Car Finance without Work Permit

VNRonan

Hi All,

Ive been trawling through the forums and seeing some mixed and confusing experiences with foreigners getting car finance. I hope there is someone here who can help me. I have just moved to Phuket with my Thai Fiancé, we both lived and worked in Manila for 3 + years and decided to move to Thailand so our son could grow up here. My scenario is as follows.

- No work permit as i do not work here ( My company is based abroad and i will be travelling back and forth for work)

- Depleted my savings to move here and get settled (so a large deposit or buying outright is not an option just now)

- Fiancé has Thai bank account but has sporadic deposits as we were abroad working and Thai account wasn't used much

- She will not be working as i will be supporting us.

We called Toyota, but they won't touch me as i don't have a work permit and won't touch her as she doesn't have a job. the second hand car dealerships again won't touch me, and are quoting astronomical downpayment quotes for her.

My question is does anyone know of a dealership with in-house financing or a financing company that are reasonable with foreigners and locals to purchase a car. Or do you know of any other ways available.

Thanks

VNR

• 4 months later...
On 6/17/2017 at 10:58 AM, Dagnabbit said:

I got financing on a new Benz. No work permit and just showed them paypal statements and a 50% deposit.

And I turned up in a BMW which didnt hurt...

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

What dealership was it? Will it work if i show them my kasikorn bank statements with an approx of 200k thb monthly income for the last year without work permit? 

On ‎06‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:23 PM, Dagnabbit said:

Nope.

I have used statements from offshore accounts a number of times here to borrow money.

Earnings do not have to be related to a job or domestic.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

Not correct based on my experience.  I was recently told that even though I can prove consistent income from overseas that they will not approve a loan unless I have a work permit and work for a local company.  They wouldn't consider allowing me to pay a higher down payment.  It was simply stated: no work permit, no loan.  If you know a bank or finance company who will consider off-shore income, please share the information to help others in this situation.

I arrange finance for a car a few years ago. I work offshore as well. It had to be arrange through my wife. I acted as her guarantor. I provided a letter from my company in the Middle East. It stated how much I earned monthly. I also provided bank statements from my offshore account. Although my offshore account statements have my Thai address on them. Don’t think my wife had a job at this point.

40 minutes ago, puffy said:

I got car finance without showing a work permit. Showed UK bank statements and Thai bank statements, They came to my house to take pictures for some reason and I paid a 25 percent deposit. 

They also came to my house & took pictures, don't know why as it was not used as colateral & can't be touched (in wifes & sons name )

Anything is possible here - But the OP's problem would be that he can't put 50% down 

I''m on a Non O ME Visa & still work abroad

Put 50% down

Showed my Thai bank account along with wifes (she's never had anything in it all done through mine )

Wife went Guarantor (but has nothing that can be used )

Had to pay Loan Insurance 

Showed home country Tax Statement 

I was approved for finance by Kiatnikin bank for a new Toyota with 50 percent down from a Toyota dealership in Pattaya.  I was on a tourist visa but was able to prove I had resided in the Kingdom for a number of years by showing my bank books and overseas bank account statements.

Kurt

On 10/23/2017 at 8:09 AM, kbelyeu said:

I was approved for finance by Kiatnikin bank for a new Toyota with 50 percent down from a Toyota dealership in Pattaya.  I was on a tourist visa but was able to prove I had resided in the Kingdom for a number of years by showing my bank books and overseas bank account statements.

Kurt

How did it work? Did you go to the bank first or the dealership? People here mention tisco bank as a farang friendly in terms of car loans. Wondering if it would be ok if i just show up at one of their offices, ask for a car loan and show them my bank book from another bank. 

On 10/25/2017 at 10:26 PM, JameszBond said:

How did it work? Did you go to the bank first or the dealership? People here mention tisco bank as a farang friendly in terms of car loans. Wondering if it would be ok if i just show up at one of their offices, ask for a car loan and show them my bank book from another bank. 

Dealership works it out in my experience.

Archived