Video: Vicious road rage incident as motorcyclist attacks bus driver with a sword

webfact

Video: Vicious road rage incident as motorcyclist attacks bus driver with a sword

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

SARABURI: -- National Thai TV was reeling in shock at yet another vicious example of road rage that happened in Saraburi north of Bangkok yesterday.

In the latest appalling incident a crazed motorcyclist repeatedly slashed at a bus driver with a 65centimeter long sword.

But it was the bus driver that had brought the sword with him in the first place.

The driver was taking workers home from a factory in the area on Thursday. A disagreement broke out with the red shirted motorcyclist. The rider managed to get hold of the weapon that the bus driver had brought with him.

Tnews alleged that the driver - who is in a critical condition in hospital- was carrying the knife to defend himself.

Video shows that after the motorcyclist grabbed the weapon he repeatedly slashes at the victim. No one intervenes though someone is filming at a distance as the traffic grinds to a halt.

Much of the grisly injuries occurred behind the line of sight but it is clear that the attack is a one way altercation once the motorcyclist gets the sword.

The motorcyclist - Noppadon Ponma - was filmed later at the police station talking matter-of-factly about what he had done.

Police said he was suffering from mental problems and had been drinking.

The driver was in a critical condition in a Saraburi hospital. Doctors had had to perform life saving measures including CPR to save his life. He had suffered at least ten serious slash wounds, lost a large amount of blood and was on a respirator.

He was named as Surasak Deeprasert. His wife said on TV it was an unbelievably cruel attack on her husband.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-16

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, halloween said:

Am I supposed to have sympathy for the bus driver who, apart from his driving, escalates a confrontation by producing a knife?

Must agree with you. But why on earth did he not use it first?

It would appear two complete nutters faced one another here!

Just goes to show what cowards Thai's are, the driver carries a knife for protection, the bike rider uses it on the bus driver, what ever happened to a good old street fighting, oh sorry, forgot I was in Thailand "again"

35 minutes ago, bheard said:

Stand back and be entertained I reckon.

9 minutes ago, dexjnr555 said:

How can one be entertained by this? Shame on you. The guy is on his death bed and his wife is distraught, how would you feel if your loved one was on their death bed after a sword attack?

You would have to be an Aussie to understand the humour in what he is actually saying I "reckon"

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just goes to show what cowards Thai's are, the driver carries a knife for protection, the bike rider uses it on the bus driver, what ever happened to a good old street fighting, oh sorry, forgot I was in Thailand "again"

There is nothing good about street fighting either. Rather than being cowards (and yet again foreigners painting a whole nation with the same brush), it just goes to show how quickly belligerent people can get here, maybe it's the heat. The climate surely must play a part.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

What a sad reflection on the country that a bus driver feels that it's necessary to carry a sword for protection when going about his duties.

The sword is the alternative to care and courtesy to other road users. First rule of the road here is "Big Wins".

I understand that the bus driver s seriously hurt, and wish him a speedy recovery....But.........What is a public servant ( A bus driver ) ....doing carrying an offensive weapon on a public transport vehicle....namely a bus. How many other buses are on the highways right now with armed drivers....be it a knife, sword, or god forbid, a handgun.....:post-4641-1156693976:

Both are lower life forms that deserve to be dead! The driver for carrying a sword around.....and great he found someone who could snatch it from him before he uses it and has it used on himself! Thailand these days is really going to the  dogs!

Back in my home country, bus drivers seem to be under strict instructions by their employers to remain seated byehind the wheel of their vehicle. If they decide to leave the seat they are in danger of undergoing a disciplinary procedure.

Here, the bus driver seems to have decided, in his anger, to get out of his seat, open the bus doors and to step out onto the road in order to confront the motorcyclist with a sword that he had been carrying with him on the bus. The motorcyclist was able to disarm him, and, which is where the video begins, to start slashing and stabbing him.

Poor bus driver. If only he had stayed in the bus and had kept the doors shut, he would not be in hospital now. He could have phoned the bus company, who could have alerted to police. Sadly, he seems to be the author of his own misfortune.

I was surprised at how quickly the ambulance arrived, whilst the motorcyclist was still stabbing him. Well done to the witness who called the ambulance.

I hope the poor man makes a full recovery.

"He was named as Surasak Deeprasert. His wife said on TV it was an unbelievably cruel attack on her husband."

It was her husband who produced the knife in the first place.  Even in war, you don't point a gun at somebody if you are not prepared to use it.  Obviously the knife was part of his dashboard decorations.

Handbags at dawn gone a bit over the top.

4 hours ago, halloween said:

Am I supposed to have sympathy for the bus driver who, apart from his driving, escalates a confrontation by producing a knife?

Who asked for your sympathy?  Your opinion was more than enough.  Our cup runneth over. 

The bus driver made a mistake.  He paid dearly for it.  No reason to pile on.

12 minutes ago, silver sea said:

Back in my home country, bus drivers seem to be under strict instructions by their employers to remain seated byehind (sic) the wheel of their vehicle. If they decide to leave the seat they are in danger of undergoing a disciplinary procedure.

It would also be the case in the UK that should the driver recover, he would then face a charge of ''having an offensive weapon in a public place'' and ''threatening behaviour''.

The former is a mandatory custodial sentence. I wonder what, if any, action he will face here.

Archived