Naked man flees police at Bangkok condo - falls to his death from sixth floor balcony

webfact

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this forum seems to have hit an all-time low when it's the favourite chat forum for those who support druggies.  

In this incident, a druggie was disturbing the other residents.  He won't be doing that again in a hurry....

Suggest you guys relocate to Cambodia if you want to chase the dragon.

5 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Well, this forum seems to have hit an all-time low when it's the favourite chat forum for those who support druggies.  

In this incident, a druggie was disturbing the other residents.  He won't be doing that again in a hurry....

Show me a post where someone is actually supporting the use of hard drugs. The more enlightened of us are saying that it's time to try a different approach because the so-called "war on drugs" is a joke.

54 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Alcohol is legal. Drugs are not.  Why do you think this guy was a nutter  .. ?

Alcohol is a drug.  More harm is caused by people ingesting fermented sugars (alcohol) than all illegal drugs combined.  

18 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I respect your opinion, however drugs are scourge.  The world certainly doesn't need to legalize being a crackhead.

If you have a bratty 8 year old son, do you whip his flesh until it peels off, if he steals 100 baht from your wallet?

There are better ways of dealing with druggies than putting them in prison for decades, or like Indonesia, killing them.  I experimented with drugs between the ages of 17 and 21.   I'm glad society didn't put me away for 30 years or killed me.  Since early 20's I've been non-alc, non-MSG, non-smoker, non-pharma drugs and try to stay away from sugar, but that's nearly impossible in Thailand.  People go through phases.  People can adjust.   Counseling can do a lot more good than slamming someone in a dungeon.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Legalizing drugs is not the answer, unless the government is will to put

up with a 1000 folds increase in death, crimes sickness and violence

due to free and legal  use of drugs......

What is your source of statistics and this comment...seems to me you are just having an uninformed/uneducated rant!!!

1 minute ago, boomerangutang said:

Alcohol is a drug.  More harm is caused by people ingesting fermented sugars (alcohol) than all illegal drugs combined.  

If you have a bratty 8 year old son, do you whip his flesh until it peels off, if he steals 100 baht from your wallet?

There are better ways of dealing with druggies than putting them in prison for decades, or like Indonesia, killing them.  I experimented with drugs between the ages of 17 and 21.   I'm glad society didn't put me away for 30 years or killed me.  Since early 20's I've been non-alc, non-MSG, non-smoker, non-pharma drugs and try to stay away from sugar, but that's nearly impossible in Thailand.  People go through phases.  People can adjust.   Counseling can do a lot more good than slamming someone in a dungeon.

I understand where your coming from and in part agree,  however if people feared even being associated with people smoking drugs when they are young and attending school then I believe there would be less users.  If you were taught that it's stupid to experiment with putting that rubbish into your body and there were severe consequences if caught doing so ...  then maybe you wouldn't.  If you were told that if you ever even so much as hang around a drug taker there would be so much embarrasment within your class at school, in your street, so that everyone who sees you will look at you with discussed,  that's what should have happened with the young people of today ....  but it comes back to where you live ... what environment you live in,  your friends you hang around with ...   all play a part in how you see ' self responsibility '

Also, I believe national service for the school leavers would go along way to show the young the scourge of taking drugs. But it's not an easy fix.

4 hours ago, jspill said:

Legalize cannabis and see lower deaths from other drugs, as has been the case in the US and EU.

Legalize all drugs, in line with alcohol being the most dangerous drug on earth.

Then the issues become medical and not legal, tax is raised to pay for drug education, and substances can be controlled properly. This sort of accident is probably more consistent with the consumption of alcohol than meth, but the combination can easily result in violence.

4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I think most drugs should be legalised, the war on drugs has been lost.

I think the jury is still out on the "gateway drug" thing with cannabis though.

I had a cousin and a friend who died from heroin & methadone use, they both got started on cannabis. Then again, I've had a smoke maybe 7 times in my life and never tried anything else.

