is there taxi (meter) on 3/4 am in the morning from Khao San area to DMK?

Jeri R

I will stay in Khao San area this July 2017

and will be having a flight to Singapore on 07.40 am then at DMK

is there any taxi (meter) operating around 3/4 am in the morning around Khao San? how can i get them?

is it safe to travel around at that time?

and is it enough time to catch the plan if i go to DMK on 3/4 am with taxi on 7.40 am flight?

thank you

Lived on Samsen road in this areas for years

At that time of there will many free taxis only happy too for a fare going down Samsen

Nothing to worry about.

1 minute ago, poohy said:

Lived on Samsen road in this areas for years

At that time of there will many free taxis only happy too for a fare going down Samsen

Nothing to worry about.

great info sir, thanks alot

1 minute ago, saakura said:

Bangkok Taxi 02-8789000. Call this number in advance the previous evening and book the taxi. It is a metered taxi and they will charge 20 Baht extra for the booking service.

wowwww....so helpful, thx alot   :sleepy:

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

You can also use the UBER or GRAB Taxi App... 

Uber costs quite a bit more if going to the airport, they run as a flate rate which is something around 1000 baht. Taxi would still be a bit cheaper. If you take tolls with Uber the driver will add the toll charge, you must be careful that they don't over add the toll charges, this happens very frequently and you would need to submit for a refund. I believe many do this on purpose, as it happens quite a lot to me as I take tolls with Uber often.

2 hours ago, Jeri R said:

great info sir, thanks alot

...don't take one of the ones that hang around in front of the guesthouses .. they will rip you off... advance booking as mentioned above... or get one on the street.. ask for meter before you get in... no meter no ride..  you pay expressway toll as well.. 50Bt. (I think).. there are always people around so quite safe at that time.. 

30 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Uber costs quite a bit more if going to the airport, they run as a flate rate which is something around 1000 baht. Taxi would still be a bit cheaper. If you take tolls with Uber the driver will add the toll charge, you must be careful that they don't over add the toll charges, this happens very frequently and you would need to submit for a refund. I believe many do this on purpose, as it happens quite a lot to me as I take tolls with Uber often.

Nice info, thx for your advice ??

29 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

...don't take one of the ones that hang around in front of the guesthouses .. they will rip you off... advance booking as mentioned above... or get one on the street.. ask for meter before you get in... no meter no ride..  you pay expressway toll as well.. 50Bt. (I think).. there are always people around so quite safe at that time.. 

If i booked taxi with assistance from the hotel service (not hotels taxi), will it work as mentioned above (charge 20 Baht extra for the booking service)?

Just now, Jeri R said:

Nice info, thx for your advice ??

Just now, Jeri R said:

If i booked taxi with assistance from the hotel service (not hotels taxi), will it work as mentioned above (charge 20 Baht extra for the booking service)?

Yes, as long as hotel is willing to call the number for you.

If you take it from Khaosan, my estimate is that it should cost at most not over 500 baht including tolls if going by the meter and if taxi decides to take slightly longer route. You will pass 3 tolls - first and second cost 50 baht each, third toll 25 baht, so total 125 baht for toll. 

At 3am in the morning, it will only take 30 minutes to reach the airport. If its taking an hour, taxi driver is going around the city.

10 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Yes, as long as hotel is willing to call the number for you.

If you take it from Khaosan, my estimate is that it should cost at most not over 500 baht including tolls if going by the meter and if taxi decides to take slightly longer route. You will pass 3 tolls - first and second cost 50 baht each, third toll 25 baht, so total 125 baht for toll. 

At 3am in the morning, it will only take 30 minutes to reach the airport. If its taking an hour, taxi driver is going around the city.

Great info, thanks alot mike. 

Your info makes me better prepared

????????

36 minutes ago, Jeri R said:

Hotels generally don't have their own taxis.. if they will book for you they probably won't charge anything.. did the guy who mentioned booking give a number.. I think he did...   anyway there are always lots of taxis going past on the main roads.. I've done this many times no problems.. but as I said ask for meter before you get in.. no meter.. just wait and take another one.. 

1 hour ago, Laza 45 said:

yup! instead of being near the guesthouses on Khao San, go to the end of Khao San facing Wat Chana Songkram, where the police station is, and go towards Rambhutri (not left towards Sanam Luang, that's guesthouse city)

just in case, possibly leave before 3 a.m.; better to be early for the airport

than late, and Don Muang can have a lot more traffic  nearby at most times day or night than Swampy

27 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

Hotels generally don't have their own taxis.. if they will book for you they probably won't charge anything.. did the guy who mentioned booking give a number.. I think he did...   anyway there are always lots of taxis going past on the main roads.. I've done this many times no problems.. but as I said ask for meter before you get in.. no meter.. just wait and take another one.. 

12 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

yup! instead of being near the guesthouses on Khao San, go to the end of Khao San facing Wat Chana Songkram, where the police station is, and go towards Rambhutri (not left towards Sanam Luang, that's guesthouse city)

just in case, possibly leave before 3 a.m.; better to be early for the airport

than late, and Don Muang can have a lot more traffic  nearby at most times day or night than Swampy

Thanks Laza and Jenifer, your information so worthed for me

i could much better in preparation

????????

17 hours ago, Jeri R said:

Great info, thanks alot mike. 

Your info makes me better prepared

????????

sorry i misread, my initial info was for suvrnabhumi airport! but DMK is not much different except for route.

To DMK, it should take not more than 30 minutes as well. Depending on which way he takes, he should pass at least one toll (50 baht), then go off the highway. He can either run underneath the next highway or go on top of it (should be around 2-3 tolls as well).

6 hours ago, mike324 said:

sorry i misread, my initial info was for suvrnabhumi airport! but DMK is not much different except for route.

To DMK, it should take not more than 30 minutes as well. Depending on which way he takes, he should pass at least one toll (50 baht), then go off the highway. He can either run underneath the next highway or go on top of it (should be around 2-3 tolls as well).

Very detail, makes me estimate the best choice and thes safest one.

thx mike

Archived