Naked man flees police at Bangkok condo - falls to his death from sixth floor balcony

webfact

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See Steven 100  it is hopeless to argue with the drug takers,  as they all believe alcohol is just

as bad.  Well  Neither is a great habit but I will take the alcohol and leave the drugs to others

who like jail time,

Geezer

Just now, Stargrazer9889 said:

See Steven 100  it is hopeless to argue with the drug takers,  as they all believe alcohol is just

as bad.  Well  Neither is a great habit but I will take the alcohol and leave the drugs to others

who like jail time,

Geezer

Never known a ganja smoker to get violent or harm anyone, just chill out to Bob Marley.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Legalizing drugs is not the answer, unless the government is will to put

up with a 1000 folds increase in death, crimes sickness and violence

due to free and legal  use of drugs......

legalize and at the same time offer us a way of protecting ourselves and our family's.

A license to carry and use a gun if necessary!!

33 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You do know that marijuana is NOT addictive? Never heard of anyone hanging out for their next toke of grass, or committing any crime to get it.

16 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

Pot heads or alcoholics sat in the gutter? You seem to be very specific.

Yes the post says pot heads, not drunks

34 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You do know that marijuana is NOT addictive? Never heard of anyone hanging out for their next toke of grass, or committing any crime to get it.

Really dumb statement.  Probably an attempt to justify

some loser pot head struggling to maintain a lifestyle 

full,of,dope,and nothing else.

7 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I think most drugs should be legalised, the war on drugs has been lost.

I think the jury is still out on the "gateway drug" thing with cannabis though.

I had a cousin and a friend who died from heroin & methadone use, they both got started on cannabis. Then again, I've had a smoke maybe 7 times in my life and never tried anything else.

I think drugs are like booze (my poison), they affect different people in different ways.

I had a Catholic Priest who explained to me one time : "Tony you or I could go to a wedding/party have a few drinks take a hit then never do again untill another party 3-4 months later. Others who have an addictive personality once they start they can't stop whether its alcohol, drugs, sex , work. ect"   Had 4 friends (girls ) addicted to crack , 3  could do 6 months in jail/rehab and on the day they got out would make a beeline back to thier dealer. 1 other tried to wait but got drawn back in by addicted friends. 3 of the 4 all sisters are dead. Their cousin stil strugling but alive.  I have never drank (except toast at wedding ) never done pot, crack, cocaine ,pills or any other drugs don't feel a need to. Sure sometime I have felt down but I don't run to find some chemical to make me temporarily feel good.

13 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Dumb statement, that's pretty rich coming from someone who makes totally unsubstantiated statements, based on hearsay or prejudice.

11 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

I had a Catholic Priest who explained to me one time : "Tony you or I could go to a wedding/party have a few drinks take a hit then never do again untill another party 3-4 months later. Others who have an addictive personality once they start they can't stop whether its alcohol, drugs, sex , work. ect"   Had 4 friends (girls ) addicted to crack , 3  could do 6 months in jail/rehab and on the day they got out would make a beeline back to thier dealer. 1 other tried to wait but got drawn back in by addicted friends. 3 of the 4 all sisters are dead. Their cousin stil strugling but alive.  I have never drank (except toast at wedding ) never done pot, crack, cocaine ,pills or any other drugs don't feel a need to. Sure sometime I have felt down but I don't run to find some chemical to make me temporarily feel good.

How many of those millions of kids who experimented with drugs in the late 60's and 70's ended up addicts, very few I imagine. Certainly not myself of anyone I know from that time, and I tried them all, pot, hash, LSD, mescalin, opium, mushrooms, you name it, but I never stuck a needle in my arm, always drew the line at that.

18 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

You lost me at "I had a Catholic priest..."

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh yeah ...  legalize it so we can have more like this nutter running around  :shock1:

this guy was on "ice" (methamphetamine)- whole different animal than cannabis;

there is no probability of this sort of incident happening if one is high on cannabis-

the only thing getting attacked would be the contents of one's refrigerator & snacks cupboard :partytime2:

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

How many of those millions of kids who experimented with drugs in the late 60's and 70's ended up addicts, very few I imagine. Certainly not myself of anyone I know from that time, and I tried them all, pot, hash, LSD, mescalin, opium, mushrooms, you name it, but I never stuck a needle in my arm, always drew the line at that.

likewise;

although i did succumb to both cocaine and speed;

fortunately, those are in the past for me

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Never known a ganja smoker to get violent or harm anyone, just chill out to Bob Marley.

yeah, as i said elsewhere the only thing someone smoking ganja will attack

is the refrigerator or the snacks cupboard :partytime2:

2 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

this guy was on "ice" (methamphetamine)- whole different animal than cannabis;

there is no probability of this sort of incident happening if one is high on cannabis-

the only thing getting attacked would be the contents of one's refrigerator & snacks cupboard :partytime2:

Teenagers who start smoking cannabis daily before the age of 17 are seven times more likely to commit suicide, a study has found. According to the paper, published in the Lancet Psychiatry journal.

Roughly 10 percent of Washington state drivers involved in fatal car crashes between 2010 and 2014 tested positive for recent marijuana use.

Just now, jenifer d said:

yeah, as i said elsewhere the only thing someone smoking ganja will attack

is the refrigerator or the snacks cupboard :partytime2:

Hawkwind never sounded as good without it.

30 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

i myself succumbed to crack, am fortunate to even be here to write this now;

i lost so many friends from it- in one week alone, 5 friends died when the streets were flooded

with crack made largely of hardened furniture varnish, including the manager of my apartment building at the time

2 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Teenagers who start smoking cannabis daily before the age of 17 are seven times more likely to commit suicide, a study has found. According to the paper, published in the Lancet Psychiatry journal.