I think drugs are like booze (my poison), they affect different people in different ways.

Booze is a drug.. and harddrug if they classify it.

You should look at the Netherlands lower harddrug use as in the US but we had legal canabis for ages.. There goes the gateway drug thing, alcohol a harddrug could also be a gateway drug. Anyway not sure this guy was on drugs.. could be just a crazyguy. However if on drugs.. just an other idiot just like drunks. 

58 minutes ago, simon43 said:

There is a big step between chasing the dragon (believe that is yabaa or opium) and just weed. I support drugs always have been come from an open country where it did not cause too much problems. Alcohol on the other hand seems to incite violence a lot. 

I think more and more people are starting to realize that canabis is not a big problem. The world is changing.

20 minutes ago, halloween said:

I'm sure his neighbours are really sad about the loss of their drug-fuelled violent idiot. But I have to wonder if the attitude of the TVF drug liberals might be the same if he moved next to them.

If i moved next to the guy I would complain.. i like drugs (cannabis), but don't use it as its illegal here and ruins my diet. But I probably complain as hard on this guy as if he were an obnoxious drunk. I don't see much difference between the two a crazy druggy or a crazy drunk guy. 

23 minutes ago, halloween said:

I'm sure his neighbours are really sad about the loss of their drug-fuelled violent idiot. But I have to wonder if the attitude of the TVF drug liberals might be the same if he moved next to them.

I suppose they could have had a boozed up violent idiot instead, I'm sure they would have preferred that. Edit:  I see Robblok and I are on common ground for once. I posted my comments at the same time.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

I suppose they could have had a boozed up violent idiot instead, I'm sure they would have preferred that.

They are one and the same.. alcohol is a harddrug.. not sure what this guy is on. Fact is there will always be some problems with drugs. But that is not a reason to ban it for all. Plenty of people seem to be ok with the harddrug alcohol, though a large portion of people will become violent and some become totally addicted to it.  However a far larger portion of people enjoy using it and don't cause trouble. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

They are one and the same.. alcohol is a harddrug.. not sure what this guy is on. Fact is there will always be some problems with drugs. But that is not a reason to ban it for all. Plenty of people seem to be ok with the harddrug alcohol, though a large portion of people will become violent and some become totally addicted to it.  However a far larger portion of people enjoy using it and don't cause trouble. 

They are one and the same.

That was my point.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh yeah ...  legalize it so we can have more like this nutter running around  :shock1:

Cause making it illegal stops people from using.  All of a sudden after legalization normal people like you will smoke a joint and run around naked throwing shit at police. Good logic.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Legalizing drugs is not the answer, unless the government is will to put

up with a 1000 folds increase in death, crimes sickness and violence

due to free and legal  use of drugs......

So ezzra, you've obviously got some evidence to back up your assertion that free and legal use of drugs leads to a 1000 fold increase in death? No? I thought not.

Look at what has happened in places such as Portugal and Switzerland with their recent liberalisation policies, the decriminalisation for many years of cannabis in the Netherlands, as well as the states in America which have legalised the use of cannabis. Any increase in deaths, crimes, sickness and violence?

Those things only seem to be a problem where prohibition, a policy that has never worked with alcohol or drugs, is still strictly enforced, like Mexico, a lot of the US, and most of Europe. Personal use of cannabis in the UK, even though technically illegal, has more or less been decriminalised by a sensible approach to enforcement by confiscation and cautions

The answer, like most things in this country, is down to education, always difficult here with the reluctance to lose face and admit you have a problem, decriminalisation to disrupt the trade, and effective enforcement to limit the use of drugs by young people and prevent people driving or operating machinery under their influence to limit the harm. Roadside drug test kits are already available and in use in many countries. 

A possible problem is alleged involvement by important figures in the drugs trade which interrupts proper examination and dealing with the problem by threatening to affect their money supply. If there was true will from the government, and corruption was weeded out (pun intended) in the police force and military, this problem could be solved in a very short time. 

