pattaya delices de france, la boulange, la baguette, any other french boulangerie/bakery ?

bangkokairportlink

2 minutes ago, SidJames said:

Back Fabrik the german baker on Jomtien 2nd Rd does fresh decent bagels & croissants every morning except Mondays.

Also apple pies, brownies & various types of bread.

German bagels?

Seriously?

Got a pic?

2 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

do you know any other shop french boulangerie style where they sell croissants and cakes ?

Not exactly a French bakery but the bakery in the basement of Central does perfectly decent patisserie and bread, as does the bakery in the BigC on Klang which is managed by a French baker.

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

German bagels?

Seriously?

Got a pic?

Technically they would then be known as beigels if cooked in the german style so unsure as the which he bakes JT.

They also do a lovely small range of macarons

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

dark side. soi siam country club at nongprue traffic lights. tulip bakery and restaurant. not french but the croissants could be.

This one ?

https://www.facebook.com/Hollandtulip.Bakery/

http://www.hollandtulip-resort.com/

Thank you ! I didn't know it !

But siam country club is the street on the dark side where the road is totally destroyed  ?

So how to go so far in the street without 4WD car ?

1 hour ago, bangkokairportlink said:

This one ?

https://www.facebook.com/Hollandtulip.Bakery/

http://www.hollandtulip-resort.com/

Thank you ! I didn't know it !

But siam country club is the street on the dark side where the road is totally destroyed  ?

So how to go so far in the street without 4WD car ?

The shitty bit of SSCC only extends from the railroad track about 2 km to just beyond the market. Beyond that it's pretty much an empty superhighway... well almost as there's some random buggerization nearer the lake. But Tulip and the traffic lights are slap bang in the middle of the good bit.

Alternative routes are east via Highway 7 and exit 3240 (also signposted for Crocodile Farm Road and just before the toll booths) and turn south.

Or east on Noenplubwan until you get to the temple, then turn north.

35 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I hope I don't look stupid, but is Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang (central rd.) not worth a visit?

(a bit of Carrefour has survived)

Soggy, sweet formulaic margarine croissants for the (mostly) local market, same as S&P bakery stuff. I had a bad experience once with their butter croissants that were made with rank butter.

Some of their bread loaves are OK though, especially the sourdoughs.

13 hours ago, NormanW said:

Don't forget about the well established Pan Pan on the way to Jomtien. Epic!

Pan pan also sells croissants ? For pizza I would go anywhere but not to this overpriced placed without any special interest except for Thai who know nothing and are happy with it !

19 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Renovate what ? It's new.

I also found backaus bajery but it seems closed now ?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d2559958-Reviews-Das_Backhaus_Cafe_Restaurent-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Well if they're not renovating then the new waitresses were wearing very dirty uniforms & a couple were unshaven.

Seemed also to have cleared away all the tables, chairs & counters plus the place could really do with a proper dusting.

• 1 year later...

I usually buy the packed "Pain de Champagne" (sliced White Bread) at Foodmart in Jomtien. The problem with this bread is, that it is NOT sliced all the way through, so when one tries to just take "A SLICE", it is very difficult to get these slices apart. They seem to stick-together at the bottom .... one has to "pry-them-apart", which often results in breaking the whole part.

The Label on that Bread is "delices de France - French Bakery - pain de campagne"??? I have asked staff at Foodmart for a Phone number of that Bakery, so I could call them to make them aware of the problem, but they were not very cooperative - and I can't find this Bakery on Google.

Can anyone assist??

6 hours ago, Awinkl said:

I usually buy the packed "Pain de Champagne" (sliced White Bread) at Foodmart in Jomtien. The problem with this bread is, that it is NOT sliced all the way through, so when one tries to just take "A SLICE", it is very difficult to get these slices apart. They seem to stick-together at the bottom .... one has to "pry-them-apart", which often results in breaking the whole part.

The Label on that Bread is "delices de France - French Bakery - pain de campagne"??? I have asked staff at Foodmart for a Phone number of that Bakery, so I could call them to make them aware of the problem, but they were not very cooperative - and I can't find this Bakery on Google.

Can anyone assist??

Bakery used to be in row of shops opposite entrance to Siam Bayshore hotel runned by a French woman

Hello

I am french and very happy with the bakery in Big C central.. The french baker does a good job.. The butter croissants (I never tasted the other ones are good)>> I usually warm them up a little bit in the oven and they come out, very tasty and good

He has also always a choice of pastries, some in small sizes (petits fours) which are also pretty good.. Bread is very good.. go for the french baguette a l ancienne  they call I think Baguette tradition.. it is excellent and only 39 bahts.. he has also a huge choice of bread and also some Quiche which are good for a reasonable price.. The good thing is that you can find everything at any time, mostly coming out of the oven and without having to order..

Tasted in La Baguette, for me, apart from the name, does not look french to me

Have a nice week end

Agreed with most. Excellent bread and choice. The Quiches I respectfully disagree. Rather pay 20 Baht more and get a Quiche with cheese and bacon and taste of those ingredients. Maybe they could do a Premium Quiche? 555555.... Best Quiche in ?? or possibly Asia @ MANDARIN ORIENTAL or their coffee shops around town in BKK. Sensational stuff on sale and IMO still fair priced. Enjoy. MS>

You cannot compare a supermarket product with the one of a top end restaurant of course.. on top of it in Thailand...

Are those quiche the best I had, of course not, but I still think the ratio quality/price is correct.. my point is that I think it is better than other bakeries which supposingly make french type products which are not..

The best item there, according to me is the baguette tradition..

Same you cannot compare the french restaurants in Pattaya with the Michelin starred one in Bgk..

Anyway, enjoy...

Have a nice

On 7/13/2018 at 2:03 AM, Awinkl said:

Can anyone assist??

Buy a bread knife?

14 hours ago, domdom said:

Hello

I am french and very happy with the bakery in Big C central.. The french baker does a good job.. The butter croissants (I never tasted the other ones are good)>> I usually warm them up a little bit in the oven and they come out, very tasty and good

He has also always a choice of pastries, some in small sizes (petits fours) which are also pretty good.. Bread is very good.. go for the french baguette a l ancienne  they call I think Baguette tradition.. it is excellent and only 39 bahts.. he has also a huge choice of bread and also some Quiche which are good for a reasonable price.. The good thing is that you can find everything at any time, mostly coming out of the oven and without having to order..

Tasted in La Baguette, for me, apart from the name, does not look french to me

Have a nice week end

Good update. Looks like Big C on Klang has a decent baker behind the scenes. Hope he still there when I visit next.

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Au Bon Pain has several locations in town good baked goods and coffee.

Au Bon Pain is for tourists what S&P bakery is for locals... sweetened, undersized and overpriced stuff IMHO.

10 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Agreed with most. Excellent bread and choice. The Quiches I respectfully disagree. Rather pay 20 Baht more and get a Quiche with cheese and bacon and taste of those ingredients. Maybe they could do a Premium Quiche? 555555.... Best Quiche in ?? or possibly Asia @ MANDARIN ORIENTAL or their coffee shops around town in BKK. Sensational stuff on sale and IMO still fair priced. Enjoy. MS>

Why are you comparing grocery stores to a 5 star hotel in Bkk?  I'm sure it's better and probably 10x the price.

On 7/13/2018 at 9:00 AM, tontraveller said:

Bakery used to be in row of shops opposite entrance to Siam Bayshore hotel runned by a French woman

Thank you for that - I will have a look for it - next time I go into Pattaya

Archived