Roughly 10 percent of Washington state drivers involved in fatal car crashes between 2010 and 2014 tested positive for recent marijuana use.

and how many tested positive for ALCOHOL use???

nice cherrypicking:post-4641-1156693976:

2 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Did those same drivers also test positive to any other substances?

46 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

umm, hate to burst your bubble, but i'm a lifelong musician, w/song on international radio (still being played)

well-known in LA, SF, NYC, NM, Europe as well as Antwerp, Belgium, southern UK

and among Thai people in places ranging from Chiang Khan to Betong,

living my dream on a tropic island 1 minute walk from a white sand beach...

my literary agent for  my TV & film scripts insisted when i moved here that i should write an autobiography,

in his words "Jenifer i've known you for 30 years and i don't believe your life- write a book, i promise to help sell it"

i am also a manuscript editor, both copy and developmental, for a nascent publishing company

:stoner:

loser pot head struggling to maintain a lifestyle full of dope and nothing else?

hardly!!!

44 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

hate to disillusion you buddy, but recreational drug culture is alive and well in the Philippines, unless you are poor and on meth.

personally i hope you are a troll, because the only other conclusion is that you are a fool, and remarks like the following only enforce that fact:

he's a constant troll concerning matters of ANY other substance besides his beloved booze...

but at least his ill-informed nonsense is consistent and isn't affected whatsoever by any facts thrown his way :saai:

8 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I think most drugs should be legalised, the war on drugs has been lost.

I think the jury is still out on the "gateway drug" thing with cannabis though.

I had a cousin and a friend who died from heroin & methadone use, they both got started on cannabis. Then again, I've had a smoke maybe 7 times in my life and never tried anything else.

I think drugs are like booze (my poison), they affect different people in different ways.

I used to smoke a J with my coffee for breakfast when I was 18 - 20.

I've smoked crack, snorted coke, took LSD.

I was over it all by the time I was 22 or 23.

Didn't touch any of it till about 3 years ago & my grown nephew (18 year old) whipped out a joint.

Two puffs and I was ready for bed!

Weed was hardly a gateway drug for me, but I had to experiment a bit.

Another nephew got on crystal meth when he was young. He's almost 40 now, but stayed wacked out till he was 30.

I can't speak for crystal meth or heroin, but simply making something illegal certainly isn't going to cure the problem, which was demonstrated by the USA's Prohibition in the 1920's. It just created more drunks and a WHOLE LOT more criminals.

Just now, jaywalker said:

I used to smoke a J with my coffee for breakfast when I was 18 - 20.

I've smoked crack, snorted coke, took LSD.

I was over it all by the time I was 22 or 23.

Didn't touch any of it till about 3 years ago & my grown nephew (18 year old) whipped out a joint.

Two puffs and I was ready for bed!

Weed was hardly a gateway drug for me, but I had to experiment a bit.

Another nephew got on crystal meth when he was young. He's almost 40 now, but stayed wacked out till he was 30.

I can't speak for crystal meth or heroin, but simply making something illegal certainly isn't going to cure the problem, which was demonstrated by the USA's Prohibition in the 1920's. It just created more drunks and a WHOLE LOT more criminals.

couldn't have said it much better myself re prohibition, etc;

i myself have done everything except using needles,

got clean of all except pot & booze via the act of moving here 7 1/2 years ago

Just now, jenifer d said:

couldn't have said it much better myself re prohibition, etc;

i myself have done everything except using needles,

got clean of all except pot & booze via the act of moving here 7 1/2 years ago

For sure I'm terrified of any and all drug laws, and they do dissuade me, I guess, but I have no desire to take them in the first place.

:partytime2:

3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

So ezzra, you've obviously got some evidence to back up your assertion that free and legal use of drugs leads to a 1000 fold increase in death? No? I thought not.

Look at what has happened in places such as Portugal and Switzerland with their recent liberalisation policies, the decriminalisation for many years of cannabis in the Netherlands, as well as the states in America which have legalised the use of cannabis. Any increase in deaths, crimes, sickness and violence?

Those things only seem to be a problem where prohibition, a policy that has never worked with alcohol or drugs, is still strictly enforced, like Mexico, a lot of the US, and most of Europe. Personal use of cannabis in the UK, even though technically illegal, has more or less been decriminalised by a sensible approach to enforcement by confiscation and cautions

The answer, like most things in this country, is down to education, always difficult here with the reluctance to lose face and admit you have a problem, decriminalisation to disrupt the trade, and effective enforcement to limit the use of drugs by young people and prevent people driving or operating machinery under their influence to limit the harm. Roadside drug test kits are already available and in use in many countries. 

A possible problem is alleged involvement by important figures in the drugs trade which interrupts proper examination and dealing with the problem by threatening to affect their money supply. If there was true will from the government, and corruption was weeded out (pun intended) in the police force and military, this problem could be solved in a very short time. 

exactly!!! and re your last paragraph, the involvement is NOT alleged; the richest people i know here are ALL "important figures"

in positions of official (and unofficial) power- and they are not only ALL far richer than they should be on just their salaries,

but they are either directly involved actively in the importation and trade or tacitly via brown envelopes

i'd say more but i value my life and freedom!!!

22 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Did those same drivers also test positive to any other substances?

i'll wager that a large percentage of the non-weed-imbibing perps involved in fatalities

tested positive for ALCOHOL!!! :drunk:

i myself would much rather somebody was driving after having smoked pot rather

than alcohol, yaba, ice, heroin, crack, etc...

Archived