Lottery fever - rush to get rich as "auspicious" 100 kilo water monitor set to bring fortune!

webfact

Lottery fever - rush to get rich as "auspicious" 100 kilo water monitor set to bring fortune!

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

AYUTTHAYA: -- Locals in Ayutthaya will be playing the lottery big time today after a huge "tua ngern tua thong" (water monitor) took up residence, albeit briefly in an Ayutthaya grannie's home.

Ayutthaya Ruam Jai foundation staff were called to the house in Phai Ling district by owner Pranorm Ditthareuangdech, 64, after she heard dogs barking and saw the massive creature.

It didn't take the foundation staff long to catch the monster and take the obligatory pictures.

Pranorm said enthusiastically: "I have never seen one this big before - it was not afraid of people at all. I am absolutely convinced that it will bring luck".

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The appearance of the creature is viewed by many Thais as auspicious. The animal's pleasant name should be used for fortune purposes though many Thais use its common name as a vulgar swearword.

The lottery will be drawn today so here are the all important numbers.

The house is number 53.

The car parked there is 9329.

And don't forget that Pranorm is 64.

Please hurry but remember that thaivisa.com takes no responsibility for losing tickets.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-16

I made the mistake of stamping on a walkway next to my house when I saw a tail sticking out from it. The Monster that flew out from under the walkway was the size of a small crodile. I must admit I nearly shat myself

I am so sick and tired of all this superstitious hocus pocus nonsense in Thailand.   When will Thailand ever grow up and join the 20th century?

Yes, I know it is now the 21st century, but for Thailand even joining the 20th century would be a major step forward.

1 hour ago, WhizBang said:

I am so sick and tired of all this superstitious hocus pocus nonsense in Thailand.   When will Thailand ever grow up and join the 20th century?

Yes, I know it is now the 21st century, but for Thailand even joining the 20th century would be a major step forward.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that. These are the most superstitious 10th Century people on the planet. 

3 hours ago, WhizBang said:

Not so different from the West with horoscopes spouting similar nonsense in virtually every newspaper.

And apparently 74% of Britons believe In lucky numbers.

https://www.lottoland.co.uk/magazine/74-of-britons-believe-in-lucky-numbers.html

4 hours ago, WhizBang said:

Its a lot easier to drink a bucket of song san and chase lizards around the back garden than it is to study hard and earn a buck.  Until then more lizards will die in pursuit of lucky numbers.

5 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I made the mistake of stamping on a walkway next to my house when I saw a tail sticking out from it. The Monster that flew out from under the walkway was the size of a small crodile. I must admit I nearly shat myself

.................and they are Fast!!  Amazing how fast they can take off from a standing start.  This one looks like it was feeding on Soi Dog's to get that heavy.

6 hours ago, WhizBang said:

Anything after 600 years would be a step forward!

A lizard in the house, a cobra in the car,

a log with a mouse, and a monkey in a bar,

they all bring us riches the very next day,

that's why in Thailand we're gonna stay!

But a van and a sword, a taxi and a gun,

a monk who acts a lord, and a cop who acts non,

they all bring us tears of anger and pain,

and leave us feeling it's all in vain.

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

A lizard in the house, a cobra in the car,

a log with a mouse, and a monkey in a bar,

they all bring us riches the very next day,

that's why in Thailand we're gonna stay!

But a van and a sword, a taxi and a gun,

a monk who acts a lord, and a cop who acts non,

they all bring us tears of anger and pain,

and leave us feeling it's all in vain.

Don't forget the talking dog.

Earlier today my wife was lamenting that she hadn't bought any lottery tickets for today's draw. She likes to bet on the last 2 numbers of our car registration number (46).

I pointed out that the winning 2-digit number today was 47, so she would have lost.

"Yes" she said, "but I would have been only one number away".

I promise you that - in all other aspects - she is quite intelligent.

Archived