BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Video: Vicious road rage incident as motorcyclist attacks bus driver with a sword

Video: Vicious road rage incident as motorcyclist attacks bus driver with a sword

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

SARABURI: -- National Thai TV was reeling in shock at yet another vicious example of road rage that happened in Saraburi north of Bangkok yesterday.

In the latest appalling incident a crazed motorcyclist repeatedly slashed at a bus driver with a 65centimeter long sword.

But it was the bus driver that had brought the sword with him in the first place.

The driver was taking workers home from a factory in the area on Thursday. A disagreement broke out with the red shirted motorcyclist. The rider managed to get hold of the weapon that the bus driver had brought with him.

Tnews alleged that the driver - who is in a critical condition in hospital- was carrying the knife to defend himself.

Video shows that after the motorcyclist grabbed the weapon he repeatedly slashes at the victim. No one intervenes though someone is filming at a distance as the traffic grinds to a halt.

Much of the grisly injuries occurred behind the line of sight but it is clear that the attack is a one way altercation once the motorcyclist gets the sword.

The motorcyclist - Noppadon Ponma - was filmed later at the police station talking matter-of-factly about what he had done.

Police said he was suffering from mental problems and had been drinking.

The driver was in a critical condition in a Saraburi hospital. Doctors had had to perform life saving measures including CPR to save his life. He had suffered at least ten serious slash wounds, lost a large amount of blood and was on a respirator.

He was named as Surasak Deeprasert. His wife said on TV it was an unbelievably cruel attack on her husband.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-16

Police said he was suffering from mental problems and had been drinking.

OK then that explains it all. Crazy drunk attacks bus driver.

Am I supposed to have sympathy for the bus driver who, apart from his driving, escalates a confrontation by producing a knife?

1 minute ago, halloween said:

Am I supposed to have sympathy for the bus driver who, apart from his driving, escalates a confrontation by producing a knife?

Must agree with you. But why on earth did he not use it first?

It would appear two complete nutters faced one another here!

my father told me never draw your gun unless you are prepared to use it.

otherwise it will be taken away from you. 

i think the bus driver only meant to intimidate the other driver with that sword.

Article says bus driver was carrying the knife to protect himself.

Well he made a mess of that then.

12 minutes ago, Mackstask said:

Another crazy low life, cowardly act using a sword against a defenseless person. 

They both had the sword at one point or another...

Just goes to show what cowards Thai's are, the driver carries a knife for protection, the bike rider uses it on the bus driver, what ever happened to a good old street fighting, oh sorry, forgot I was in Thailand "again"

35 minutes ago, bheard said:

Stand back and be entertained I reckon.

9 minutes ago, dexjnr555 said:

How can one be entertained by this? Shame on you. The guy is on his death bed and his wife is distraught, how would you feel if your loved one was on their death bed after a sword attack?

You would have to be an Aussie to understand the humour in what he is actually saying I "reckon"

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just goes to show what cowards Thai's are, the driver carries a knife for protection, the bike rider uses it on the bus driver, what ever happened to a good old street fighting, oh sorry, forgot I was in Thailand "again"

There is nothing good about street fighting either. Rather than being cowards (and yet again foreigners painting a whole nation with the same brush), it just goes to show how quickly belligerent people can get here, maybe it's the heat. The climate surely must play a part.

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

You would have to be an Aussie to understand the humours side of what he is saying I "reckon"

Yes, I am an Aussie.

What a sad reflection on the country that a bus driver feels that it's necessary to carry a sword for protection when going about his duties.

2 hours ago, Mackstask said:

Another crazy low life, cowardly act using a sword against a defenseless person. 

It's the bus driver who has the sword.....not the motorcyclist....