5 hours ago, jspill said:

Legalize cannabis and see lower deaths from other drugs, as has been the case in the US and EU.

I don't think that farang thinking is acceptable to Thai authorities. They still want to invent their own wheel! :sad:

Personally I think decriminalisation is better then you still get to prosecute pedlars of death and misery (and not small time users).

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I understand where your coming from and in part agree,  however if people feared even being associated with people smoking drugs when they are young and attending school then I believe there would be less users.  If you were taught that it's stupid to experiment with putting that rubbish into your body and there were severe consequences if caught doing so ...  then maybe you wouldn't.  If you were told that if you ever even so much as hang around a drug taker there would be so much embarrasment within your class at school, in your street, so that everyone who sees you will look at you with discussed,  that's what should have happened with the young people of today ....  but it comes back to where you live ... what environment you live in,  your friends you hang around with ...   all play a part in how you see ' self responsibility '

Also, I believe national service for the school leavers would go along way to show the young the scourge of taking drugs. But it's not an easy fix.

You assume drug-taking is all bad.  Let me guess; you've never been a recreational drug taker, except for alcohol.

When I experimented with drugs, during my hippie daze, much of the time it was fun.  Sometimes it was spiritual (multi-colored blissful visions, etc), sometimes it was a drag - and everything in-between.

Our species has been doing drugs for as long as we've been fighting or engaging in sex.  Doing drugs is as much a part of our culture as religion or metaphysics.   

That's part of the reason why it's so prevalent - particularly among late-teens and folks in their 20's. Trying to ban drugs is as futile as trying to ban sex-for-fun.  Religions have tried to ban sex-outside-of-marriage for centuries, and look at how successful they've been at that.

I agree with Steven 100, Alcohol has been drunk for hundreds of years, but the drug users feel

that their drugs should be legal, well dream on drug users. This guy just shows what happens

when you are high on your drug, and the cops come to take you away. Go out on a balcony and

fall to your death. That is what happened.

RIP to another drug user. Guess he did not overdose at least

Geezer

1 minute ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I agree with Steven 100, Alcohol has been drunk for hundreds of years, but the drug users feel

that their drugs should be legal, well dream on drug users. This guy just shows what happens

when you are high on your drug, and the cops come to take you away. Go out on a balcony and

Geezer

Drugs have also been used for thousands of years. Next you will be telling me that no one does anything stupid, violent or dangerous when drunk, or kills innocent people when behind the wheel of a car.

2 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

"both got started on cannabis"

They both probably ingested white sugar, MSG, beer, milk, pharma drugs, trans-fats and cigs prior to their later problems. Why would cannabis be more of a contributing factor?

Remember, though not a user, I think drugs should be legalised in some way, criminalising them has got us where we are today. Also, for every study telling us how harmless cannabis is, there's another one telling us it's harmful. On contributing factors, read this:

In animals it is relatively simple - compared to humans in clinical studies - to determine if the consumption of a certain drug increases the later attraction of another drug. In rats, cannabis consumption – earlier in life – increased the self-administration of heroin (results based on 11 male rats),[8] morphine (study based on 12 male rats)[9] and also nicotine (34 rats).[10] There were direct indications that the alteration consisted of lasting anatomical changes in the reward system of the brain.[8] The importance of these findings for the reward system in the human brain in relation to the liability to the use of further drugs has been pointed out in several reviews.[11][12][13]

In mice nicotine increased the probability of later consumption of cocaine and the experiments permitted concrete conclusions on the underlying molecular biological alteration in the brain.[14] The biological changes in mice correspond to the epidemiological observations in humans that nicotine consumption is coupled to an increased probability of later use of cannabis and cocaine.

Geezer

Alcohol is legal not because it is good for you! Which we all know it certainly isn't in lots cases. It is legal and then taxed so Governments make lots of money.

Some drugs are illegal not only because they might be bad for your health. They are also illegal because law enforcement need work and this in turn creates money and budgets for law enforcement.

Look at the big picture sometimes.

Archived