back again "  :biggrin:

Be about 2 weeks or so in the saddle. :thumbsup: 

Are you stopping off at my place, still have that spare room, promise l won't.....love-song-smiley-emoticon.gif.fcfb0922bf776fac2da17dbc6cee6a97.gif

Archived