Instant retribution! Chinese thief breaks his leg at Chiang Mai temple

webfact

9 hours ago, tracker1 said:

No way he was one of those quality Chinese tourists Thailand is so proud to get !

As if we never read about thieving Brit, Aussie, Kiwi, or German guests of the Kingdom. 

Edit:  I excluded Yanks, because they seem to steal wooden elephants and not cash so much.

I saw many Thais who look just like him. He has the face of Thais. They said Thais originally came from southern part of China. Thousand of years ago they were chased out of China and they moved south to a place they called "Siam".

1 minute ago, smew said:

Get more of them these Chinese zero spending tourists on here to get the tourist numbers up for end of year reports 

I bet Kobkarn is all over that one, like a rash!

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

bank books?  Seems like odd things for "tourists" to have.  Whose bank books?  imposters making withdrawals?  Making deposits into their agent's accounts as payment for what, keeping them out of jail?

I didn't see anything in this news report that would indicate this guy was a tourist.  It's evident he would need a local Thai bank account to deposit the baht he "fished" out of the temple donation boxes so he would have a way to transfer the money to China, right?

6 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

OK I understand your point but I do not care one iota why he did id , the fact that he stole and as I said "from a temple" just puts him into a scum category,I repeat----- Put him behind bars End of story.

I really don't see what difference it make whether he stole from a temple or from some other place. The monks seem quite happy to scam people out of their money.

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

Where the money came from is besides the point

If he was starving and needed some money for food , you could have some sympathy for his plight and have some understandings of his actions.

Note to self. ... next time when hungry, get some sellotape and a long stick, and go straight to wat. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 b.

13 hours ago, tracker1 said:

No way he was one of those quality Chinese tourists Thailand is so proud to get !

A double hit here at the hub of bashing ... taking out both the Chinese and Thais in under 20 words.  You too must be so proud.  

I am just superstitious enough that I would be terrified to steal anything from a temple.

I would die in my dreams of being squashed by one of those big happy-faced Buddha statues.

I can see its serene smile as its massive golden bulk rolls back and forth over my bloody corpse until there is nothing left of me but a greasy spot.

8 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

Sorry but he is a thief and has stooped to stealing from a Temple and like I said the 50,000 may be some other ill gotten gain,and as a last comment---- how on earth can he have been starving with that stack of money on him.Put him behind bars !!!!!!!

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

You dont seem to have understood my point .

I did say "IF" he was starving and he had no money to buy any food .

But as he had a lot of money on him, this quite clearly wasnt the case

8 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

OK I understand your point but I do not care one iota why he did id , the fact that he stole and as I said "from a temple" just puts him into a scum category,I repeat----- Put him behind bars End of story.

biplanebluey although i totally agree with what you say I must admit that you lack a bit in logical/hypothetical reasoning...

17 hours ago, sanemax said:

If he was broke and hungry , you could have some sympathy for him, but he had 50 000 Baht on him !!!!!!!!!

Of course he was broke and hungry, just needed extra cash as he has expensive tastes.:sorry::wai:

17 hours ago, sanemax said:

Where the money came from is besides the point

If he was starving and needed some money for food , you could have some sympathy for his plight and have some understandings of his actions.

It is not beside the point where those funds came from.  The guy is a thief, full stop and how do we know that the money is not from the donation box or stolen elsewhere?  Why do people have to make excuses for the criminal and have no empathy for the victims. Are you condoning the actions of a low life thief because he may have been starving and needed some money for food? All he had to do was ask and he would have been given food by the monks.  Oh, I know, he was handicapped because he could not speak Thai. :wai:

18 hours ago, retarius said:

No not the end of story. Why is stealing from a temple worse than stealing from someone else....say an old lady, or a poor peasant who is hungry? This is merit money and is never accounted for in many corrupt temples. Jail for nicking a thousand quid? a bit excessive I would say.

People are been killed for their mobile phones in Thailand.

Stealing from a Temple is a major crime (irrelevant how much)

I'm sure he will get what he deserves, he's lucky he was not beat up after they caught up with him (look at the guy who was killed in BKK when he decided to damage Eriwan Shrine, the street cleaners killed him)  

I'd like to see some instant retribution of this kind for the Abbot of Dhammakaya and the rest of the saffron-robed crooks who use their high office to steal from millions of their gullible followers.

Breaking a few legs might discourage others who bring disgrace to the Buddhist faith who are thinking of lining their pockets and doing a runner.

3 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

It is not beside the point where those funds came from.  The guy is a thief, full stop and how do we know that the money is not from the donation box or stolen elsewhere?  Why do people have to make excuses for the criminal and have no empathy for the victims. Are you condoning the actions of a low life thief because he may have been starving and needed some money for food? All he had to do was ask and he would have been given food by the monks.  Oh, I know, he was handicapped because he could not speak Thai. :wai:

It is indeed besides the point as to where the 50 000 Baht came from, beside the point that I made of "IF " he didnt have any money at all, not even 10 Baht and he was starving .

Where the 50 000 Baht came from is relevant in certain aspects , but its irrelevant to my point about if he was destitute

32 minutes ago, ChangMaiSausage said:

I'm sure he will get what he deserves, he's lucky he was not beat up after they caught up with him (look at the guy who was killed in BKK when he decided to damage Eriwan Shrine, the street cleaners killed him)  

Sounds like a good plan to clean up this City .

We should set up a vigilante group .

Anyone who does anything wrong, should be physically attacked 

100 Baht theft = Broken limbs

Damage a Temple = Kill them 

Not wearing a crash helmet = Broken nose

Short changed in a shop = Burn the shop down

Lets clean up this City

On 6/14/2017 at 2:09 PM, sanemax said:

If he was broke and hungry , you could have some sympathy for him, but he had 50 000 Baht on him !!!!!!!!!

this is only the start of his problems , after time in jail he will be sent back to china , another you made me lose face country ....after about 15 years in a shoe factory / prison working 16 hours a day he will be sent bto inner Mongolia to work on highways for the rest of his life at slave labor wages .  as it should be .

50 minutes ago, mikiea said:

this is only the start of his problems , after time in jail he will be sent back to china , another you made me lose face country ....after about 15 years in a shoe factory / prison working 16 hours a day he will be sent bto inner Mongolia to work on highways for the rest of his life at slave labor wages .  as it should be .

I do think that thats a rather harsh punishment for stealing 100 Baht

Archived