Instant retribution! Chinese thief breaks his leg at Chiang Mai temple

webfact

Instant retribution! Chinese thief breaks his leg at Chiang Mai temple

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

CHIANG MAI: -- A Chinese thief "fishing" for money from a temple donation box suffered instant retribution on Tuesday.

After he was spotted using a string and glue covered plates to hook money from the box he was chased in the temple and fell down the stairs breaking his left leg.

However, his friend on lookout duty got away.

Police arrested thirty one year old Wei Zengguang on the steps of Wat Thatu Doi Kham in Mau Hiya sub district.

On his person and in a backpack was a whole host of evidence including more than 50,000 baht in Thai banknotes, string, plates covered in glue and bankbooks.

Wei had pretended to be making merit at the temple but after checking that no one was around used his string and glue to fish for money from the donation box.

But he was seen along with his friend who was a lookout. Some people managed to grab them but they broke free and fled the scene. A man called Wei Renggu got away but the other man fell down the "serpent" stairs and broke his leg, reported Thai Rath.

He was taken to hospital and has been charged with theft from a religious establishment.

Now the hunt is on for his accomplice.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-14

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

If he was broke and hungry , you could have some sympathy for him, but he had 50 000 Baht on him !!!!!!!!!

Ever thought that money may be from that donation box or some other theft?????

Just now, biplanebluey said:

Where the money came from is besides the point

If he was starving and needed some money for food , you could have some sympathy for his plight and have some understandings of his actions.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Where the money came from is besides the point

If he was starving and needed some money for food , you could have some sympathy for his plight and have some understandings of his actions.

Sorry but he is a thief and has stooped to stealing from a Temple and like I said the 50,000 may be some other ill gotten gain,and as a last comment---- how on earth can he have been starving with that stack of money on him.Put him behind bars !!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

Sorry but he is a thief and has stooped to stealing from a Temple and like I said the 50,000 may be some other ill gotten gain,and as a last comment---- how on earth can he have been starving with that stack of money on him.Put him behind bars !!!!!!!

You dont seem to have understood my point .

I did say "IF" he was starving and he had no money to buy any food .

But as he had a lot of money on him, this quite clearly wasnt the case

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You dont seem to have understood my point .

I did say "IF" he was starving and he had no money to buy any food .

But as he had a lot of money on him, this quite clearly wasnt the case

OK I understand your point but I do not care one iota why he did id , the fact that he stole and as I said "from a temple" just puts him into a scum category,I repeat----- Put him behind bars End of story.

1 hour ago, biplanebluey said:

OK I understand your point but I do not care one iota why he did id , the fact that he stole and as I said "from a temple" just puts him into a scum category,I repeat----- Put him behind bars End of story.

No not the end of story. Why is stealing from a temple worse than stealing from someone else....say an old lady, or a poor peasant who is hungry? This is merit money and is never accounted for in many corrupt temples. Jail for nicking a thousand quid? a bit excessive I would say.

2 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

the point is if he had 50,000 baht on him he didnt "need" to be stealing money out of a donation box due to the possibility of starving.

he was stealing out of greed

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

If he was broke and hungry , you could have some sympathy for him, but he had 50 000 Baht on him !!!!!!!!!

i never have sympathy for chinese did bisiness in china for 15 years believe me U loose all sympathy for them

4 minutes ago, speckio said:

the point is if he had 50,000 baht on him he didnt "need" to be stealing money out of a donation box due to the possibility of starving.

he was stealing out of greed

This is exactly what I said---------- he is a thief---- end of story

Archived